smellslikepork

[Ban Request] Rube

Post by smellslikepork » #5627

Your byond account: SmellsLikePork
Your character name: Jacaline Strange
Their character name: Rube
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): No clue
Server and time: Sybil ~2:00 Am
Logs and/or screenshots: (I have the Htm. (logs) but it wont let me add it, Tell me how to put them up if the pastebin annoys you) http://pastebin.com/QcwVXBNF
Description of what happened: Basically it's one of those three hour rounds that you get at two in the morning. You finish your job then you start doing stupid crap. In my case as the only person in Cargo i ordered me some stuff and popped it open with a emitter. The security borg finds out about it and i send most of it back except my vest and two eguns (witch were stashed in my locker when this incident went down). I end up wandering into engineering and the detective and Hos come and stun me and laser me to death.
Why they should be banned: This guy really is ridiculous. He played the round like he was the captain or some shit. He disregarded the entire procedure and called me a changling based on the cargo raid and that i was in the CE's office ( which had a giant fucking hole in it ).
Trognar

Re: [Ban Request] Rube

Post by Trognar » #5640

I was a security officer during the round in question and while I didn't see what happened during the shootout in the CE's office I can say this for certain, several people came forth voicing their concerns about you acting strange, stealing an emitter, having weapons crates for absolutely no reason in cargo, and generally fucking about outside of cargo.

I assume the detective was checking out engineering because the engineers continuously asked us to check out what the hell you were doing, and constantly yelling for help, when you and him got into it. All I heard was him yell "ENGINE" over the radio which led to most of security to run down to engineering. I arrived a little late to the party as I said earlier just in time to see Rube announce you were a ling, people were talking about how you seemed to shrug off stuns almost instantly and kept getting up, I dunno I didn't see any of that personally but the icing on the cake for me was when we dragged you to the incinerator and you began gasping AFTER your death was announced to the HoS, detective, and I who were standing around you.

Personally I am going to chalk you gasping after death up to a bug, as was discussed after round in OOC chat, were Rube actually apologized several times for killing you. All in all you were acting shady as shit and ended up getting killed for it, in a round with confirmed lings running about things like this happens and it absolutely sucks when it happens to you but at the very least the guy seemed genuinely regretful for what happened.
BigPapaK8

Post by BigPapaK8 » #5654

Rube, the HoS here.

First of all, let me preface this by saying that I apologized for the situation after the round in OOC, and I extend that apology to this thread as well. Unfortunately I do not have logs regarding my side of the story, but I'm sure a few witnesses can testify as to my actions and words, as it was a fairly public situation. I've played security and command roles for over two years now, and unfortunately, us heads are not always right. We fuck up and we certainly can't please everyone to come through the brig doors. What we can do, however, is use some measure of common sense and try our hardest to be damned polite and professional and at the same time, keep some kind of order. You're not exactly telling the whole side of the story, however.

You're not completely aware of the suspicions that were cast on you throughout the round and the constant communications that I was in with my security staff, the AI and its borgs, and the Captain - regarding your Gun-Cargo antics.

The first report I had was from the AI - you were ordering energy weapons and armor with no authorization from any heads or any real reason to. The AI was concerned and had sent the security borg to Cargo Bay to tell you to return the weapons. When I first arrived in Cargo, I asked you what exactly was up with the reports that you had LETHAL weapons (several boxes of them). I did not stun, nor cuff you. I simply asked the question, even though it was painfully obvious because you were wearing an ablative vest (Gee, I wonder how he's popping open crates when all I hear over the radio is that the heads have not issued you any access to said gear.) So there I stood, in the delivery room. It took you about two minutes to respond to me, and after stating to me that the borg had already forced you to return the crates, I told you to keep the ablative vest and asked you to allow me to search you before letting you return to your duties - without stunning you or cuffing you. You complied.

I then watched you loading said energy weapon crates and left. I had to head to the brig to handle a situation involving the Captain, a promoted "vice officer" and my officers. Said vice officer, Khloe Alice, informed me that she was cryostung, and I confirmed that. I asked her who the last person was that she came in contact with. She said it was you and that she suspected you were a ling. I then told my officers to maintain a close eye on you because at this point, reports were flying over the radio that Cargonians were rogue as fuck and armed. By then, I had also informed the captain and the other heads that we might have a potential ling on board. So then the detective calls me to engineering maintenance, where the R-wall into Engineering Storage had been deconstructed (reflected in your logs). The detective had found hazard vest fibers, which I knew people in Cargo were in possession of. An emitter was missing. I put two-and-two together and ordered the arrest and/or search of you and your techs for grand trespass and theft. When I arrived at cargo with another officer, you were not present. I made entry into the cargo bay and found an emitter in the warehouse, wired-in, wrenched, and welded. As was looking around the loading area, the RD (who was wearing a gas mask and magboots, turned out to be bomb-tater) e-magged into Cargo Bay from maint. So I began chasing her and left cargo with that other officer.

Final report I received on you was a yell for help from my detective, who said nothing more than "ENGINE". I come to the engineering lobby and I saw you in cuffs, laying on the floor in the Chief Engineer's office, and the detective - also laying down on the floor. You got up. I tased you. After the electrode hit you, I shook the detective up and you INSTANTLY shot the fuck up and tried to run away. I then fired about three laser shots into you after radioing it in. You died. I'm sure of it. The captain said to incinerate you and to keep it quiet in case there were other changelings aboard. Gannon Green, the detective, and I then attempted to take you to the crematorium, but could not get in quick enough and we noticed that you were gasping. I don't know if this is some fucking odd bug, or whether you had some sort of virus or super-drug in your body, but you gasped once and then died AGAIN. We then took you to the chef and asked to use the gibber. He gibbed you.

TL;DR - You were suspicious as fuck, Cargo was suspicious as fuck, you DID in fact order weapons and break into engineering twice, and I had reports that you were attacking people and cryo-stinging them. I had captain's authorization and everyone in command and security was onboard with your execution and subsequent gibbing.
Alzam
Byond Username: Alzam

Post by Alzam » #5690

Just to weigh in a bit (I was the one who accused you of cryostinging me) you were dragging a cuffed guy behind you at arrivals, stopped for a second (which was probably due to lag) and then suddenly I was getting cold as fuck and had to rush to a coffee vendor. I'm not usually cryostung, so since you weren't a ling I probably was stung by someone on the way there and then the effects happened to manifest at that time. But you had a cuffed guy behind you, were already in deep shit. I kind of put two and two together based on the facts of the round. Of course this ended up being a misunderstanding, but I feel Rube was working to the best of his ability and was a surprisingly level headed HoS the whole shift. Since I had a command headset I can confirm that he didn't try to gib you until the captain himself said to do it.

Also, we had 100% confirmation of at least one ling (during a huge ordeal in the perma wing, a ling in a flesh suit floated on by which we all saw) so with all the other shit going on it seemed way too dangerous to not go ahead with the gibbing, especially given the circumstances.
smellslikepork

Post by smellslikepork » #5702

I'm okay with this now. I was doing random stupid crap the aquire weapons because the round was so long, when I obviously shouldn't have been. The thing that really got to me is when he lasered me down in engineering. I was cuffed and surrounded and the detective was stunning everyone. Even security. So when I got up to run the away he shoots me in the back when I was completely defenseless, stripped of all my items and handcuffed.
Trognar

Post by Trognar » #5740

smellslikepork wrote:I'm okay with this now. I was doing random stupid crap the aquire weapons because the round was so long, when I obviously shouldn't have been. The thing that really got to me is when he lasered me down in engineering. I was cuffed and surrounded and the detective was stunning everyone. Even security. So when I got up to run the away he shoots me in the back when I was completely defenseless, stripped of all my items and handcuffed.
Actually you weren't handcuffed when he lasered you, I would know because it was me who put the handcuffs on you when they threw your body onto the table while you were in crit. Other than that this probably could have been dealt with if you stayed after the round and popped into OOC chat about when we discussed it, at least everyone was cool about it though.
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #5752

This is resolved, then.

Just another example that proper communication can solve most problems.
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.