[Brotemis]: Permanent Job-Ban from Assistant

Appeals which have been closed.
Timrod

[Brotemis]: Permanent Job-Ban from Assistant

Post by Timrod » #20053

It's been almost a month since the ban was applied, and it was never reviewed by a head admin.

Given reason was "Being consistently shit as an assistant".

I'd like to appeal this by saying that since the ban, I've "gotten better". I've been playing a lot of RD, and you can ask anyone who plays Science regularly - Derek Westbrook, Millian MacTavish - how I do in that role. I don't have the screenshot anymore due to moving out of my old residence and not being able to access my old PC, but I had a screenshot of Derek saying something like "Science isn't fun unless Joe is playing RD." I'm sure he'd be willing to corroborate that statement, if he reads this or is asked by an admin.

I've also played a lot of atmos, and understand how atmos works now. I've also become one of the leading authorities on the production of canister bombs and other weird atmos tricks (space-cold N2O, anyone?)

I would also like to point out that I know how it is to be attacked by greytiders - a few days ago, I actually lost an antag round less than 10 minutes in (rockdben was the one who answered the ahelp afterward) where a greytider broke into atmos and killed me with stolen security gear.

I'm appealing this again now for two reasons: the first is that the ban was never reviewed by a head admin, only by Brotemis himself (and if I've learned one thing, it's that talking to Brotemis about anything is like talking to a brick wall) and the second is that due to this job-ban, I am effectively banned from high-population rounds where I do not get the job I selected. I don't think a job-ban should extend to being forced to sit out rounds - that's effectively the same thing as a permanent full-game ban for any round with a population over whatever the starting number of non-assistant jobs is. If Brotemis and the other admins feel that I'm so shit that I shouldn't be allowed to play at all, then I think the proper thing to do would be to extend this to a permaban of my entire account, because that's effectively what this is, especially come summertime with the larger server population.
Brotemis
Byond Username: Brotemis

Re: [Brotemis]: Permanent Job-Ban from Assistant

Post by Brotemis » #20107

You were doing good until
the first is that the ban was never reviewed by a head admin, only by Brotemis himself (and if I've learned one thing, it's that talking to Brotemis about anything is like talking to a brick wall)
Please don't try to use this as an argument because I'll just shut it down. That being said, I'll talk it over with adminbus
Brotemis
Byond Username: Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #20221

Hell it's been what, 4 weeks or something? I think that's long enough and that unintended side effect of the jobban is hilarious and pretty cruel.

Point any admin to this thread so it can be lifted.

Stay out of trouble.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #20251

I lifted the ban.
Rockdtben
Site Admin
Byond Username: Rockdtben
Github Username: Rockdtben

Post by Rockdtben » #20322

Timrod wrote:I'm appealing this again now for two reasons: the first is that the ban was never reviewed by a head admin, only by Brotemis himself (and if I've learned one thing, it's that talking to Brotemis about anything is like talking to a brick wall)
Don't ever do this again in a ban appeal. This is not the place to question the validity of an admin NOR is it the place to spread your opinions of said admin. Cease and desist.
Custom Software Solutions, Mentorship, and game development ----> Main Site
Game Master: 03/24/2022 - Now || Domain Holder: 04/15/2014 - 03/24/2022 || Code Project Lead: 02/01/2014 - 10/07/2014 || G-Admin: 12/29/2013 - 04/04/2015 || T-Admin: 3/29/2013 - 12/29/2013 || Codermin: ? - 3/29/2013 || Started Playing: 6/13/2006 || "Took no shit from shitters" - MrStonedOne