Tedward1337 Community Discussion

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Tedward1337 Community Trial

Post by Timbrewolf » #58142

Bottom post of the previous page:

AdenAbrafo wrote:I am literally telling you what the incidents are. If you want to dig them up in the archives you can. They aren't even in the trash bin. Found one for you. Go get the rest if you want to.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2081
This was handled poorly, do not lie. I am not contesting the final result. I am complaining about how administration handled it.
How was it not handled appropriately?

Sticky was called out for doing a bad thing publicly and then lost a big portion of his admin abilities because he demonstrated he couldn't use them properly.

He was reported, judged, and punished.

What part of this was done wrong?

EDIT: Hell the whole thing was handled within five hours of the initial complaint.
I think you meant to provide an example of people botching something but you showed a pretty great example of us being on top of things, diligent, and taking player complaints very seriously.

Are you false-flagging or is there seriously such a lack of evidence for your claim the worst example you could find was this?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #58186

I literally posted the wrong thread because Sticky was involved in two singularity incidents. I can't find the other one but you know which one I'm talking about, that was handled poorly. The second fuck up of a high profile admin. The situation was extremely clear cut with him being in the wrong, yet you don't bother to ask the community whether they want someone who abused their powers, misused their powers and who basically released the singularity out of anger back in an administrative position. It was handled poorly.
Nick Elwood says, "brain your guitly of incompitence and sencected to public flogging and banishment"
DEAD: Andrew Mitchell says, "LIONUS HAS ANGER ISSUES AND AUTISM"
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #58192

I think you're talking about this thread?

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2205

The time Sticky unleashed the singularity as a station engineer, so we gave him a weekban from the server and a permanent jobban from engineer.

Nothing he did in this situation involved his admin powers at all. He didn't spawn anything or alter anything. He did something an experienced player should know better than to do, so he was given the punishment a player who should know better deserves.

He was treated exactly like a player would've been.

How was this mishandled?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Re: Tedward1337 Community Discussion

Post by AdenAbrafo » #58201

Multiple people have told me he got deadminned for a bit over it and implied that it was an adminstrative issue, wow I am making myself look like an ass because I got information from misinformed people. Aside from direct fuck ups, I think most people think most situations can be handled better in regards to the community and response from admins in general.

Yes, you are proving me wrong when it comes to my claim of the administration directly fucking up in response to past incidents. This does not invalidate any other criticism from me or anyone else.
Nick Elwood says, "brain your guitly of incompitence and sencected to public flogging and banishment"
DEAD: Andrew Mitchell says, "LIONUS HAS ANGER ISSUES AND AUTISM"
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Re: Tedward1337 Community Discussion

Post by Timbrewolf » #58205

We should probably continue this conversation here:

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2517

Since this thread is prettymuch resolved at this point.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #58265

An0n3 wrote:
AdenAbrafo wrote:Can you really not admit you made mistakes in the past? Where would you like problems with past grievances to go?
None of the past mistakes that were brought up in this thread were mistakes I made, mistakes Ikky made, or mistakes Tedward made.

People are making nebulous complaints about portions of the administration that have absolutely nothing to do with the current situation. People have attempted to use this situation as a second chance to unearth past incidents that are completely irrelevant and I wont allow it. It's completely off-topic and self-serving. It gummed up this entire proceeding.

I will admit to past mistakes if someone can bring up a mistake I made that is relevant to this situation.
But as of yet nobody has. And I doubt they can.

This incident isn't an excuse to shoot for a re-trial of everything that ever happened here, and it's disgusting that so many people immediately reached for that. Some people gotta make everything about themselves...and people say I'm self-important?
Ask someone to describe the colour orange and I guarantee you that most will refer to the fruit.
People speak in relative terms because thats how human brains work

And I thought my point was pretty relevant, both involved admins spawning items for themselves for personal gain.
The only differences were that HG spawned OP unbalanced implants and Ted spawned a stamp
And that HG claimed he did it for testing and Ted claimed it was to be funny.