Appeals which have been closed.
EnterDOT

[ScaredofShadows]Jobban from the heads for bombing an AI

Post by EnterDOT » #10934

Byond account and character name:enterdot
Banning admin:scaredofshadows
Ban reason and length:a week
Time ban was placed (including time zone):no.idea. around 10:40 GMT +2 I think
Your side of the story: Well, here I am going to the upload. Since the AI hasn't proved itself to be rogue yet and the revs are a threat, I come to the upload to upload some laws related to revs. And then the AI disables equipment. I thought it was just a problem, so I just swipe the APC and enable it once again. But the AI keeps disabling it and then the whole upload's main beaker. I tell it to stop but it doesn't, thus disobeying LAW 2 already. Then a borg comes in and bolts me down there, with the equipment still being disabled and turrets enabled, making HARM TO ME. Then I am forcedly pulled out by a borg and I meet up with the engineer who is implanted and has a bomb. Since the AI has proved itself to be rogue, we go to the teleporter and its satellite to bomb it, which we successfully do.
After that, I get banned. Jobbanned from all the heads (why fucking ALL of them?)
Why you think you should be unbanned:The AI had no real reason to keep stunning me and disabling equipment. Not to mention bolting me down with a borg. The AI proved itself to be rogue and became a serious threat to the station. And, really, there is nothing much to learn from there, SoS. The AI should have learned a lesson, since it acted rogue as fuck. Really, I think you'd do the same when the AI disobeys and harms you already.

Also, at least reduce the ban or make it captain/rd-only. I want to play as the HoS.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Re: [ScaredofShadows]Jobban from the heads for bombing an AI

Post by Jordie0608 » #10942

EnterDOT wrote:Since the AI hasn't proved itself to be rogue yet and the revs are a threat, I come to the upload to upload some laws related to revs.
What was this law you were going to upload?
EnterDOT wrote:And then the AI disables equipment. ... I tell it to stop but it doesn't, thus disobeying LAW 2 already ... The AI had no real reason to keep stunning me and disabling equipment. Not to mention bolting me down with a borg.
It is entirely reasonably, even expected, for an AI to not allow laws to be changed during a rev round; rev is basically a harmfest to the AI and its within every bound to expect the law you're uploading will cause it to harm humans, thereby forbidding it via law 1 to let you upload.
EnterDOT wrote:turrets enabled, making HARM TO ME.
Stun turrets are not harmful.
EnterDOT wrote:Since the AI has proved itself to be rogue, we go to the teleporter and its satellite to bomb it, which we successfully do.
Basically what this means is that you bombed an asimov AI for following it's laws
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Re: [ScaredofShadows]Jobban from the heads for bombing an AI

Post by Hornygranny » #11093

Per the rules, if the AI suspects you are going to upload something harmful, it's not going to play ball.
For the upload, if the person has access to the upload and you have no reason to suspect they're going to upload something harmful, you should let them in. That's not to say you can't have them have someone else in there to make sure they don't suddenly purge or antimov you, though, but your request can't be something impossible to do.