John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

[SubtleGraces] John_Oxford - AI/Cyborg Job ban

Post by John_Oxford » #93477

Byond account and character name: John_Oxford - Bill Rowe
Banning admin: SubtleGraces
Ban type (What are you banned from?):AI/Cyborg Positions - Recieved a 120 minute ban
Ban reason and length: Forever - Not appealing the 120 minute ban, as it's already passed.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): June 5th, 3:00 AM EST
Your side of the story:
TLDR: I followed my laws to the book, 70% of the multiple cases, they weren't set to Asimov (Variants of Corporate and Paladin) I was doing so because people we're repeatively breaking them, by fighting, and trying to murder one another. There we're other cases non-specific to the following, the following is a specific example.

I was O.V.E.R.W.A.T.C.H the AI, i was set to Paladin by the HOP.
A Assistant became the captain by gaining the rank, doesn't concern me, i'm paladin.
The Job Assigned Captain wasen't selected, a late join captain joined the game.
The Late join captain (Captain B) started fighting with the round start captain (Captain A)
They stopped.
Captain B then stated over the radio "LETS KILL CAPTAIN A FOR HER CRIMES!!"
Captain B then drags Captain A to the kitchen, with Captain A screaming over the radio "HELP" and "TRAITORS!"
Captain B entered the Kitchen with Captain A cuffed behind him, followed by the HOS and a Sec Officer (Who we're not arresting him, but following him in support)
I saw this, dropped all the door bolts in the kitchen, turned on the fire alarm, and closed the shutters.
Captain B, and the HOS requested i open the doors, i replied no, as that would allow the death of Captain A, which would be a Evil Act (PALADIN)
Refused to let them out. Continuely closing firelocks/bolting doors/closing shutters
After a while of doing this, i recieved this.

<span class='boldannounce'><BIG>You have been banned by subtlegraces.<br>
Reason: Repeat Rule 1 violations as the AI over the course of a few rounds; generally making himself as big of an obnoxious pain in the crew's ass as possible. Twisting your laws IC is fine, doing it to be a jerk OOC is not.</BIG></span><br>
<span class='danger'>This is a temporary ban, it will be removed in 120 minutes.</span><br>
<span class='danger'>To try to resolve this matter head to https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewforum ... </span><br>
<pre class="system system">Connection died.</pre><pre class="system system"><br>
</pre>

This was followed by a ban from AI and Cyborgs, i am not appealing the 120 minute ban.

Let me break down the ban message:
"Repeat Rule 1 violations as the AI over the course of a few rounds; generally making himself as big of an obnoxious pain in the crew's ass as possible."

-Following my laws, when they we're set by the HOP, isen't being a dick, its following my laws, i could not follow my laws, and receive a ban for that, see the flaw in that logic?
-In previous rounds, i was subverted by nuke ops, and given one human laws. Those we're the only times i actually was a pain in the ass.
-There we're times when the crew was being "as big of a an obnoxious pain in the ass as possible" not including the fact of abusing the shit out of me when i had asimov, claiming fuck tons of meaningless tasks against me, of which i have no problem with, as long as i can be a asshole back (In IC)

"Twisting your laws IC is fine, doing it to be a jerk OOC is not."
-I have not twisted my laws, i have followed them how they we're typed. this is incorrect.
-I was not being a jerk in OOC, i was following my laws IC, If following my laws IC is being a jerk in OOC, then there's a paradox.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
Ban reasons are invalid, i followed my laws to how they we're typed. I was banned by the personal opinion of a admin, not to the facts of how the situation went.
If no one had constantly fucked with me, and my laws, everything would be great. My total law changes at the end of the round before the captain situation was around 30, consider that when you say i "twisted" my laws.

EDIT: This is also a copy of all of my notes on Sybil

Three notes.
Arete
Byond Username: Arete

Re: [SubtleGraces] John_Oxford - AI/Cyborg Job ban

Post by Arete » #93482

I'm pretty sure I recall you claiming earlier that night that the Corporate lawset essentially gave you free reign to do anything because of "loopholes." If you're trying to claim that one of the default lawsets is unworkable, then you probably shouldn't be putting yourself in a position where you'll be expected to follow it.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #93503

Don't leave out your bagil notes, you can't just show half the picture here.

06-Mar-2015 | Prevented entry to medbay as an asimov from someone bleeding to death because they tried to hack in with a pai. Insisted they could bolt every door on the station if they wanted under asimov. They were informed why this is stupid and agreed after a bit of a row. ~stickymayhem [-]
30-Mar-2015 | Warned - emote spam ~saegrimr
Subtle
Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Post by Subtle » #93505

First off, just to clear things up (I should have informed you in-game) the AI ban is for a week.

That particular round wasn't the first incident.

You've got quite the habit of using your laws as the AI to make the experience unpleasant for other people playing. I'd been receiving complaints regarding your behavior as a Silicon over the previous rounds prior to the ban and had argued on your behalf, because let's face it, playing AI is often not a thankful or fun job. However after taking the time to watch your AI-eye during this particular one I must agree with their assessment. You actively enabled people causing trouble and used your laws to manipulate the situation in whatever way happened to suit your agenda in doing so at the moment. No consistency, just to be a pain in everyone's ass between your constantly shifting lawset. (Which was changed from ASIMOV in a last-ditch IC attempt to get you to cooperate numerous times)

Yes, this ban is based on my personal opinion that your behavior was actively detrimental to the server over the course of that night. It's under rule one.
I'll head into the logs and see about pulling any relevant quotes, or simply making them available to people here to draw their own judgements.
John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #93506

Arete wrote:I'm pretty sure I recall you claiming earlier that night that the Corporate lawset essentially gave you free reign to do anything because of "loopholes." If you're trying to claim that one of the default lawsets is unworkable, then you probably shouldn't be putting yourself in a position where you'll be expected to follow it.
That particular round was a rev round, i was asking to be changed to paladin to be in favor of the heads, i was set to corporate at the time, that was my way of getting my laws changed to paladin. I essentially strong armed the heads into changing my lawset to Paladin, so that i could prevent the rev's from fucking everyone and everything over. The heads we're pretty slow to the ball that round, that's why i did that. To insure we didn't get fucked over so quickly.
John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #93508

Nevermind, if the AI ban is for a week, i won't bother appealing it, Please close the thread.