Appeals which have been closed.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

[Kor] ShadowDimentio - White Knighting

Post by ShadowDimentio » #230452

Byond account and character name: Irrelevant

Banning admin: Kor

Ban type (What are you banned from?): The forum

Ban reason and length: Posting a vaguely offensive video in Remie's general direction in an excessively stupid thread https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5386. The video in question, warning very triggering to the LGBTQ+WXYZ community

Time ban was placed (including time zone): A week ago.

Your side of the story: I was performing my role as King Shitposter and trying to derail a stupid thread with high-quality shitposts, and, after being prompted by Remie derailing the thread and whining about trannie stuff, how women can have penises, and in the process claiming perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever seen in my entire life saying that trannie strips them of their humanity, this was just too perfect a time to not shitpost. So I posted the above video, only to have it removed by Kor with the spicy not an argument memes. So, I shitpost regularly for a bit, and, seeing as the thread was apparently about trannies now, I posted it again only to get banned by Kor for, quote, not taking the hint.

Why you think you should be unbanned: This was 100% out of line for Kor. Nothing I did was above any normal banter levels that can be seen in literally any thread by anyone else about anything else, people can make fun of each other for anything and everything but what, Remie is a poor delicate flower who can't be subjected to the same treatment? Remie didn't even fucking care about what I was posting, why should Kor have any right to jump in screaming I'LL SAVE YOU FAIR MAIDEN? What's next, people start getting banned for lizard discrimination on the forums, or calling people faggots?

Here's a visual aide for those that need it.
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Re: [Kor] ShadowDimentio - White Knighting

Post by ShadowDimentio » #230453

Also Kor lied about this being a week ban. A week has passed and this is the only place I can post in, where during the week I couldn't even log in.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #230454

It wasn't a lie, you were put on FNR only posting when you loudly proclaimed on singulo that you'd learned nothing.

>I was doing my job as king shitposter trying to upset people and people got upset HELP THE SJWS ARE AFTER ME

And you still haven't.

>people can make fun of each other for anything

Not true at all, there is a lot of leeway for "banter" but antagonizing people over their personal lives and mental health has resulted in bans in the past, and it will keep resulting in bans in the future.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #230455

I'm not sure who is actually in charge of forum bans but I'll leave it to the headmins.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #230456

It's a little bit late to try and play the virtue card, Kor. Just a little.

Actually scratch that, you've been playing it the whole time and that's fucked up. Are we just not allowed to upset each other any more? We safe space boys.

And again: Calling people degenerates and faggots - OKAY

Posting a video implying that trans people aren't real- NOT OKAY BANNED ON PRINCIPLE VERY OFFENDED

Get a sense of humor Kor.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #230457

>making fun of an anime 2d cartoon creature - okay
>antagonizing someone over their mental health after they've asked you politely to stop - not okay

It's not difficult

EDIT: Oh you changed your post away from "catgirls." Whatever.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #230458

Also what the fuck is this? Either I repent immediately and beg forgiveness from my holy overlord Kor for him not executing me on the spot, or I get punished even harder? Good admin work, buddy.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #230459

I told you, it's not up to me, the headmins can decide on this.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #230460

Kor wrote:>antagonizing someone over their mental health after they've asked you politely to stop - not okay
What are you talking about. If I even did this at all, which is highly debatable and extremely personally biased, I did it in the lightest fucking sense possible.

And again, Remie didn't even really seem to care about what I said, as my reputation as a shitposter that nobody really listens to or cares about far precedes me. YOU'RE the one offended Kor, not Remie.

Also good job shrugging off your place as the one who started this, Kor.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #230461

Great, so if it's all my personal bias*, the headmins should decide in your favour.

But you've been put in the hut by other admins, you have your threads saged on singulo by oranges, and you've been kicked out of the discord by yet more unrelated people. Either the whole community is biased against you, or you're acting unpleasant.
Also good job shrugging off your place as the one who started this, Kor.
I'm biased and you want me to be the one to approve or deny this? Doesn't seem like a good strategy. I'd wait for headmins.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #230462

Yes all of these things are connected. Me calling Netrunner lame and getting kicked from the Discord, me dragging this stupid matter into Singulo where it doesn't belong because I was currently banned by you over it and Oranges calling it dumb, and HG a notorious power abuser throwing me in the shed ha ha it's j-just a joke guys.

