Appeals which have been closed.
blobbernaut
Byond Username: Blobbernaut

[thelongbowman] blobbernaut - permaban

Post by blobbernaut » #104657

Byond account and character name: blobbernaut, paints-it-black
Banning admin: thelongbowman
Ban type (What are you banned from?): permanent
Ban reason and length: As a non-antag, detonated a bag of holding on the escape shuttle, claiming it was because everyone was dead/ in crit anyway
Time ban was placed (including time zone): july 13th; 4:22 am server time

Your side of the story: I spent the entire shift doing as much as I could to upgrade everything as a scientist. I built myself a durand to take onto the shuttle, and even though I never even activated the weapon module or fired it, even at empty space, the HOS runs back to the armory for the ion rifle to kill it. I was angry! This was my badge for 45 minutes of hard work. I made two bags of holding for your typical shuttle-dock shenanigans and you know the rest. I saw a guy, Muhammad al-is-nis who was the toxins scientist run in, and I knew there was going to be a bomb after another already detonated in escape a couple minutes earlier. It would have killed everybody but me and the HOS.. and I just wanted personal revenge. It's petty, I know, and I'm sorry. I'm not usually like that.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Alright, I'm just gonna be honest here and say I fucked up. You can see in the time it was 4am. I didn't get much sleep the night before so at that point I'd been up for 40 hours or so and my judgement was not where it needed to be. I made a mistake by even being on the server in the first place. I'm not justifying it with that, but I want that put in as context. I got angry when my mech was destroyed for no other reason than the HOS didn't have one of his own, I let my emotions take over, then, I tried to talk my way out of a ban by trying to make it sound like it was OK to do what I did. The result was that I got fucked even harder than I would have if I was just honest and said I did it because I got angry.

My record has been pretty clean up to this point, I don't know if it's been spotless, but I enjoy playing on this server, and I normally try to contribute to the round as much as I can. This mistake is not a trend that indicates my usual behavior, and all I want is to get a chance to prove that this was just a fluke, something that I'll make sure never happens again. I don't expect my ban to be lifted completely, but anything other than permanent is all I am asking for.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [thelongbowman] blobbernaut - permaban

Post by Saegrimr » #104999

blobbernaut wrote:My record has been pretty clean up to this point, I don't know if it's been spotless,
Yeah this is anything but "clean". If you'd like I can PM you this list of notes you've aquired.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
blobbernaut
Byond Username: Blobbernaut

Post by blobbernaut » #105023

Even so, I don't think this was worth a permaban. Let me prove that this was an isolated incident and will never happen again.
TheLongbowMan
Byond Username: TheLongBowMan

Post by TheLongbowMan » #105335

Well things like this have happened before, but we have your word that this will not carry on.

You have been banned for a week so far, so I will lift the ban and place you on probation until further notice.

Enjoy your last chance.

Unless anyone has anything to add I would like to resolve this.