Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

[bgobandit] - Nilons - Lances are stupid

Post by Nilons » #316854

Byond account and character name: Nilons - Ostrava of Nanotrasen
Admin: bgobandit
Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) incident occurred: sybil iirc
Detailed summary:

This was about a week ago because I wanted to get at least one admins take on it before jumping to forum posting

>be a chemist
>greyshirt unfastens the chem fridge to try to get into the chem lab and possibly steal it
>beat their ass and eject them violently but very much alive
>they come back and start to leave with the fridge this time
>go to robust them but see an officer and start talking to him about it
>as I'm typing "so yeah this is the second time she's stolen the fridge" she hits me with an explosive lance and runs off
>leg gets blown off, spend 10 minutes getting it back on because the CMO was competent, could've gone the whole round without it if medbay was as much of a shit show as usual
>ic issue
>wont tell me if they were antag or not
>they end up not being an antag

So people can just blow my leg off for stopping them from stealing a valuable piece of equipment with my culminated work stored inside, even when I'm trying to resolve it through sec and not valids?
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: [bgobandit] - Nilons - Lances are stupid

Post by bandit » #316892

Hi. I don't remember the situation here and it is entirely possible I didn't look into it enough, if so I apologize.

That said please never start any sentence with "So people can just ______" because no matter what you say next it makes the admin want to throw you off a cliff.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #316930

I didn't say "So I can do x because y", which is what I thought admins specifically did not like, but because that is the entire situation that is literally the precedent being set, that being stopped from stealing the chemfridge is grounds for delimbing
bandit

Post by bandit » #316970

Not sure what the endgame is here. I probably misinterpreted the initial ahelp or failed to look into things; the past week has been a fucking nightmare in terms of workload and I've been doing a lot of multitasking, so I apologize. That said this is not some new precedent so that entire line of argument is not productive.

admin feedback pls
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #316979

This is proving my point that IC issue is a stupid function and I ahelped again re-explaining it after the fact because I thought you misinterpreted it like you did I guess and you ic issued it again. My end game is for responsibility to be taken that you fucked up. If you don't feel like answering an ahelp properly don't, is all I can really say, instead of IC issuing it without looking into it because you have things going on at home.
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #317003

He didn't actually send me any messages, just IC issued me without looking into the situation at all
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #317016

know round ID by chance?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #317077

I checked neds site with the time I have from messaging Qbopper but couldn't find the round ID. Also admin complaints are such a joke an admin who openly admits they made a mistake in the first post has no idea what the end game of the complaint is.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #317117

Nilons wrote:I checked neds site with the time I have from messaging Qbopper but couldn't find the round ID. Also admin complaints are such a joke an admin who openly admits they made a mistake in the first post has no idea what the end game of the complaint is.
I was going to note them for it but that's ok.

EDIT: The person who gave you grief, not BGO.
Last edited by Cobby on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
bandit

Post by bandit » #317118

By "what's the end game" I mean that I apologized, I'll do better next time, but without the round ID or anything like that there is really not much more concrete that can be done.

admin feedback pls
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #317766

I think whether or not this is an IC issue boils down to how severe we consider dismemberment to be in terms of escalation. In real life it would be fucking awful but in this game it can be fixed relatively quickly and essentially be inconsequential. I'd say it's worse than an average beating but not as bad as crit. However, your instance took a lot more time to fix than a crit might, which could push it to about the same level of bad as a crit.

The only problem now is that the person who blew your leg off didn't know it would take this long to fix, so it's hard to put him to blame for that. He only intended to hit you with something that was worse than an average beating but not as bad as a crit, so that's really all we can reasonably blame him for. If anything you should be mad at the doctors that took 10 minutes to fix one severed limb, but that's not really bannable.

I think bgo handled it the right way. Sorry if you got screwed over, but it happens. Not going to action this and I'd be willing to bet other headmins will back me on this.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: