Job Ban Request: Aden Mcclymonds

Post by mikecari » #59851

Your byond account: Glorycat
Your character name: Jeremy Enron
Their character name: Aden Mcclymonds
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): unknown
Server and time: 11:46 PM EST 1/16/15
Logs and/or screenshots: Image
Description of what happened: Recalled the shuttle 4 times when the AI was subverted and was murdering the crew. Numerous witnesses can back this up. Arrested me for trying to call the shuttle again.
Why they should be banned: Notorious shitler captain who should be jobbanned from both security roles and all command positions until he learns to not be a fucking cunt and to have some actual responsibility.
Last edited by mikecari on Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Re: Job Ban Request: Aden Mcclymonds

Post by mrpain » #59852

I was a doctor that round. I will post my observations when the round is over.
/vg/station Head Admin
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #59853

Round isnt over yet
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #59854

This round is still ongoing, please re post when the round is over

EDIT: I'll move it back once the round is done
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #59855

And now you can talk about it.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #59856

Aaaaaaaaaaand round over.

I'll look into this here in a few.

E: His key is Cobraman.
Last edited by Vekter on Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
mrpain

Post by mrpain » #59858

I was Ben Griffin, a doctor.

Aden, as captain, dragged the brain dead HoS into medbay and asked me if I could "fix him". After I told him this wasnt possible and he would have to "wake up on his own", he left with the HoS and took him to Honkmother knows where.

Later the AI started syphoning medbay, and borgs started hurting people. I PDA'd the HoP to inform him of the situation, and expressed that I didnt think the captain was experience or qualified enough to know what to do, and that he would need to do something about the AI. Five minutes later the shuttle is called. And after that the shuttle is recalled. This shuttle ping pong is played again throughout the round and between Aden's recalling, the situation gets worse and worse. The singularity did eventually get free, but I am not sure the captain or the rest of the crew were aware of that, as it did eventually go south and didnt really do anything to the station. I know plasma and fires were started in large parts of the station.

While I dont think Aden was intentionally acting against the interests of the station, I do feel that he is too inexperienced for command or security roles. He should be given a brief jobban from them so that he can learn the game in greater detail. According to his own word, he is eligible for AI and Cyborg tomorrow, and I think that should be called into review.
/vg/station Head Admin
Cobraman202
Byond Username: Cobraman

Post by Cobraman202 » #59859

My defense: 1 I did not know about the AI being rouge. 2 the reason i arrested you was because you shot me with your lazered multiple time, you re-named your job captain, you broke into my office. 3 after I found out the AI was rouge, I made every attempt to destroy it, I even died in the AI satellite of hypothermia trying to kill it. 4 Most of the AI boards had been stolen by an assistant so I could not rest the AI. 5 I actually did NOT recall the shuttle after I got into my officer, when it was re-called twice I was in there.
Any more explanations should be requested by the moderators.
Last edited by Cobraman202 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Player of Aden Mcclymonds, Liliana Murphy, and Darrel Williams.
mrpain

Post by mrpain » #59860

Cobraman202 wrote:My defense: 1 I did not know about the AI being rouge, and I was attempting to fix it.
What were you doing to attempt to "fix it"? If you didnt know it was rogue, why were you attempting to fix it in the first place?
/vg/station Head Admin
Cobraman202
Byond Username: Cobraman

Post by Cobraman202 » #59862

mrpain wrote:
Cobraman202 wrote:My defense: 1 I did not know about the AI being rouge, and I was attempting to fix it.
What were you doing to attempt to "fix it"? If you didnt know it was rogue, why were you attempting to fix it in the first place?
Sorry, that was a line from a previous version of that paragraph i didn't backspace all the way. I fixed the edit
Player of Aden Mcclymonds, Liliana Murphy, and Darrel Williams.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #59884

Alright, I checked the logs, and Cobra's story actually checks out. He only recalled the shuttle once, by mistake. The other recalls were from assorted other players for whatever reason (likely due to antag status, can't be sure).

http://pastebin.com/zFWZkcNN Here are the logs (trimmed down with logcleaner to include only his name and the word "recalled") for you guys to peruse.

I'm going to call this an honest mistake and say it was handled IC.

EDIT: Removed any identifying information. Sorry about that.
Last edited by Vekter on Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Nerolat
Byond Username: Nerolat

Post by Nerolat » #59887

Vekter, you should really, really remove IPs next time. It is a bad idea to keep them in. That goes the same with computer IDs. I can see both of them for 12 times in the log.
mrpain

Post by mrpain » #59889

redacated
Last edited by mrpain on Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
/vg/station Head Admin
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #59890

Done. Mea culpa.
Spoiler:

Nerolat
Byond Username: Nerolat

Post by Nerolat » #59891

mrpain wrote:redacted
It is not such a big mistake for a fairly new trialmin, I would say. Everyone has their time of logcleaning fuck-up. Anyway, let's not derail this thread.
mikecari
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Mikecari

Post by mikecari » #59970

The problem I have with cobraman is his shitty attitude and lack of responsibility when it comes to being the captain. As you saw in his adminhelps the guy is completely ignorant of any criticism and throws a tantrum when the crew kicks his ass for it. Honestly it's sickening to see a round get ruined by such a blatant lack of foresight. I know for a fact that this idiot would still have kept recalling the shuttle if he had been given the chance.
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #59976

Aden plays captain and other command roles often, and quite frankly he's not very good at them.

He once had me dunked and spaced when he was the captain because I disarmed him in a hallway.

Last night I was a naked lizard in the HoP line, HoP calling for security and Aden comes over as CMO and sleep toxins me with his syringe gun.

He's gone braindead as command roles in quite a few rounds that I've seen, not sure if he's ahelp'd beforehand or not, but I definitely remember a few occasions where there was talk over the radio about replacing the braindead captain.
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #59991

What Jeb said. My experience with him is that he almost never responds on the radio (despite being in command, Captain especially), wanders the halls in his full-spacesuit from minute 0 if Captain, doesn't respond to PDA messages, and, by far, overreacts to situations when they don't go his way. Poor Captain, and a poor head. I don't know much in the way of personal-interaction with him, since he has no presence whatsoever. In fact, a couple times when I've tried to contact the Captain around 5-10 minutes after roundstart, usually along with the HoS (application to be the Captain's bodyguard, sec access, etc.) I've gotten no response for a good ~10-~20 minutes, if at all.
Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #60049

We're not going to apply a ban, but we will be watching this guy far closer from now on.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin