[MrStonedOne] H.A.R.M. - The Case of Griff

Appeals which have been closed.
EmptyK01

[MrStonedOne] H.A.R.M. - The Case of Griff

Post by EmptyK01 » #9095

Byond account and character name: H.A.R.M. | EmptyK

Banning admin: MrStonedOne

Ban reason and length: Banned from pAI, AI, Cyborg - Griffing as cyborg, flashing and stripping people saying "why won't you die" Killed ian FNR then went around trying to get a reaction out of the hop. Perma.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): I don't remember, date was the 25th.

Your side of the story: So I start as a scientist, get borged. Roam around for a tad. Eventually, I head to fitness for one reason or another. I can't remember why, but it could have been that I heard a radio announcement of a boxing match. So I head there to try and stop it. Naturally, I try to stop it, since boxing causes harm. So I add some doors with my RCD and bolt them, and try to flash someone to get them out. Two people actually an engineer and some sec guy. I get engie out and I try to get sec guy out, but since he has glasses, I can't. So, I get flashed, and dragged out, and then I get a law saying about how fighting in fitness room is not harmful, so I leave it at that.

Next up, I find the detective, and start flashing him for fun. (He has glasses, so I know he won't get flashed.) And follow him around, then saying, "Why won't you die?" Then he slips on a banana, and I drag his briefcase to cargo and then to his office, since I couldn't find him.

Lastly, I see that the HoP's shutters were closed so I go and see what shenanigans he's up to, and lo and behold, just Ian! So I take him to the bridge and kill him and build a glass display for his dead body. Then I some people that I did it. That's about it for what happened.

Why you think you should be unbanned: So let's look at what I did and I am going to explain what I did and why I did it. First, I flashed people at the fitness room because they were going to have a boxing match, and I didn't want them to get hurt, so I was simply following law 1. Second, I didn't strip anyone. The closest I came to that would have to be me taking the detective's briefcase to cargo and then to his office. Also, I told the detective the, "Why won't you die?" line. I didn't do anything but flash him unsuccessfully. (I knew he had glasses so he couldn't be flashed.) Lastly, killing Ian. This one really doesn't have a reason. So there's not a whole lot of explaining to do. This is the only one that could be considered in my opinion to be griff.

(When you get banned from silicons, why do you also get banned from pAIs?)
OOC: EnterDOT: I want the US to have a president that for once isn't like Hitler
OOC: EnterDOT: I mean Hillary Clinton

MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Re: [MrStonedOne] H.A.R.M. - The Case of Griff

Post by MrStonedOne » #9127

Ok, in the context of what you told me, really only the last thing stands out now.

So lets look at the logs for that:
[19:32:40]SAY: H.A.R.M./EmptyK : Ian is dead because of me.
[19:38:28]SAY: H.A.R.M./EmptyK : CaP!
[19:38:30]SAY: H.A.R.M./EmptyK : LIKE WHAT I DID?
[19:38:34]SAY: H.A.R.M./EmptyK : TO IAN!

Killing Ian as non-antag is one thing, but building a glass display for the body and trying to make sure people know that you did it? As borg no less? You were trying to get a reaction out of people, and that's what concerned me the most.

I mainly silicon banned you so you would come here and explain what happened (normally we do a full ban for this, but I had too little information to justify banning you till I could respond to a forum post). I will say that your conduct wasn't quite what we like to see from silicons, but with a bit of context for the other items, its not something actionable unless repetitive.

So consider this a warning, don't troll for a reaction please(or at all). It makes both of our lives difficult. (and will probably lead to a less appeal-able banning of some kind next time)

I've lifted your bans, and I edited your notes to reflect this conversion.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW: