[ausops] RedMcCloud - misunderstanding

Appeals which have been closed.
RedMcCloud
Byond Username: RedMcCloud

[ausops] RedMcCloud - misunderstanding

Post by RedMcCloud » #92004

[ausops] RedMcCloud - sec jobban + Perma

Byond account and character name: RedMcCloud, and I fluctuate between Kolt Saudwell and Red McCloud
Banning admin: ausops
Ban type (What are you banned from?): sec jobs and server
Ban reason and length: shooting the bartender on the shuttle with a stetchkin and perma
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 31-5-2015 1:06 AM West Coast
Your side of the story:

Text wall incoming

Last night I was playing on /tg/station as the warden when the bartender decided it was smart to shoot me in the face with his DB shotgun loaded with beanbags before hiding in his back room. I was the only member of sec at the time. I tried to arrest him with the captain's help, but the captain treated him like a butt-buddy and wouldn't open the door for me, saying that 'maybe he's a good person' and all that noise. On the shuttle, I had a syndie pistol from a dead syndiling, and decided it was time to exact my revenge from getting shot in the face, so I walked up to the bartender in his cake hat and shot him in the face for trying to murder me earlier. I don't know if I killed him (I doubt that I did, the stetchkin isn't exactly the most powerful weapon of all time), and then the HoS started spraying the shuttle with taser fire attempting to get me, instead of asking why. And then the round ended mere seconds later.

I'm starting to get sick of this method of 'permaban now, ask later'.

Why you think you should be unbanned: it was revenge for the bastard trying to kill me earlier
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: [ausops] RedMcCloud - misunderstanding

Post by imblyings » #92006

Spoiler:
[03:25:09] Has been shot by River Reade(redacted!) with The bullet = null
[03:25:10] Has been shot by River Reade(redacted!) with The bullet = null
[03:25:24] Has shot River Reade(redacted!) with The electrode = null
[03:28:56] Has shot River Reade(redacted!) with The electrode = null
[03:57:10] Has shot River Reade(redacted!) with The bullet = null
[03:57:11] Has shot River Reade(redacted!) with The bullet = null
[03:57:12] Has shot River Reade(redacted!) with The bullet = null
He shot you with non-lethal rounds twice, you stunned him a bit, and about a half hour passes when the shuttle is called. The shuttle departs from Centcom and you shoot the bartender five times with a weapon that does 25 damage per shot if I recall right, which puts him into crit. I highly doubt his intent was to kill you either. This was incredible escalation given the cessation of hostilities earlier and while sec have a certain leeway with executing prisoners if they cannot be safely restrained, the bartender was not attacking you or anyone else on the shuttle, nor was the shuttle in a state of chaos that prevented you from non-lethally restraining him. There's also the fact that you don't execute someone for having shot you twice with beanbags.

I can lift the server ban but the jobban remains in place- the perma jobban was a culmination of your note history regarding conduct while playing security and you were on a last warning placed by another admin as well. It may be prudent for you to play roles other than security for a while.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
RedMcCloud

Post by RedMcCloud » #92007

imblyings wrote:
Spoiler:
[03:25:09] Has been shot by River Reade(redacted!) with The bullet = null
[03:25:10] Has been shot by River Reade(redacted!) with The bullet = null
[03:25:24] Has shot River Reade(redacted!) with The electrode = null
[03:28:56] Has shot River Reade(redacted!) with The electrode = null
[03:57:11] Has shot River Reade(redacted!) with The bullet = null
He shot you with non-lethal rounds twice, you stunned him a bit, and about a half hour passes when the shuttle is called. The shuttle departs from Centcom and you shoot the bartender five times with a weapon that does 25 damage per shot if I recall right, which puts him into crit. I highly doubt his intent was to kill you either. This was incredible escalation given the cessation of hostilities earlier and while sec have a certain leeway with executing prisoners if they cannot be safely restrained, the bartender was not attacking you or anyone else on the shuttle, nor was the shuttle in a state of chaos that prevented you from non-lethally restraining him. There's also the fact that you don't execute someone for having shot you twice with beanbags.

I can lift the server ban but the jobban remains in place- the perma jobban was a culmination of your note history regarding conduct while playing security and you were on a last warning placed by another admin as well. It may be prudent for you to play roles other than security for a while.
Alrighty.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #92008

I'll keep this thread up for 24 hours in case anymore needs to be said then I'm locking it.
RedMcCloud

Post by RedMcCloud » #92009

imblyings wrote:I'll keep this thread up for 24 hours in case anymore needs to be said then I'm locking it.
I personally think my PERMANENT jobban should be lowered to something like a month

because then i will have something to look forward to instead of just twiddling my thumbs and wondering, while still being really long
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #92010

I would have to consult with some of the admins who have been involved with you first. I would recommend in the meantime that you play spessmens for a while and demonstrate that you have a good grasp on what is proper escalation and when it is or isn't acceptable to kill someone. An appeal in a month's time is possible if you can do these things.