[NikNakFlak] Verarch - Metacomm

Appeals which have been closed.
Verarch

[NikNakFlak] Verarch - Metacomm

Post by Verarch » #101522

Byond account and character name: Verarch / Omar Bennett

Banning admin: NikNakFlak

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server?

Ban reason and length: Metacomms with a friend - Perma

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 21:31:17 , EDT

Your side of the story: Me and my friend were playing together and talking over Skype. He said he would be an assistant and that we would go to the kitchen and gib monkeys, making them into cutlet sandwiches.
Suddenly, unimporant part, the Captain runs in and begins to assault us. We retaliate and kill him in the process for nearly killing someone without reason. He started it, after all. As I'm arrested, NikNakFlak PM's me, talking to me about how I am metagaming with my friend. I will admit, we were not talking IC, but fast forward and I got permabanned.

Why you think you should be unbanned: A permaban is a bit harsh for using metacomms only two times, the other a week ago. I understand that it would be a ban, but perma is just uncalled for. At the least, I'd like it to be shortened to a few days.

I may edit this. Made this late in the night.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: [NikNakFlak] Verarch - Metacomm

Post by NikNakFlak » #101526

There was a rather large confusion as the first time you were warned, your friend was not directly contacted even though he had a note saying he was warned. Technoalchemist only warned you initially and not TheElderHobo. That being said, you guys had the same IP, which makes the skype claim confusing. The same IP means you probably were in the same place? I'll check with MSO on that one. Either way regardless, you were already warned not to do this once. It doesn't matter if you think it's rather "light", you were told to keep things IC and not metacomm before and you ignored this warning. TheElderHobo was not banned due to the above reason of not directly being warned but it looks like we can't trust you guys not to do this so I'm debating on whether or not to un-ban you. In hindsight you weren't that much of a problem or issue in game but it was enough that I got on to you guys and saw that you were already warned.

This game is based around not sharing info you don't know in-game and for that reason metacomms is strictly not allowed. If you didn't want to get banned, I don't know why you didn't heed the warning in the first place. This is still up in the air though, I'll get some second opinions and do some IP looking.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #101527

Literally Rule 5, near the top of the page. You don't even have to go far to find it.

5. IC information should be kept out of OOC channels and vice-versa. (IE: do not talk about the current round outside of IC communication methods, and do not break the fourth wall in the round.
-Doing this privately (steam/IRL/skype) will generally lead to immediate permabans for all involved parties. Especially when used to gain an in game advantage.

You have nobody to blame but yourself for not reading the rules.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Verarch

Post by Verarch » #101602

Well, shit.

Is there any chance of me being unbanned in the future?
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #101639

Verarch wrote:I will admit, we were not talking IC
Verarch wrote:Me and my friend were playing together and talking over Skype. He said he would be an assistant and that we would go to the kitchen and gib monkeys, making them into cutlet sandwiches.
metacommunications is something /tg/ takes extremely seriously. i cannot say for certain what the admins will choose to do, but i wouldn't expect to be unbanned for a while.
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #101642

Also, ik im not involved and may get in trouble.

But seeing the severity of your communication, you didn't really do all that bad of things. I wouldn't expect them to be so strict as to keep you banned for years without appeal, but if you do get unbanned you could do what I do and have to just tell my friends no if they ask what server I play on I don't even take the risk because of the investigational powers these guys have. It's sad but I don't even play with my friends on here lol, I had to make new ones to enjoy being around IC :D

I hope this slightly helped you, and sorry to hear you were perma banned, hope to see you soon if you don't get unbanned now.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #101753

Play on another server for a while and get someone from that servers admin team to vouch for you as well, that'll prove you can play without being shit
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #101895

Oranges, he wasn't that shit, he just broke a rule that we can't allow to be broken when he was already warned for it. If you are going to disregard the rules, you obviously can't be trusted to play here. Simple as that, I'm resolving this now.