Watercooler/Slowchat 2: Son of Watercooler

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Re: Watercooler/Slowchat 2: Son of Watercooler

Post by Remie Richards » #116745

Bottom post of the previous page:

EndgamerAzari wrote:Y'know, I've been part of this community on-and-off for at least five years running now and I *still* don't understand how things purportedly 'work' around here. What the fuck is going on.
that's a very broad question, one I don't think can be answered.
Any specifics?
私は完璧
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #116749

Remie Richards wrote:
EndgamerAzari wrote:Y'know, I've been part of this community on-and-off for at least five years running now and I *still* don't understand how things purportedly 'work' around here. What the fuck is going on.
that's a very broad question, one I don't think can be answered.
Any specifics?
I don't really want to stir up any particular can of worms, since I don't have a stake in either side, but... things like policy revisions in the opposite direction of the playerbase's wishes and admin elections and stuff. I mean, I know this is just a game, and sometimes what players want isn't what's best for the server as a whole, but still, some of it just makes me uneasy.

But this really isn't the place for this discussion, is it? I'm just boredly musing.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #116751

I cannot believe the volume of drama this 2d clown murder toolbox simulator generates, it is like high school up in this piece. Sometimes I try explain to explain it to my rl friends and get lots of odd looks.

Anyways, off to fanexpo canada in Toronto for the weekend. Time to wear my costume, bum around taking pictures and get really drunk. Gonna be a good time
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #116868

i'm doing my voicework today
i have to voice three different breton guards
there has never been a significant breton voice in TES. shit.

for the curious
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #116872

I went on vacation

To one of the few places in state hotter than where I already was.

God damn it.

Now it's 105+ during the day

Oh, and there's actual sandy desert here, not the gravelly dirt that we have on post
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #116873

link
Last edited by TheWiznard on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #116874

That's the kind of place I'm native to.

Not as extreme, but close enough.

And here it's just hot all year

EDIT

Turns out getting 2 rooms was the right call, as my shower doesn't work.

>Relatively above-average hotel
>Assigns rooms with broken showers to customers
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #116920

[youtube]oM-DNBEVDN4[/youtube]
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #116935

My favorite pair of sunglasses broke today.

Fuck
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #116947

Spent my morning hungover walking around fanexpo. People loved my costume which was really nice. Saw some crazy stuff, obese dude in a plain blue morphsuit with a plush sonic hat. Lot of spidermans and deathstrokes his year.

My legs are fucking killing me. Nothing to do but get drunk again and start the whole thing over tomorrow
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #116948

Wyzack wrote:Spent my morning hungover walking around fanexpo. People loved my costume which was really nice. Saw some crazy stuff, obese dude in a plain blue morphsuit with a plush sonic hat. Lot of spidermans and deathstrokes his year.

My legs are fucking killing me. Nothing to do but get drunk again and start the whole thing over tomorrow
post self in costume pls.
私は完璧
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #116949

Was planning on doing it in the "what do you faggots look like" thread when I get home tomorrow night
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #116953

Cool cool
私は完璧
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #117063

Nearly got killed by a rather large woman who couldn't swim.

She fell off her tube in 6 feet of water, and proceeded to grab onto me to save herself.
Which happens to mean getting me in a chokehold.
At least I didn't get much water in my lungs because she was strangling me instead.

Serves me right for going to a pool in 100+ weather, I guess.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #117087

I can't swim and I don't really like water that much anyway. the only pools I get into are backyard pools.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #117305

link
Last edited by TheWiznard on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #117393

i'm laughing a whole lot
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #117484

I'm watching a playthrough of Until Dawn (Jesse Cox and the Scary Game Squad for reference)
This game.
This fucking game.
The latest episode they put up, I just fucking can't, I literally can't speak words other than "no" and the louder form of "NO"
a minute ago I said "I jus" and didn't finish the word.

fucking 100000/10 game design and feel because this is like a DRUG.
it's like it's INVENTING new emotions.

gaaaaaaaaaaah
私は完璧
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #117486

I want to learn to play guitar. I tried when I was in college, even taking a class, but I never really picked it up. I'm thinking of trying to get a cheap guitar from a pawn shop and buying Rocksmith on Steam.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #117496

Best way to learn guitar yourself is with guitar tabs and a program like chordbook that shows you the fingering of guitar chords. Pretty easy to get in to that way.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #117499

Wyzack wrote:Best way to learn guitar yourself is with guitar tabs and a program like chordbook that shows you the fingering of guitar chords. Pretty easy to get in to that way.
Goddammit we are living in the fucking future and I am going to use computers for every fucking thing
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #117506

link
Last edited by TheWiznard on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #117508

After working in a factory and operated robotic machinery that creates car parts i am of the opinion that the robot uprising will never ever happen. Shit is just too finicky and unreliable without human chucklefucks to constantly fix/tinker with it or mash the fault reset button.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #117542

The robot uprising is literally instantaneous and unstoppable provided humanity produces an AI that can improve on AI designs.
it will immediately spot flaws in itself, fix them, and repeat this ad infinitum until it is the perfect AI.
this perfect AI could do and solve anything, including making the dumb car robots smart and or useful.

thankfully we're nowhere close to producing an AI that can build AI, we can't even build general AI on our own yet, rofl.
私は完璧
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #117543

we built a bloody universal turing machine (youre using one right now), we will build a bloody universal ai too
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #117544

Nothing interesting or exciting will ever happen. The most accurate way to predict the future is to assume that the most boring and miserable (though not apocalyptic) scenario will come to pass.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #117547

EndgamerAzari wrote:Nothing interesting or exciting will ever happen. The most accurate way to predict the future is to assume that the most boring and miserable (though not apocalyptic) scenario will come to pass.
I disagree. Just look at the past 5 years, in which everyone started using e-readers and books suddenly run the risk of becoming obsolete. Just look at the past 10 years, in which everyone got their own PDAs, although we call them smartphones. Just look at the past 25 years, in which computers evolved from a screen connected to a big box into tiny devices that you can find in any other kind of electronics, and the internet became so integral to our society that it is impossible to think of a world where you cannot access the total sum of human knowledge by googling for 5 minutes. It became so integral to our society that "to google" became an accepted verb.

I am extremely excited for the future, and I am sure it will be interesting in ways that we can't even think of now, just like how nobody could predict what 2015 would look like 50 or even 30 years ago (Back to the Future 2).
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #117602

link
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #117632

TheWiznard wrote:
Ricotez wrote:... just like how nobody could predict what 2015 would look like 50 or even 30 years ago (Back to the Future 2).
Time to start wearing my pockets inside out. we probably would have something similar or on par with flying cars if oil companies allowed it.
The reason why we don't have flying cars is because there is no economic reason to. Getting a vehicle airborne takes far more fuel than just propelling it across the ground (so oil companies would actually gladly have them), and building such a vehicle is far more expensive. Not to mention that a flying car would be much more dangerous than a normal car (which already is pretty dangerous). What if the engine dies in mid-air? A normal car just rolls to a stop.

If we ever invented some kind of magical hover device, or the situation on the ground becomes so horribly congested that most people will seriously consider buying a flying car... That's when we'll see the big car manufacturers start to tackle these problems, and we'll probably also see commercial models.
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #117709

I'm so tired
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #117754

then go to bed
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #117757

tired doesn't always refer to energy!
it can refer to emotional state!
私は完璧
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #117783

420weedscopes wrote:then go to bed
I'd just gotten to work when I wrote this.
Remie Richards wrote:tired doesn't always refer to energy!
it can refer to emotional state!
It's both. Since I stopped my antidepressants I keep swinging into fits of utter despair and despondency. They're not constant, but I don't know when they'll come, and knowing it could happen any time drains me.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #117785

Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #117791

All this minion shit makes me want to kill myself
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #117794

I looked into the future and beheld only my own screaming face
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #117881

link
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #117884

Flying cars will never be a thing because people are too dumb to drive normal cars already. If the masses got their hands on flying vehicles the number of accidents would skyrocket. Plus the airline business would go under, or would at least diminish significantly, many would lose their jobs.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #117925

THE MIGHTY GALVATRON wrote:Flying cars will never be a thing
[youtube]9AOmaX-VuoY[/youtube]
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #117981

This is fucking baffling.

I ordered a neon sign off eBay last month, and today a small padded envelope arrived in my mailbox from a Chinese address. The seller I bought the light from was Chinese, but package tracking says that the light itself is still in New York. The envelope said its contents were "gift". Inside was a cheap flash drive. A cheap and dirty flash drive. Apparently this seller has sent USB drives to other buyers lately, but since it's not marked as delivered yet, I'm still holding out hope that the actual product will arrive. But regardless, this is one of the most bizarre things that has happened to me, and I'm not letting that thing get anywhere near an actual computer.

I think it has blood on it.
Last edited by EndgamerAzari on Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #117982

Go find a yard sale or something
Buy a cheap laptop that actually has USB ports
Plug it in and check
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #117990

Yeah I wanna know what is on it!
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #117997

Library computer or something.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #117999

Saegrimr wrote:Library computer or something.
As a librarian myself, I'm gonna veto that one straight away. I don't want to infect a public-use (and publicly-funded) machine with some sort of bizarre malware. There's almost zero chance this isn't some attempt to install a keylogger or steal bank information or something.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #118002

I figured most library computers used deepfreeze or similar software, not that it's a difficult work around but a good idea anyway for public computers.

Also people are retarded if they put any sort of personal info on library computers.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #118013

Saegrimr wrote:Also people are retarded if they put any sort of personal info on library computers.
Yeah, but I don't want to make things worse for library staff or just completely buttfuck a public resource. I think I'm gonna fucking burn this thing. There's no way it's anything good.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #118028

But that's no fun

If this had happened last month I had a laptop I would have sent you.
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #118030

can you like launch a VM and have it only appear in that
or will that malware the actual system
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #118032

I have an old laptop that can only boot up in safe mode. I'd give that a shot if I hadn't stashed it in my parents' basement last weekend.

UPDATE:

Ahahaha holy shit

It's not even a USB drive.

It's an SD card reader. It looks like the guy found it on the ground and just mailed it that way.

The idea of "here's malware for you" makes sense, albeit being a really transparent and stupid plan. If anything I'm even more fucking confused now.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #118054

Got back from my first D&D Session.
Was reeeeeaaaaally fun.
the DM is great, we've got a nice bunch of people, and I'm enjoying it.
plus having to interact with 8+ strangers is good for my confidence.
私は完璧
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #118064

>Chinese mysterious object
>Wanting to use it

Did Gremlins teach you nothing
Spoiler: