yttriums
Byond Username: Yttriums

[Ridgyax] Yttriums

Post by yttriums » #698593

BYOND account: Yttriums
Character name: Scooter Jarvis
Ban type: TGMC server ban
Ban length: 3 day
Ban reason: Detonated a WP on Alamo mid-flight, after someone else had already done so, making it the second detonation within the span of a minute or so.
Time ban was placed: 2023-08-09 22:37:05
Round ID in which ban was placed: 22680
Your side of the story:
As the ban note mentions, a first WP had been accidentally detonated after several people had been playing around with the grenades - one player had activated and deactivated a grenade, throwing it to scare people. Then a second player accidentally Wp'd the shuttle pre-launch. I was caught in this initial grenade and ran to medbay, grabbed kelotane pill packets to give to others caught in the blast, etc.

In the aftermath of this, I tried to be funny and repeatedly pull one of the grenades onto and off of my webbing (such that the sprite appears to other players). I accidentally triggered the grenade and placed it back onto my webbing, and in a panic I couldn't deactivate the grenade, causing the second blast.

I immediately ahelped to explain myself and admit my mistake because I genuinely felt bad about doing this while trying to be goofy.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't think the ban is necessarily wrong (and it's three days so I'll live) but a reduction would be nice, or I'd at least appreciate if the ban note had slightly more context as I felt I was forthcoming about my mistake. Also I don't get the decision to include context about the prior detonation, as if the prior detonation makes mine more likely to be deliberate griefing.

I think I bring value to the server as a very team-oriented and upbeat player who enjoys mediating conflicts between others, handling objectives and logistics, helping newer players, etc.

References of good conduct: May not change anything but I have roughly 2k hours across tg servers with no negative notes (outside of name policy stuff). I don't believe I have a reputation for doing this type of thing on purpose whatsoever.
Ridgyaxe
TGMC Administrator

Re: [Ridgyax] Yttriums

Post by Ridgyaxe » #698735

You state in your own appeal that you intentionally messed with a grenade to be funny and then it accidentally went off on its own. (I've had this happen, with it going off on its own by double clicking it too fast myself). You also stated in your Ahelp something along the lines of 'Do what you must.' I do not recall any explaining, but I may have missed any further text from you at that point, as I was already filling out a ban.

There are two things to note for this ban. One, it's only 3 days because of your lack of other prior notes and good behavior. Two, I was explicitly told by Barnet to 'ban that man' in Achat (Not exact words) after I said I would handle whoever had detonated the WP.

Unless other admins have something to add, Denied, you're gonna have to wait out the ban.
yttriums
Byond Username: Yttriums

Re: [Ridgyax] Yttriums

Post by yttriums » #698741

I sent the explanation first, and 'do what you must' was the follow up to that (in the same ticket I believe). Regardless, not a huge deal, and I could understand you missing it as you had to aheal everyone and stuff. Not a big deal either way.