[SweaterKittens] Ghost roles ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Cayce
Byond Username: Cayce

[SweaterKittens] Ghost roles ban

Post by Cayce » #253029

Byond account and character name: Cayce / Winsome Lousome / I don't remember

Banning admin: SweaterKittens

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Ghost roles: Banned from pAI, posibrain, drone, deathsquad, lavaland

Ban reason and length:
One month.

As a lavaland ghost role, spawned and came to the station to space the body of his previous attacker. Realized that it was against the rules and was very apologetic in ahelps. Since no one died and the body wasn't succesfully spaced, I've decided to leave this as just a ghost role ban for the time being. Feel free to appeal in a few weeks, be prepared to explain why metagaming and metagrudging are poor things to do.

Time ban was placed (including time zone):

2017-01-23 10:27:12 (server time zone, I'm in Mountain)

Your side of the story:

The details of the first half of this situation are a little cloudy, I've forgotten the specific issue I had, but I believe it was with a detective. I was killed in the round in (what I considered at the time) a shitty and validhunty sort-of-way, but I don't remember the exact situation. Regardless, I adminhelped and nobody was online. I respawned as an Ash Walker, and made my way to the station, broke in, and wandered around looking for my original killer. In the meanwhile, SweaterKittens had logged on and responded to my ahelp and was looking into it. I saw my killer in Robotics on the table, so I ran in, grabbed him, and made a run for it, but I took a few hits from third party crewmembers, and ended up being cornered in escape, so I ran into space with the Detective. He drifted about four tiles before stopping and a hardsuited engineer dragged him into the station, while I died in space.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

I admit to being wrong in the situation. I was mad, I felt like my round had been stolen from me for no reason, and took it into my own hands instead of letting SweaterKittens handle it through the proper channels.

At the time, I knew what I was doing was wrong, but anger makes me dumb and I thought I could get away with it. I'm happy I didn't, as the behavior gone uncorrected could have spread into my playstyle as a whole.

SweaterKittens wrote "Feel free to appeal in a few weeks, be prepared to explain why metagaming and metagrudging are poor things to do."

Metagaming and metagrudging can ruin the game for other players and erode the potential of dead roles as a whole.

I'm sorry for being cunty.
Sweaterkittens
Byond Username: SweaterKittens

Re: [SweaterKittens] Ghost roles ban

Post by Sweaterkittens » #253140

Hey Cayce, thanks for appealing. Having good round ruined can get to the best of us. In any case, I really appreciate you being forthcoming and honest when I spoke to you, and while it doesn't make the act okay, it certainly makes it easier to just have a conversation about what happened. I have a lot of faith that you'll be more responsible with ghost roles in the future, so I've gone ahead and unbanned you.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
Cayce
Byond Username: Cayce

Re: [SweaterKittens] Ghost roles ban

Post by Cayce » #253182

Thanks SK!