[COMPLAINT] [<Otter>] <Zaffinomlb>

Zaffinomlb
Byond Username: Zaffinomlb

[COMPLAINT] [<Otter>] <Zaffinomlb>

Post by Zaffinomlb » #689320

BYOND account: <Zaffinomlb>
Admin in question: <Otter>
Your side of the story:
Generally speaking I would rather have a formal explanation and adjudication by all parties on the matter of my Deadmining.

The punishment for what was a rather benign "shitpost" in what has always been held to be a shitpost channel (the first pin of the channel is literally a headmin saying it's a shitpost channel) seems to be far in extreme and in excess.
The crime being posting a meme about Ted Kaczynski on the day of his death. You can view this for yourself in the "deleted" post logs.
Edit: I feel this needs to be put here so here it is I don't idolize Ted Kaczynski I simply have read ISAIF and Anti Tech Revolution and I agree with some of his ideas(key word there). I do not agree with the actions he took to draw attention to his ideas. Horrendous though they be the wheels of justice were turning for him and his victims. One can disavow someone's actions and still admire their works.

Someone pinged me about it in #past-round and I responded to them. Otter pinged me in adminbus, my post is deleted, where at the same the person I was talking to gave a reply, I read Otters post and then moved to DMs to comply with the directives. I discontinued and did not speak of Ted in TGMC.

Otter says, in DMs after Deadmining me "You have a history of doing similar things and getting yourself into controversy.", but I asked what examples of similar things, and none were provided.
The "controversy" if one can call it that is one case of a person who MIRED 3 other admins in their drama as well lest we forget and had a history of doing the same thing on /TG/. Said person also was actively stalking a member of our server too, so saying that was a case of me "getting myself into controversy" is dubious at best.

If anyone can please bring another example to light, I am all ears. If not I don't think it is a fair assertion. If it were true then I could understand this more, but its not so this seems to be a dubious statement and untoward at best.

His next line of reasoning was "I believe you would continue to if I gave you the chance."

Firstly, I am not banned from the server so this wouldn't have stopped any posting I might have done anyway.
I can fully understand if I continued having conversations, kept talking about it, and made multiple post in flagrant violation. In fact I could have seeing as a completely different person from the one I was talking to posted a literal Ted Kaczynski meme too, directly @ed me, but I didn't says anything to them or talk about it. That is me literally obeying the directive. A search can show this to be true, you can also check the delete logs, but you won't find anything cause its not there.

This all just seems to have been blown out of proportion and is rather too harsh of a response for what actually happened.

More over Otter also stated he "deadminned you(me) without clearance from the other two because they had not responded to the ping for 20 minutes"
They also say that they had both Zack and Nani's approval right after making that post.

So just to be clear, I complied, didnt continue posting, was @ed by another person other then the one I was talking to and didnt respond about the topic or at all. When asked what other history I have of this kind of "similar thing" was not given any example, and unilaterally removed after 20 minutes? This removal of adminship is a miscarriage of justice and unwarranted.

I have screen shot of conversations and evidence of other claims and matters, and can provide if desired.
Otter
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Otterwatch

Re: [COMPLAINT] [<Otter>] <Zaffinomlb>

Post by Otter » #689330

For a previous instance/controversy you warned in, Lovemirror is an excellent example. They were wrong about how they proceeded in the discord and forums and the conduct they showed. At the end of the day though, they made some fair points. You have and still do have a problematic profile picture that is of the man who got into a yelling match on an airplane and said the nword. You said at the time it was a joke among your foxhole group, and I suppose that was enough for those at the time to ignore it. You doubled down in this instance and then showed unprofessional behavior in your Admin Complaint.
zaffinom.PNG
Here's the warning you received for it.
warning.PNG
For this current situation, you posted this message in #trivial-hell (an admin shitposting channel that's public for all to view).
ted kac.PNG
I was notified of this and thought it was just a joke you were making like many others I had seen that day. Then, someone pointed out you defending Ted Kaczynski instead of saying like you have in this complaint that you were joking.
zaff 2.PNG
You were then warned that this behavior is not acceptable and to keep your opinions on the subject to yourself. You typed in the channel you were warned for around 2 minutes before replying to Chimmers again saying:
zaff 4.PNG
zaffin.PNG
At this point, it had been around 20 minutes since I had first been notified of your behavior and neither of the other headmins were online (one of them is away from home and unable to do much regardless). You had disregarded my warning and effectively spit in my face. I decided to use the power I have as headmin to temporarily remove you from the team to prevent any further problems considering you did not seem to listen to what I told you, nor acknowledge the warning in any visible way. Around an hour and a half later, Zack24 (fellow headmin) got online and expressed their distaste for the situation, but agreed with my decision due to a couple different factors (most of which have been listed). Close to an hour later, Naani woke up to dms of you asking why you were deadminned and finally looked at the situation. When I told them where to find information, they said that they did not have time to look into it much and that they're good. You then proceeded to dm me and ask why I deadminned you and I believe I gave you a fair answer which you said you understood. You continued to dm the other two headmins to which Zack did not respond (because I told and showed them that I just talked to you and theoretically ironed everything out) and Naaani was confused as they rightfully should've been considering they knew nothing about the situation. I believe they thought you were referring to the removal and not the confirmation of the removal.

I believe the part you are confused on is that Naaani and Zack were not checked with before deadminning you because they were unreachable. I talked to them later that night when they were online to verify that I made the right decision and that it was justified. Neither of them raised objections to the removal and Naaani told me to message you about our confirmation. Removing adminship for actively ignoring a warning to not publicly praise and support a mass murderer is completely justified on its own. Coupled with general past behavior and a previous incident; it is doubly fair.
Zack24
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Zack24

Re: [COMPLAINT] [<Otter>] <Zaffinomlb>

Post by Zack24 » #689481

I have nothing else to add here, your behavior both in-game, and in discord was questionable to me whenever you started insult matches with players, in the end you can still play on the server, you just wont be an admin anymore. If there's nothing else, I'll be closing this complaint in 2 days