Changes to some game configs

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Changes to some game configs

Post by imblyings » #129685

Ling is now at a weighting of 1, so is extended, due to recent forum threads. This is just a small run, headmins feel free to revert. For reference, changeling used to be at 3 and that was the lowest weighting at 6.1%.

I'm also thinking of having the assistant cap be completely removed. Grey tide hasn't been so bad when it got raised and frankly if you grey tide nowadays sec gets away with treating you harshly and if sec doesn't do it there are plenty of admins keen it seems anyway.

Post salt/reverse salt here if you want about these changes.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Re: Changes to some game configs

Post by Incoming » #129701

If you want a mode to have an even lower weighting than what setting it to 1 provides, raise every other mode by a factor of 2, which will halve the mode.

Alternateively I THINK the config can use decimals, you could probably set it to .5 if you wanted.

(add monkey at .01)
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #129725

Remove the cap
PLEASE
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #129730

this is probably a really stupid question, but why dont we just make all game modes have an equal chance of occurring?

also i personally would like to see an assistant cap in place but that's just me.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #129762

I'd be up for disabling "enforce human authority" (i.e. allowing mutantrace heads of staff), but I doubt anyone else is.
Maybe giving traitors another objective? (So that's two and escape, or one and hijack.)
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #129829

TheNightingale wrote: Maybe giving traitors another objective? (So that's two and escape, or one and hijack.)
if I get my objective rework in we can totally make this something that we can tweak and fuck with to our hearts content
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #129837

whenever we roll extended server pop drops dramatically
whenever the map isn't box or meta, server pop drops dramatically

>inb4 sybil will have basil-levels of population if both of these things happen at once
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #129967

PKPenguin321 wrote:whenever we roll extended server pop drops dramatically
whenever the map isn't box or meta, server pop drops dramatically

>inb4 sybil will have basil-levels of population if both of these things happen at once
I'm not sure where you're getting your information from but that's certainly not what I've seen.

I saw 85/90 odd people on last night on a Monday evening, on asteroid station. So that doesn't really seem like a drop to me.

Also all rounds are "secret" so you have no real way of know if they are extended for people to be able to choose to leave. Maybe if rounds have been going on a while people choose not to join. But honestly extended generally means an admin event or something thrown into the mix that makes it anything but the norm'. People generally seem to like that and stick around because of it.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #129968

Changeling stands better to just run alongside Traitors, not as a unique game mode onto itself.

Extended is usually a hour long snore fest.

The best """roleplay""" and whatever comes when there's a overall plot or conflict to drive things forward, 99.9% of movies/games/table top games/whatever involve some sort of conflict.

Nothing good happens when there's no conflict, and relying on admins who are notorious for dragging their feet to do anything interesting, and when they do its usually just spawning a Traitor, makes me wonder what's the point with extended when your better off making it a traitor round.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #129970

Enable catgirls disable lizards, not necessarily in that order
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #130104

imblyings wrote:Ling is now at a weighting of 1, so is extended, due to recent forum threads. This is just a small run, headmins feel free to revert. For reference, changeling used to be at 3 and that was the lowest weighting at 6.1%.

All of this is a lie. They never saved the file.

I will fix this.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW: