Appeals which have been closed.
Chippershell

[thelongbowman] Chippershell - science ban

Post by Chippershell » #153222

name: chippershell , Erick Jerome
banning admin: thelongbowman
ban type: science (RD,scientist, robotics) for 10 days, /tg ss13 for 1 hour
time it was place: 18:23:05
my side of the story: i did detonate the 2 bags of holding, yes. but i genuinely didn't know what would happen (all it says is that "it's a bad idea"). the shuttle was 1 minute from arriving and my character (the RD) had just been outsmarted by the AI (who BTW, ignored RULE 2- i told it to recall the shuttle- with no RULE 1 overriding factor or the captain to overrule) my character felt suicidal and somebody had mentioned that it exploded when 2 were put together.

i killed 1 innocent with the resulting singularity and i am deeply sorry for that but they only had to wait (at most) 5 min until the next round. also I cannot do many other jobs due to my rubbish PC (engineering and chemist lag it right out) and so science is one of my only available jobs that isn't repetitive (virology, i'm looking at you)

i don't mind the hour ban, i did deserve something for it but can we reduce the 10 day science ban please as only 1 person suffered and so i think a 10 day ban is overkill

this is also my first ban ever
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: [thelongbowman] Chippershell - science ban

Post by Wyzack » #153223

Just a heads up, AI are not able to recall the shuttle, it was not ignoring your orders
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Chippershell

Post by Chippershell » #153224

ok, thanks
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #153227

From what I recall, people who BoH the station tend to get it a lot worse than you did. I strongly suspect this ban was already modified down from the usual.
RIP
Chippershell

Post by Chippershell » #153229

ok then. at least it wasn't a perma right?
Chippershell

Post by Chippershell » #153232

btw is there any way to see how long a job ban lasts afterwards?
TheLongbowMan
Byond Username: TheLongBowMan

Post by TheLongbowMan » #153426

Bear in mind, Had the singularity travelled in the other direction, you would be appealing a perma ban.
Chippershell

Post by Chippershell » #153470

true. thanks for the leniency. was it a ten day ban or a 1 day ban as i saw 14400 (10 days) but it might have been 1440 (1 day) i wasn't sure
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #153540

The number given for bans is in minutes.1440 is one day. It's how we teach admins basic math.
RIP
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #153578

Hibbles wrote:It's how we teach admins basic math.
It's not working, technoalchemist
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #153597

i'm gonna make the BoH combine message indicate it makes a singularity to prevent incidents like this
TheLongbowMan

Post by TheLongbowMan » #153600

I think that is a good idea goofball,

In this case however, when they know what they are doing, it is a different point entirely.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #153603

From the OP:
i did detonate the 2 bags of holding, yes. but i genuinely didn't know what would happen (all it says is that "it's a bad idea").
TheLongbowMan

Post by TheLongbowMan » #153608

Sorry, you are right, he did state that and did not make it clear to me that it was an accident before the ban was placed.

Here are the associated logs:
[18:17:26]ADMIN: PM: TheLongBowMan/(#####)->Chippershell/(Erick Jerome): Got a moment?
[18:17:32]ADMIN: PM: Chippershell/(Erick Jerome)->TheLongBowMan/(#####): sure
[18:18:03]ADMIN: PM: Chippershell/(Erick Jerome)->TheLongBowMan/(#####): sure i have a minute
[18:18:53]ADMIN: PM: TheLongBowMan/(#####)->Chippershell/(Erick Jerome): Why did you detonate the bag of holding?
[18:20:13]ADMIN: PM: Chippershell/(Erick Jerome)->TheLongBowMan/(#####): you want the IC or OOC reason? IC, Erick had just been outsmarted by an AI, his domain and felt suicidal. OOC, if i took out a traitor at the end of the round then it would be worth it
[18:21:00]ADMIN: PM: TheLongBowMan/(#####)->Chippershell/(Erick Jerome): Well no, you killed an innocent and risked killing many more.
[18:21:08]ADMIN: PM: Chippershell/(Erick Jerome)->TheLongBowMan/(#####): also anybody killed would have 5 mintes to wait anyway so it wasn't a major loss
[18:21:23]ADMIN: PM: Chippershell/(Erick Jerome)->TheLongBowMan/(#####): but i am sorry and will just suicide normaly next time

Oh and this one:
[17:35:12]SAY: Erick Jerome/Chippershell : 2 bags of holding make a singularity

If anything I should increase the ban for him lying.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #153611

Well, shit, there you go.

I'm still gonna make that PR but for now I want you to feel very ashamed of yourself Chippershell.
Chippershell

Post by Chippershell » #153890

sorry

--------------->me
^
arrow of shame
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #154769

Since your ban naturally expires in 3 days I'm gonna say this is resolved and let it be lifted automatically.

PM me if there's any issues with this, otherwise resolving.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box