All my fault.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #230468

The common theme here is that whether you realize it or not is that you act shitty and mean to people and they eventually drive you away
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #230469

I know I'm a dick, that's why I shitpost all the time because when I don't, and often even when I do, I'm a dick, but at least then people can have a good laugh.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #230474

ShadowDimentio wrote:I know I'm a dick, that's why I shitpost all the time because when I don't, and often even when I do, I'm a dick.
Why should we tolerate someone who openly and frequently says they only use the forums to upset people?

There is a reason I argued for the unban of someone playing as Mike "Deus Volt" Pence the other day and not for you. There's a reason the /pol/ threads are basically unmoderated with all sorts of opinions. There is a line between off colour jokes, or "politically incorrect" beliefs and deliberately going out of your way to be a dick to other people.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #230477

Now you're mischaracterizing me. I've never said I'm a dick on purpose, I'm a dick because I'm just a dick sometimes, not out of some secret love for upsetting people. Everything I do is in good fun, I thought that was pretty clear.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #230478

Shadow got removed from the discord for being a total pain in the ass when it came to arguing about politics, race, gender, whatever. I'd received a lot of complaints from a couple people that he was just a selfish little brat nobody was having fun talking to or being around.

I was thinking about how best to handle the situation when the Netrunner shitpost came up and presented itself as a fun way to both kick him out and make a spectacle out of him in front of everyone on the way.

I had hoped that having Shadow in the discord around a bunch of others more wordly, more mature, and more tolerant might've evened out his personality a bit. He's obviously underaged and doesn't get out a whole lot, he needs exposure and more friends.

Unfortunately it seems like that tendency hasn't changed too much, but for what it's worth he has at least gotten better at delivering sick burns and culturing some sense of humor.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #230482

Remember when Shadowdimentio pretended he didn't have to follow asimov or silicon policy, then ran for headmin so he could finally unban himself? Good times.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #230483

Saegrimr wrote:Remember when Shadowdimentio pretended he didn't have to follow asimov or silicon policy, then ran for headmin so he could finally unban himself? Good times.
And yeah, you turn pretty much every policy discussion and coding feedback thread that you post in into a dumpster fire as well.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #230485

Kor wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:Remember when Shadowdimentio pretended he didn't have to follow asimov or silicon policy, then ran for headmin so he could finally unban himself? Good times.
And yeah, you turn pretty much every policy discussion and coding feedback thread that you post in into a dumpster fire as well.
Gotta stay warm for the winter since this is the first time i've actually seen any punishment on these forums in a year.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #230487

Yeah make sure you don't mention that you completely assumed what I was as a player and didn't verify a thing, Saeg.

Also that wasn't why I ran for headmin, I ran to ban HG.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #230490

>claim a title of king shitposter and act like a dick
>hey why am I banned why am I not wanted around

Gee I wonder.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #230491

Shitposting is a noble art I won't take this vile slander
Krusvik
Byond Username: Krusvik

Post by Krusvik » #230493

I was performing my role as King Shitposter and trying to derail a stupid thread with high-quality shitposts
Are we just not allowed to upset each other any more? We safe space boys.
I know I'm a dick, that's why I shitpost all the time because when I don't, and often even when I do, I'm a dick, but at least then people can have a good laugh.
Now you're mischaracterizing me. I've never said I'm a dick on purpose, I'm a dick because I'm just a dick sometimes, not out of some secret love for upsetting people. Everything I do is in good fun, I thought that was pretty clear.
I'm not sure what's worse, a militant social justice warrior or a militant shitposting internet troll. You both fly off the handle and express oppression at the same time while totally lacking any empathy or the slightest shred of humility. You say you know you're a dick but then rebuttal yourself with "I'm not a dick on purpose", then who's fault is it? Are you trying to not claim responsibly for your own shitposting after heralding you're the king of it? You say you have no love for upsetting people but there's a distinct lack of any sympathy or apologetic nature and instead it's all about how your pride has been wounded, and how you refuse to beg for forgiveness as if anyone would care for something so melodramatic.

You're giving me zero inclination to lift this ban.
The common theme here is that whether you realize it or not is that you act shitty and mean to people and they eventually drive you away
Why should we tolerate someone who openly and frequently says they only use the forums to upset people?
Yet here I have two very good reasons why I should let this ban sit.

Do you have anything else to add or are you just going to turn this into an even bigger joke?
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #230497

Since this was gonna end up on my desk one way or another i've been mulling over this.

For starters, I do think the original ban might have been a bit excessive, I understand where kor was coming from but kor's position reduces down to an assumption of rather or not shadow was mentioning trannie to make of remie herself, or to make fun the argument remie was making about certain words dehumanizing transexual people. One is harassment of a user, another is just banter.

That being said i'm going to keep this forum ban in place.

Shadow's apparent confusion at people not liking them being a dick seems to stem from us. They show the same confusion somebody who's been unknowingly breaking a rule gets when told about it, as if they thought it was just allowed. That's our fault. We've let them grow into this role of being the town asshole, to the point that they take any continued lack of action against them for being an asshole as implicant approval.

So with that in mind, I think a break from the forums might be in order.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #230500

I already got a week ban MSO my dude, is that not enough?
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #230502

No, as you have unknowingly made clear in this thread, it really wasn't.
NSFW:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #230503

How long, then.
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #230510

appeal this in 2 or 3 months and we can revisit this
NSFW:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #230514

Jesus fucking christ. Three months ban for shitposting.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #230515

ShadowDimentio wrote:Jesus fucking christ. Three months ban for shitposting.
Still lighter than punnches got.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #230516

I have no idea who that is.
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #230523

How do you not know who punnches was? He was a super shitposters 3.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #230525

I've heard he was a legend but I haven't seen any of his work.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #230601

you know you're over the line when literally nobody will defend you
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #230608

Thank god we don't measure guilt by the amount of metafriends you have then, otherwise I would be fucked.
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #230617

Typically I would be all for ShadowDimentio being banned from things but that thread should have been in the shed at post three. Banning him for a south park video (Jesus Christ pull you head out of your ass) is really digging for shit.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #230619

Supermichael777 wrote:Typically I would be all for ShadowDimentio being banned from things but that thread should have been in the shed at post three. Banning him for a south park video (Jesus Christ pull you head out of your ass) is really digging for shit.
You're having a bit of trouble reading if you think he got banned just for posting a video. Other people posted the same video and were not banned.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #230623

Ah yes of course, it's only wrong when I do it. And forgive him for being misled, it's not like the ban reason listed was posting a vaguely offensive video in Remie's general direction.
Pascal125
Byond Username: Pascal123

Post by Pascal125 » #230627

Kor wrote:You're having a bit of trouble reading if you think he got banned just for posting a video. Other people posted the same video and were not banned.
That sounds kind of biased... You know.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #230628

Well he couldn't just post the ban reason "I don't like you", that'd be ridiculous.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #230629

Even i shitpost harder than he is and i only bit a FNR ban. (which was applied by mso and appealed and subsequently removed because it was shitposting and mso knew i was just joking)

Being genuinely dead serious now, this is getting to be something illogical.

This is going to be one of those rare moments where i'm dead fucking serious, this is not a oxford meme.

Kor, and partly MSO. What was seen in that thread is a culture that is shared on this server, it's not normal shit, we don't talk about the weather and what kanye west is doing. We may be normal people in our day to day lives but expecting us to do that here after years upon years upon years of /pol/ and /b/ level personalities being allowed to thrive here is absolutely astounding to even begin to believe.

Both of you setting a precedent for trying to do this is pitiful, its very clear kor has a conflicting political or social opinion in regards to shadow, yet i have a feeling based on the way MSO acts on the server that he has a opinion similiar to shadow's but isn't going to show it to maintain a facade of extreme professionalism and maturity as the server host, which is to be expected.

A vocal minority of people saying shadow is shit when arguably everyone on this server is shit in the eyes of normal social standards, and then having someone like yourself kor, who's been here for a while, and then acting out on this as if its some big surprise that someone following the culture of tg (generally acting like the average /b/ + /pol/) poster and banning them from the fourms is ridiculious, and you know its ridiculious, but being straight forward with you, the only reason you are doing this and not listening to me (the vocal minority of the majority) is because you don't agree with shadow, but of course your not going to admit that because it will only make you look like a fool.

