Skyglazer
Byond Username: Skyglazer

[StickyMayhem] Skyglazer - Deletion for "fucking with event"

Post by Skyglazer » #90429

Byond account and character name: Skyglazer - Tries-Her-Best
Admin: StickyMayhem
Time incident occured: ~9:50 PM EST 5/24/15
Detailed summary:
A new round begins, I spawn in as an assistant, Tries-her-Best, blue lizard. I get some tools and use the teleporter for some space exploring, going from the abandoned teleporter to the abandoned tcommsat. It was when I went to the white ship that things started going downhill. I arrive on the white ship, and as I go towards the cockpit, I realize something's amuck. All the walls are gone. Knowing OOCly that there's some admin bullshit going on, I ICly feign ignorance, saying something along the lines of "What is this bullshit?" or "What happened here?" before being forcefully ejected from the ship by sticky's all-time-favorite immersion-shattering admin throw verb, and then teleportation into the on-station teleporter room, right before the eyes of some assistant. This is when sticky admin-pms me saying "Why meta why?" I'm not sure what he means by this, as it's not normally meta to go space travelling and expect to be able to do so without admins teleporting you willy-nilly.

Anyways, I head back out into space, resolving not to go near the white ship because sticky said he would gib me if I did so. I almost ran out of air, but I managed to find the derelict. I had teleported a few space suits and such loot back to the crew when there was a centcomm announcement that said "It's in arrivals, bring your shit." I high-tailed it over to arrivals to find the white ship, with new shoddy looking walls and no air inside of it. I slap on my space suit and make my way to the cockpit. Nobody had stopped me or told me not to otherwise, so I send it to a new option that I had not seen before. Hearing the 'ca-chunk' of my fellow spacemen fall to the ground made me realize my mistake, so I sent the ship back to SS13. Upon returning, I had suddenly become a ghost, my ID on the ground.

I adminhelped saying "did you seriously just delete me for that" to which Sticky replied with very antagonizing and accusatory remarks, accusing me of trying to "fuck with the event" and that I should've known not to go to the white ship because they were talking about it in last round's OOC (???). I had not expected an event so soon after the last one, but there most certainly was one, and I paid the price for it. Skorvold interjected to try to see what was going on but by that point I was already trying to get out of the conversation because I knew that both sticky and myself had lost our cools, Sticky requested that I "let him get back to work" and after this someone else moved the shuttle. They were not deleted or punished as far as my understanding goes, but I remained a ghost. I had gotten some of my favorite music to listen to, to help calm me down. I checked on the game to see how Sticky's poorly organized event was going, and that's when I realized I was back in the game. That's right, without warning, bare-ass naked blue lizard just pops into the middle of the shuttle, further shattering any sense of 'immersion' or 'roleplay' involved in this event. Without any of my tools or EVA gear I was restricted to just running around being useless for the one event that happened before Skorvold took the reigns of the event and ended the round. I believe the event had been broken by something which was what lead to this abrupt ending, but I cannot know for sure. I'll list the things that bothered me that sticky did wrong, now.

1. Not planning well - You can't expect everyone to read every single thing sent in OOC, even with attention-catching hot pink text like sticky's, because some people tab out of the game until the round starts, hence me not knowing a single thing about the event or what I was doing wrong in going to or moving the white ship.

2. Being accusatory in adminpm - Sticky accused me of "metagame" and "trying to ruin his event/crash the server" (this was his logic for deleting me when he could have just used that admin throw verb that took him less than a second to use when I first encountered the white ship), when I had not and when I complained that he took me out of the round for being curious about things and trying to use in-game features that are usually constants throughout each round (the white ship), he told me quite rudely to "stop being pissy," claiming I "hadn't been punished" (being stripped of all your belongings including your body for a short while is not punishment?).

3. Spawning me in without warning - A simple bwoink of "Hey I'm putting you back in the round now" would have been all that it takes to alert me to the fact that I am being spawned in wearing absolutely nothing.

4. Running too many events in rapid succession. In saying this I am referring to STP's post entitled "What is expected of the admins." Sticky being a head-admin does not exempt him from these guidelines.
Sometinyprick wrote:Don't spam sounds and events. If you're queuing sounds one after the other, or if you're running an event every day, you're doing it too often.
5. Being harsh with punishment and then lying about it. - Deletion is harsh. Again, another immersion shattering thing, and harsh. No body, no nothing, just my ID left on the ground, plain and simple. When there are obvious alternatives such as moving me as he easily did before or simply not leaving the console in the open FOR ANYONE TO USE in the first place, would have worked. Not only this, but the fact that in admin-pm he informed me that I should, in fact, not be pissy because "I wasn't being punished." Being forced out of the round, even for a while and stripped of your belongings because you're "ruining the event" is punishment, Sticky.

Overall, Sticky was being unprofessional going about his event and his admin-pms and should not be able to treat players he doesn't like however he likes because he's a headmin. The double standard of deleting me for moving the shuttle once and not deleting another character who did it, expecting me to pay close attention to all OOC banter of every round, accusing me of metagaming, telling me that I am "pissy," telling me that I "fucked with his event" twice, are not ways an admin should behave, especially not a head admin. That was a lot, but thank you for taking the time to read this wall of text and consider the complaint.
Kodeth101
Byond Username: Kodeth101

Re: [StickyMayhem] Skyglazer - Deletion for "fucking with ev

Post by Kodeth101 » #90437

Yeah, I was there during the event. It was really an awful event, and it looks like no effort was put into it. Only one thing happened the entire 25+ minutes that the shuttle was in transit, and it was a small fight that lasted less than two minutes. There was nothing inherently fun that occurred during the round, and when the players tried to get the shitty event over with by calling the shuttle, he recalled it when there were only a couple minutes left. Events should really be planned out, and this is a perfect example of why.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #90444

I'm sorry man. The delete was the fastest way to stop you doing something that could instantly crash the server (sending the shuttle into nullspace. It's happened before) and I know it wasn't your fault.

I spoke about the event the previous round and mentioned in ooc to another admin that the white ship would work well as the basis for the shuttle event. Next round I see you there in the first five minutes. I don't dislike you at all, hence the informal, admittedly exasperated adminPM.

You weren't punished. It was literally an OH FUUCK reaction to stop the server crashing because of my mistake. Sorry I didn't give you the benefit of the doubt at the time.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Tunder
Byond Username: Tunderchief

Post by Tunder » #90619

>Orion Trail event

NO WAY THIS ROUND COULD HAVE GONE BADLY, NO WAY AT ALL

Also, I sure as shit remember the white ship being moved around for a solid two minutes, over and over again.

If that was you, Sky, then I have no sympathy, as I'm sure there were plenty of ahelps and prayers asking for you to die.
Skyglazer

Post by Skyglazer » #90629

Tunder wrote:>Orion Trail event

NO WAY THIS ROUND COULD HAVE GONE BADLY, NO WAY AT ALL

Also, I sure as shit remember the white ship being moved around for a solid two minutes, over and over again.

If that was you, Sky, then I have no sympathy, as I'm sure there were plenty of ahelps and prayers asking for you to die.
Nope. I was deleted at that point, and I'm pretty sure the person responsible for the moving you described wasn't deleted.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #90657

Which goes to show it wasn't spiteful but a frantic fixing of something that could have gone wrong.

After the edits were safely made there was no danger and the shuttle could be used freely, though we later removed the console to prevent the knockdown spam.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Skyglazer

Post by Skyglazer » #90672

Stickymayhem wrote:Which goes to show it wasn't spiteful but a frantic fixing of something that could have gone wrong.
Why not edit the docking locations before you moved the ship to the station? I'm sure there was plenty of time after you threw me into space and teleported me.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #90887

Skyglazer wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:Which goes to show it wasn't spiteful but a frantic fixing of something that could have gone wrong.
Why not edit the docking locations before you moved the ship to the station? I'm sure there was plenty of time after you threw me into space and teleported me.
There are two points A and B.

You have to move the ship to A, then move B to the new location (open space), then move it back to B's new location.

You might be getting a hint of why this event was painful.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #90912

sticky, some time I'll have to show you how to add transport points for non-system shuttles like the white ship.

you can literally make the docking ports, set the right variables, and add it to the console as an option.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #90960

He knows how and I wrote a guide, the shuttle was just moved before another admin finished setting up the ports, at least this is what sticky told me. If you give a possible destination in the computer, but that destination actually isn't made yet or whatever, the shuttle apparently goes into null-space. Haven't tested it, but apparently thats why skyglazer got deleted.