TehSteveo - Deleting counter arguments to admin feedback

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

TehSteveo - Deleting counter arguments to admin feedback

Post by oranges » #304931

Sweaterkittens posted some feedback in icepax candidate thread that I disagreed with, so I left a comment that attempted to counterbalance theirs

TehSteveo deleted it

They then deleted my follow up comment explaining how this leads to the accusation of bias since they're deleting one type of feedback and not the other.

This may not be actual bias, but perception matters far more than any actual reality and is a stain on the admin team.

I honestly don't think admins should be able to moderate the feedback threads, but that is a matter of policy and unrelated to the complaint.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: TehSteveo - Deleting counter arguments to admin feedback

Post by BeeSting12 » #304934

Can I see the deleted post for context?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #304936

They posted

IcePacks if you think I have the spare time to be petty enough to chime in on your feedback thread purely out of spite, you're sorely mistaken. And the fact that you respond so childishly to a valid point only strengthens my argument that you're a poor person to be an admin.

I posted:
I think you're absolutely that petty

bearing in mind that sweaterkittens has had a very petty grudge at me over nothing, has advocated for my removal from adminbus multiple times, has undeleted posts I have deleted in the coding feedback forum in my capacity as a maintainer (moderating the forum) and generally goes out of their way to involve themselves in events involving me.

I'm countering their negative feedback with my own assertions that I do believe they would chime into feedback threads purely out of spite for other people

edit:
You'll note a post by nilons was left
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 00#p303999

which indicates to me at least that tehstevoe was asked by someone to delete my post, I won't speculate on who that was.
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #304947

Freedom
Lexorion
Byond Username: Lexorion
Github Username: Lexorion

Post by Lexorion » #304948

oranges wrote:Sweaterkittens posted some feedback in icepax candidate thread that I disagreed with, so I left a comment that attempted to counterbalance theirs

TehSteveo deleted it

They then deleted my follow up comment explaining how this leads to the accusation of bias since they're deleting one type of feedback and not the other.

This may not be actual bias, but perception matters far more than any actual reality and is a stain on the admin team.

I honestly don't think admins should be able to moderate the feedback threads, but that is a matter of policy and unrelated to the complaint.
"THIS BOARD IS FOR SPECIFIC INCIDENCES OF IN-GAME ADMIN ABUSE."
"6. This board is not for forum issues or code issues. Forum issues should be brought up with the current managing administrator via IRC or PM. Code issues should be discussed with the appropriate parties in the matter chosen by their project leads." Not a valid admin complaint.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #304951

basically this, they're feedback for admins, not grounds for a proxy war against an entirely different person
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #304955

So what recourse does a player have when an admin deletes every non admin post in a feedback thread, ignoring any valid criticisms because there was a hint of shitposting
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #304956

Can't you post relevant information without the shit posting?
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #304961

Nilons wrote:So what recourse does a player have when an admin deletes every non admin post in a feedback thread, ignoring any valid criticisms because there was a hint of shitposting
This is a strawman, which should be clear if you actually look at the deleted posts in question here
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #304962

Nilons wrote:So what recourse does a player have when an admin deletes every non admin post in a feedback thread, ignoring any valid criticisms because there was a hint of shitposting
The answer is in front of you in the rules for these forums as well.
Freedom
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #304989

6. This board is not for forum issues or code issues. Forum issues should be brought up with the current managing administrator via IRC or PM. Code issues should be discussed with the appropriate parties in the matter chosen by their project leads.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: