Banned for a dumb reason

Appeals which have been closed.
LettuceChopper

Banned for a dumb reason

Post by LettuceChopper » #122337

Title/subject: Kind of unfair for a ban
[Tedward1337] Lance Hardwood - not worthy of a ban

Post Content: I was banned for killing a wizard as a drone. Definitely subject to a ban given other circumstances
Byond account and character name: lettucechopper Lance Hardwood
Banning admin: Tedward1337
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Game ban
Ban reason and length: Reason: Murdered a wizard as a drone. Take this time to freshen up on silicon rules, and policy. 1440 minutes
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 21:57:57 server time
Your side of the story: So it was a wizard round and I was minding my business trying to get over a grudge with a player in a previous round so I was making an honest effort not to piss people off. I was turned into a drone by a wizard at some point. At some point roaming around I found a spear and was playing around with it and came across a wiz attacking people so I ousted him with a spear. I got a message asking what that was about soon after from an admin and he pointed me to the laws for silicons. I was unaware of these and then I got a day ban, not from silicons, but from the game.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I did not choose to be a drone and I would never be a "silicon" because I really don't know how they operate. I'm was just trying to have fun in game and I crossed the lines. I understand that, but if the ban is so I can "freshen up on silicon rules" then why am I not just banned from borgs? I also would like to apologize to the player I killed. I know how it feels to be removed unjustly and I hope you don't grudge me.

EDIT: It may have gone over your heads that I didn't ask to be a drone I was turned into one by a wiz. I had no clue what I was being thrown into and if I did I would've just offed myself
Last edited by LettuceChopper on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Re: Banned for a dumb reason

Post by tedward1337 » #122338

Round is still in progress. Do not make an appeal until the round is over.

Edit:
Also, a day ban is standard for killing someone as a non-antag. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse.
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
LettuceChopper

Post by LettuceChopper » #122340

Look, how was I supposed to know the round wasn't over yet? Also I was very respectful to the admins when I was messaged and I had no malicious intent when I killed the player, who was an antag. It should also be noted that I am aware that ignorance is not an excuse but there are other methods of remediation other than a ban. And I would like an answer as to why this wasn't just a silicon ban if I that's what I truly violated.
Docprofsmith
Byond Username: Jud1c470r

Post by Docprofsmith » #122341

You still broke the rules so it's still a ban. It's a standard ban for what you did.
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
LettuceChopper

Post by LettuceChopper » #122344

Docprofsmith wrote:You still broke the rules so it's still a ban. It's a standard ban for what you did.
The standard ban for killing someone as a non-antag is a day ban. What's the standard procedure for breaking borg laws?
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #122345

Banned from the role. You are banned from playing drone for now.

Edit: It has come to my attention that you also play on an alt ckey by the handle of Thes0up, can you clarify why?
Game Admin
Spoiler:
LettuceChopper

Post by LettuceChopper » #122346

tedward1337 wrote:Banned from the role. You are banned from playing drone for now.
If I was a human I wouldn't have broken any rules because the guy was a wizard am I correct?
Docprofsmith

Post by Docprofsmith » #122348

That is correct. But you weren't human so it doesn't matter.
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #122349

LettuceChopper wrote:
tedward1337 wrote:Banned from the role. You are banned from playing drone for now.
If I was a human I wouldn't have broken any rules because the guy was a wizard am I correct?
Correct, however you weren't a human, you were a drone.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
LettuceChopper

Post by LettuceChopper » #122351

tedward1337 wrote:
LettuceChopper wrote:
Correct, however you weren't a human, you were a drone.
alright so the rule I broke was a drone law and I broke no other rules and you just said that isn't a day ban but a job ban.
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #122352

Its a job ban, and a day ban.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
LettuceChopper

Post by LettuceChopper » #122353

tedward1337 wrote:Its a job ban, and a day ban.
Alright you said before the punishment for killing someone if you aren't an antag is a day ban, but the punishment for breaking rules is a job ban. If the point of the ban is for me to look over silicon rules then why isn't the job ban enough?
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #122355

LettuceChopper wrote:
Alright you said before the punishment for killing someone if you aren't an antag is a day ban, but the punishment for breaking rules is a job ban. If the point of the ban is for me to look over silicon rules then why isn't the job ban enough?
punishment for killing someone if you aren't an antag is a day ban
punishment for breaking rules is a job ban
You did both.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
LettuceChopper

Post by LettuceChopper » #122356

tedward1337 wrote:
LettuceChopper wrote:
You did both.
the guy was an antag right? If he wasn't an antag I'll stop right now but he was doing wizard stuff. Killing antags has been ok with other admins
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #122360

LettuceChopper wrote:
tedward1337 wrote:
LettuceChopper wrote:
You did both.
the guy was an antag right? If he wasn't an antag I'll stop right now but he was doing wizard stuff. Killing antags has been ok with other admins
You were a drone. You cannot interact with humans. You attacked a wizard as a drone, with a spear. Which critted him, and killed him. Thus the ban.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
LettuceChopper

Post by LettuceChopper » #122362

tedward1337 wrote:
LettuceChopper wrote:
tedward1337 wrote:
LettuceChopper wrote:
You did both.
You were a drone. You cannot interact with humans. You attacked a wizard as a drone, with a spear. Which critted him, and killed him. Thus the ban.
alright obviously your replies don't mean anything here because your mind won't be changed and I'm not going to just keep repeating myself so maybe let a couple more admins reply and then this won't be flooded with our back and forths
Docprofsmith

Post by Docprofsmith » #122364

LettuceChopper wrote:
tedward1337 wrote:
LettuceChopper wrote:
tedward1337 wrote:
LettuceChopper wrote:
You did both.
alright obviously your replies don't mean anything here because your mind won't be changed and I'm not going to just keep repeating myself so maybe let a couple more admins reply and then this won't be flooded with our back and forths
Hello, I am an admin that isn't Tedward. You broke the rules and were punished for it.
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #122365

Hello, I am an admin that isn't Tedward. You broke the rules and were punished for it.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #122366

You were a drone. Drones are not able to interact with humans, let alone kill them. Hell, drones in general are not at all suppose to fuck with antags. It does not matter what you were before, you were made into a drone and should have noted your laws as if you were made into a borg.

You're unlikely to find an admin that will agree that it was okay for you to kill someone as a drone, no matter who they were and if they were an antag. Take your ban like a man and go do something else for a day.

Also keeping with the current meme: Hello, I am an admin that isn't Tedward. You broke the rules and were punished for it.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
LettuceChopper

Post by LettuceChopper » #122367

Saegrimr wrote:Hello, I am an admin that isn't Tedward. You broke the rules and were punished for it.
Yeah I definitely get that I broke silicon rules, but the way it was explained to me I only broke a drone rule because the guy was an antag. I mean I genuinely didn't set out to break any rules and the crime wasn't malicious in nature
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #122369

Drones are absolutely not allowed to even interact with any creature that isn't another drone, much less stab them with a spear. These are usually met with immediate permabans because drones are a privilege to decent players who can follow basic instructions who are also too bored to stay as a ghost.

The dayban is for the fact you killed someone. Antag status doesn't even matter here.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Docprofsmith

Post by Docprofsmith » #122370

That is the end of it though.

You broke the rules.

Go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect £200.

Go shit up singulo.
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
LettuceChopper

Post by LettuceChopper » #122371

Aliannera wrote:You were a drone. Drones are not able to interact with humans, let alone kill them. Hell, drones in general are not at all suppose to fuck with antags. It does not matter what you were before, you were made into a drone and should have noted your laws as if you were made into a borg.

You're unlikely to find an admin that will agree that it was okay for you to kill someone as a drone, no matter who they were and if they were an antag. Take your ban like a man and go do something else for a day.

Also keeping with the current meme: Hello, I am an admin that isn't Tedward. You broke the rules and were punished for it.
Wow look an admin that isn't trying to be an asshole. You have broken the trend of the current meme
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #122373

Hello, I am an admin that isn't Tedward. You broke the rules and got punished for it.
Silicons are a different case than humans, as your laws don't allow for wiggle room on murdering really. Killing someone in violation of your laws is basically like killing a non antag as a non antag fnr. There's no escalation involved with laws. You can't escalate to breaking them.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #122374

<&lollerderby>Someone put this appeal out of its misery