In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

[Dorisdwarf] HollaHollaFoADolla - Note appeal

Post by Dax Dupont » #359231

Byond account and character name:HollaHollaFoADolla Caroline Dupont
Banning admin: Dorisbwarf
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Note
Note: Warned for overescalation after they beat someone who challenged them to a fistfight to death with a stunbaton, even after the other person stopped fighting tried to de-escalate. Not every fight has to end in you smashing their skull into small bits.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-11-18 15:10:56 | Bagil | dorsidwarf
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: Man who plays as superhero tasers and arrests me for no reason, then proceeds to copy paste a wall of text in both regular chat and then later with a radio headset set to loud mode. Man says "Fight me, pussy", No mention of fist fight but I treat it as such. After someone else beats him twice as well he runs away and then returns a minute later to my workplace in an area where he is trespassing(medbay storage) with a baton out and gets disarmed and gets beat with said baton. Man is surprised that challenging people to a fight after arresting him leads to his death, he gets cloned as soon as possible.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Man picks fight and loses after getting disarmed with his own weapon. He yelled to stop, yes but if you challenge people to a fight and then pull out a stunbaton near them an tries to hit them you're gonna get beat. I would also like to add this was someone that was a sec officer.

He got cloned, and I got executed for it by the hos. This was purely IC and shouldn't have required admin intervention, especially not a note. I am convinced it's not ban baiting however since the person apologized for his behaviour a few rounds later and probably just hit that ahelp button because he was upset.

tl;dr man says fight me, loses and ahelps.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: [Dorisdwarf] HollaHollaFoADolla - Note appeal

Post by onleavedontatme » #359296

Absent any missing information this sounds like it should have resulted in the "super hero" for ban baiting rather than a note for OP
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #359433

Kor wrote:Absent any missing information this sounds like it should have resulted in the "super hero" for ban baiting rather than a note for OP
Or just calming them down. I don't think he was trying to ban bait but he probably felt wronged. He apologized a few rounds after for the situation.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #362201

Is there any response from Dorsi on this matter?
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #362349

Rustledjimm wrote:Is there any response from Dorsi on this matter?
Apparently not, I'd like him to give his input or if he doesn't want to for some reason(since he's active on other parts of the forum) we could go with Kor's view on things.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #362557

I'll just delete the note later if he doesn't respond.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #362602

I dont check the ban appeals much because it's a land of salt

I mean I dont really care that much I guess but you beat a guy up in a playfight (that he started, all good here), but then when he eventually limped into a different part of medbay seeking medical aid, ran up, disarmed, and wordlessly killed him as he begged for mercy?
I dunno, I just feel that that might somehow be a situation relevant to any later investigations into overescalation.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #362613

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:I dont check the ban appeals much because it's a land of salt

I mean I dont really care that much I guess but you beat a guy up in a playfight (that he started, all good here), but then when he eventually limped into a different part of medbay seeking medical aid, ran up, disarmed, and wordlessly killed him as he begged for mercy?
I dunno, I just feel that that might somehow be a situation relevant to any later investigations into overescalation.
He tazes me 4noraisin, literally said "fight me", so I did, he then decided to trespass into another area of medbay, armed with a baton, which I didn't see as the end of the fight.

I did clone him right after I finished answering ahelps and taking some of his stuff.

All while this guy is acting like some crime fighting superhero "owlman".
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #364572

Can this be resolved yet. It's been open for weeks.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #364684

Could I propose a compromise?

Often in cases like these where it's more ambiguous I have noticed admins tend to leave a message stating the note will be deleted after a certain amount of time of good behavious.

Of course this is Dorsi's note so it's his decision.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #364786

Kor wrote:Absent any missing information this sounds like it should have resulted in the "super hero" for ban baiting rather than a note for OP
I'm just going to remove the note due to this next time I get on.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current