If you can't realize the internet is the last bastion of absolute free speech regardless of social status, race, gender, or any other politically correct descriptive term, then neither one of you have a place on it and shouldn't be here. This isn't going to set a precedent, i refuse to let the server i have played on for the past two years of my life, where i've met such good people and drained so many hours of my time, become nothing more than a digg-SJW level cavern of people who aren't allowed to disagree with each other. Cease and desist or history is going to get marked within the week. Don't test me, i am oxford.
Last edited by John_Oxford on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #230630

>Please don't do X it offends me
>lol he's a video about X
>also you're an X
>also on account of X you're psychotic and I don't have respect for your "humanity" or "rights" and it's your fault if you're offended
>hehe I sure am a good shitposter, I sure do love making people angry
>wtf why'd I get banned for posting a south park clip it was just a prank dumb metafrienders

You're going to have to learn to understand what's wrong in that sequence or you're going to have trouble interacting in life, never mind convincing MSO to unban you.
John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #230631

Kor wrote:>Please don't do X it offends me
>lol he's a video about X
>also you're an X
>also on account of X you're psychotic and I don't have respect for your "humanity" or "rights" and it's your fault if you're offended
>hehe I sure am a good shitposter, I sure do love making people angry
>wtf why'd I get banned for posting a south park clip it was just a prank dumb metafrienders

You're going to have to learn to understand what's wrong in that sequence or you're going to have trouble interacting in life, never mind convincing MSO to unban you.
Kor your out of your mind if you think how people act on this server is how people act in real life.

That speaks leagues about yourself more than it does shadow. How you didn't realize that before you posted that is beyond me, i thought you were smarter.

EDIT:

On a different note, ten people out of the 5000+ we have globally saying they don't like shadow and then assuming that's a majority of those 5000 people and then using it as a reason to ban shadow is illogical and both of you know its illogical, your adults, if you want to talk like a adult, you must first act like a adult.

Personally i like shadow.
Last edited by John_Oxford on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #230633

ShadowDimentio wrote:Well he couldn't just post the ban reason "I don't like you", that'd be ridiculous.
Ironically, had that (Rule 0) been the ban reason, there'd probably be even less fuss over this.
Pascal125
Byond Username: Pascal123

Post by Pascal125 » #230634

The moment they posted in that thread, they unwittingly signed up for whatever ribbing was occuring. And you said it yourself. Others posted that same video. So i as a player don't see how it's fair to only ban ShadowDimentio for it...? Even if they have a shitty past.
John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #230635

Kor wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:Well he couldn't just post the ban reason "I don't like you", that'd be ridiculous.
Ironically, had that (Rule 0) been the ban reason, there'd probably be even less fuss over this.
Are you going to keep ignoring my posts and just quote shadow because he's easier to attack?

Come on now Kor, don't make me pick you apart like this and then have you say nothing in return.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #230636

>Women can have dicks
South Park video mocking the idea
>Guys don't say trannie it's very problematic and strips people of their humanity
Trannie.
Also I don't believe in what you're asserting however I have nothing against you personally.
I am very smart. :^)
>BANNED FOR PICKING A FIGHT WITH REMIE
I didn't though
>YOU'RE A MEANIE
Ok
John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #230638

Pascal125 wrote:The moment they posted in that thread, they unwittingly signed up for whatever ribbing was occuring. And you said it yourself. Others posted that same video. So i as a player don't see how it's fair to only ban ShadowDimentio for it...? Even if they have a shitty past.
This is also a valid point, i stated it before and i'll state it again.
Remie going into a thread that she disagreed with, posting something that she knew the people in that thread she disagreed with, would disagree with, and then acting surprised when said people disagreed with her and then making them bite a ban for it because kor fucked her 2d spessman once is illogical and you people kindly need to see that.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #230639

I love the whole privately run websites are all America angle, it's hilarious,
John_Oxford wrote:Cease and desist or history is going to get marked within the week. Don't test me, i am oxford.
but what did he mean by this?
John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #230640

Pin this thread if you have to, if i have to miss work tomorrow to prove a point that all of you need to realize this then i will. I've spent to much time here to let this just become a common thing. Shadow is going to be a martyr, not a example. Take that into consideration.