[niknakflak] Mr.Pretentious -Permanent

Appeals which have been closed.
Mr.Pretentious

[niknakflak] Mr.Pretentious -Permanent

Post by Mr.Pretentious » #191262

My last one was resolved without a denial or acceptance so i figure it was a mistake. i'll jsut re-post my OP and link to the old thread here. https://www.tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewt ... =34&t=7123

Byond account and character name: Mr. Pretentious. I usually random my character names but in that round I was Jean Valjean.
Banning admin: niknakflak
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server ban
Ban reason and length: permanent. Ban Baiting. Breaking into brig/blowing up beepsky as hulk and then admin helping when he gets lasered. DLL usage (Randomized CIDs) and proxy use.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 5:35 pm central time
Your side of the story: So I don't think what I did qualified as ban baiting. Yes I broke into the brig and blew up beepsky as hulk but I didn't hurt anyone, and that's why I ahelped when i got lasered because i thought it was excessive. I didnt push it after the admins told me not to break into places and basically just accepted it. i quit and hopped on the other /tg/ server. As for the DLL thing, I'm not sure what that is referring to. I do use a virtual machine because I have a mac, and I'm told these give you different CIDs. As for the VPN, yes I do use a VPN but I'll explain why below. I guess the admin is trying to imply I am ban evading.
Why you think you should be unbanned: As I stated above I have had this account for awhile, almost six years, so I think that claim is a little outrageous. The differnt CIDs can be explained with my vritual machine. Currently you can't really play BYOND on amc so yes I do use a virtual machine so i can play this game. As for the VPN, I like my privacy and don't want anyone getting my IP including /tg/. I understand why you may be against vpn's but given that my account is six years old i believe you should make an exception for me because i don't think anyone would wait six years just to ban evade. Finally, I don't believe I did anything wrong by admin helping. Was it petty? Sure, maybe i was a little salty about getting killed, but I don't think it warrants a permaban.
BTW here is my BYOND folder where any dll files would go. i am uploading this in the interest of transparency. http://i.imgur.com/wsdMjvY.png?1
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: [niknakflak] Mr.Pretentious -Permanent

Post by onleavedontatme » #191263

From what's been said so far I think you should be unbanned, but I'll have to find out why your last thread was locked and what our host said about all this.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #191290

Mr.Pretentious wrote: BTW here is my BYOND folder where any dll files would go. i am uploading this in the interest of transparency. http://i.imgur.com/wsdMjvY.png?1
wsock32.dll in there is the cid randomizer dll. It overrides windows network functions for all programs in that folder, and basically acts like relay, only when byond goes to send the cid hash out, it forges a random one.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #191300

I looked at his other thread, as far as his smashing into shit it was kinda shitty for him to ahelp after he got dunked. But, as far as calling that griefing.... that's what half our player base does every single round. If smashing into the brig FNR becomes bannable then we'll have to ban 1/3 of our players. Granted I think this ban is probably more over you ahelping after getting your ass kicked. If you mess with someone's stuff and they kick your ass you got what you deserved.
Mr.Pretentious

Post by Mr.Pretentious » #191537

yeah someone mentioned that in the other thread stoned one, i removed it, was just reposting the original OP.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #191668

I told mso to look into the vpn and then some other mod, resolved the thread prematurely
Mr.Pretentious

Post by Mr.Pretentious » #191696

the vpn is private tunnel
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #192300

MSO never got back to me on the vpn thing and likely nobody else cares. As long as your CID is stagnant and tracks, that's more important anyway, so unbanned.
Mr.Pretentious

Post by Mr.Pretentious » #192349

i still use a virutla machine though. my cid wont change every round since it only changes when i restart my VM, but it will still change from day to day because i dont keep my vm on all the time.