[Tehstevo] scrubs2009 Wrong ban type

Appeals which have been closed.
scrubs2009
Byond Username: Scrubs2009

[Tehstevo] scrubs2009 Wrong ban type

Post by scrubs2009 » #247070

Byond account and character name: Scrubs2009 Drone-xx

Banning admin:Tehsteveo

Ban type (What are you banned from?):Everything but I was told I would be getting a drone ban

Ban reason and length:I was violating drone rules.

Time ban was placed (including time zone):4:50pm Central

Your side of the story: I was a drone on a server where people were trying to constantly kill me, even while I was fixing hull breaches (I know they can). I talked to a PAI who started relaying information to the crew without me asking them to. I stole Ian (That one's on me). I "Broke into the HOP office" I waked in through the door I have access to so I could grab my bag off the table that the HOP took after he lasered me to death in the hallway.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I was told I might get a drone ban. Not a full permanent ban. The only thing I did against the rules was take Ian. The HOP with the jojo name pulls this shit every round by killing every drone he can find and then complaining when they try to grab their stuff back off their corpses.
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Re: [Tehstevo] scrubs2009 Wrong ban type

Post by TehSteveo » #247076

Somehow I must have hit the wrong ban type while handling multiple things. Even though I'm pretty sure I was using the jobban panel so I'm not sure if some edge case happened when you suicided to play drone or what.

I apologize and have lifted that wrong ban but will be applying the correct drone ban in the place.
Freedom
scrubs2009

Post by scrubs2009 » #247085

TehPear wrote:Somehow I must have hit the wrong ban type while handling multiple things. Even though I'm pretty sure I was using the jobban panel so I'm not sure if some edge case happened when you suicided to play drone or what.

I apologize and have lifted that wrong ban but will be applying the correct drone ban in the place.

Is this a permanent drone ban? Like I said the HOP with the JoJo name pulls this every shift. I'm just asking for a chance to stay away from the crew and work on tiling maint or something. Drone is relaxing.
TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #247097

scrubs2009 wrote:
TehPear wrote:Somehow I must have hit the wrong ban type while handling multiple things. Even though I'm pretty sure I was using the jobban panel so I'm not sure if some edge case happened when you suicided to play drone or what.

Is this a permanent drone ban? Like I said the HOP with the JoJo name pulls this every shift. I'm just asking for a chance to stay away from the crew and work on tiling maint or something. Drone is relaxing.
It is. Frankly, as of now I don't believe you can handle drone due to previous note from another admin and what I witnessed. It did not help when you took station engineer, fed a drone machine and then suicide to play as drone.
Freedom
scrubs2009

Post by scrubs2009 » #247103

TehPear wrote:
scrubs2009 wrote:

It is. Frankly, as of now I don't believe you can handle drone due to previous note from another admin and what I witnessed. It did not help when you took station engineer, fed a drone machine and then suicide to play as drone.

I only did that because I wanted to show I COULD handle drone. Prior to the ban I even messaged you saying I was going to do good that shift. Plus it's not like you can join as a drone or even ghost into one without hoping someone thinks of feeding the machine.
TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #247111

scrubs2009 wrote:
TehPear wrote:
scrubs2009 wrote:

I only did that because I wanted to show I COULD handle drone. Prior to the ban I even messaged you saying I was going to do good that shift. Plus it's not like you can join as a drone or even ghost into one without hoping someone thinks of feeding the machine.
That's the nature of ghost roles. I really don't like limited slots being taken in such a fashion to play something like drone. Yet, I suppose I may be little harsh with that one in an older mindset.

I will tell you this; if nothing pops up where I see anything bad on your end I'll consider lifting this in a week and give you another chance at drone.
Freedom
scrubs2009

Post by scrubs2009 » #247117

TehPear wrote:
scrubs2009 wrote:
TehPear wrote:
scrubs2009 wrote:

That's the nature of ghost roles. I really don't like limited slots being taken in such a fashion to play something like drone. Yet, I suppose I may be little harsh with that one in an older mindset.

I will tell you this; if nothing pops up where I see anything bad on your end I'll consider lifting this in a week and give you another chance at drone.
Thanks.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #247205

This is resolved I believe.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current