[jud1c470r] - TylerValleGG's Unban Appeal

Post by TylerValleGG » #121632

[jud1c470r] TylerValleGG - Metagrudging

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: TylerValleGG, Tyler Valle
Banning admin: jud1c470r

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Sybil Ban

Ban reason and length: For Metagrudging and I think it's for a day

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2015-09-27 18:24:12 Pacific Standard Time

Your side of the story: I'm going to be upfront and admit to the fact that I metagrudged this guy, Lance Hardwood but for a reason. Yesterday I watched him steal the Chemistry vending machine and space it 5 rounds in a row because he wouldn't get the unstable mutagen he wanted. The first two times, I tried to keep it in character by going to the security team but they didn't seem to care about catching a non antag who had just spaced all of the station's medicine. After the third round I admin helped it and got a "We'll keep our eye on him" after he did it two more times I admin helped again said "He tried to do it again" which admittedly was a vague and stupid admin help. After nothing was really done about this I admin helped and said that I'm going to kill him if he comes into the medbay again, because I'm sick of him, and I didn't get a reply so I felt like I was in the clear.

Fast forward to today and he came into the medbay and once again asked for mutagen, I told him to get out and he told me no, so I shot him with a morphine syringe and toss him into the bar, soon after I got boinked and give three large paragraphs of explaination to jud1c470r and got no reply so I felt I was in the clear. He came back in later and I gave him 90 units of mutagen and told him that's all he gets and if he comes back I'll kill him. The other chemist who was confused asked me why and I explained the whole situation to him by saying "I've worked with this guy for a couple of shifts and for at least 5 of them in a row he's come in here demanded unstable mutagan and if he didn't get it, he'd come back and steal the vending machine and throw it out the airlock". The other chemist agreed with me that Lance was trouble and refused to help him.

Lance came back into medbay a short time later for more mutagen and I told him to get out (realize this guy has stolen the vending machine 5 rounds in a row, why would I suddenly just believe he wouldn't throw 40 minutes of work out the airlock) so when he refused to leave, I morphined him again, injected 30 more units into him and left him in the bar.

I don't really care about the metagrudging because while it's wrong and I'm usually good about it, I tried and tried to get admins to intervene on this and no one wanted to step in and stop a guy from wasting all the chemistry team's work for 5 rounds in a row. At no point did I kill this guy until a round where he bumped into me outside the bar and started to attack me with a wrench.

Why you think you should be unbanned: My metagrudging was to save the station from some butthurt nonantag botanist. What he did didn't only affect me, it affected the other chemist who had their chems stolen and thrown into space.
Last edited by peoplearestrange on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: title edit
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Unban Appeal

Post by Wyzack » #121649

Not sure if this is covered under the Anon3 amendment or not but why do you think it is perfectly okay as a chemist to deny someone chemicals they need to do their job properly?
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #121653

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44

There's a template that really helps with the formatting
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
TylerValleGG

Post by TylerValleGG » #121656

Wyzack wrote:Not sure if this is covered under the Anon3 amendment or not but why do you think it is perfectly okay as a chemist to deny someone chemicals they need to do their job properly?
I think even most botanists would agree you don't need 100's of units of Unstable mutagen to do your job.
TylerValleGG

Post by TylerValleGG » #121670

Scones wrote:https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44

There's a template that really helps with the formatting
There you go, is that better?
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #121798

TylerValleGG wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Not sure if this is covered under the Anon3 amendment or not but why do you think it is perfectly okay as a chemist to deny someone chemicals they need to do their job properly?
I think even most botanists would agree you don't need 100's of units of Unstable mutagen to do your job.
Sometimes, you do. Botany is largely RNG-based, and even if you're applying it two units at a time, you can still easily use up hundreds of units without getting a desired potency-yield-production combination. It's a little like Virology using plasma for their virii - except acquiring unstable mutagen from Chemistry isn't (usually) difficult.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Re: [jud1c470r] - TylerValleGG's Unban Appeal

Post by newfren » #121899

I frequently go to chemistry with 7 large beakers to get filled with mutagen as a botanist and I still run out all the time. The RNG involved in mutating for plant species can and has drained through ~70u of mutagen for me before, and that's not even for mutations like tomato or berry where there's multiple mutations and you tend to aim for a specific one.
Docprofsmith
Byond Username: Jud1c470r

Re: [jud1c470r] - TylerValleGG's Unban Appeal

Post by Docprofsmith » #122332

The ban time ran out and I personally was never going to lift it due to horrific metagrudging, regardless of whether or not you think it was for the good of the station.
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC