Post by Takeguru » #142905

Bottom post of the previous page:

RIP in peace LGC
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Re: Happy Holidays Everyone

Post by ThanatosRa » #142910

To be clear he's not actually dead yet. He could have days or even months. He's just perilously close right now and in the end stage of his life. I ask for nothing in condolences but for you ornery sons of bitches to be good to each other if only for a little bit.

And stop fucking bein bitchy about dying. Remember the former rule 3. You are not in control all the time. Shit happens. Roll with the punches and have fun. In game and in life. It's gonna happen in both so have fun and deal with it. In one of them at least get to come back in an hour.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #142912

ThanatosRa wrote:To be clear he's not actually dead yet. He could have days or even months. He's just perilously close right now and in the end stage of his life. I ask for nothing in condolences but for you ornery sons of bitches to be good to each other if only for a little bit.
For a second I thought you were talking about LGC

Unless...LGC is your Dad?

He's actually old enough that I think it's possible.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #142914

My god, I wish my old man still gamed. That son of a bitch was one of the most frightening il2 pilots I ever knew. He took down player Fw190s in the titular plane. He was a terror in yakks too. Made his own skins. My favorite was one of Marty Feldman.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #142918

Yeah you've mentioned that a couple times. My Dad got me into the Atari one summer when I was just farting around the house bored. He played a lot in college but stopped when he started a family. He set all the stuff up and watched me play a bit, let me have the run of his collection as long as I wasn't ignoring house work or my school stuff.

Over the years he would peak in sometimes and see what I was playing and it would blow his mind. I remember him seeing the first polygonal games or CD-based games, FMV cutscenes and all that shit. The last time I showed him some new stuff was maybe two years or so ago? He stopped by and I set him up with my head-tracking gear and a steering wheel on Richard Burns Rally (he's a (semi-retired now) NASCAR driver, it's a family thing) and it kinda blew his mind.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #142923

He was always ahead of me and in the lead. He was one of the first people with track ir. I had a dinky succession of simple joysticks. He set up a hotas and even juryrigged it himself to take the rudder on the throttle and wire it to an actual set of pedals from a completely different controller. He introduced me to his online squad of friends. He even picked my il2 handle. Where other father son pairings worked on cars we built gaming rigs.

He eventually fell out of it as he passed into his 50s but really only because of time constraints, affordability and developing motion sickness. When it comes time to collect and divvy his effects I'm probably going to take his hardware and see if I can do anything with it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mongrel58 was semi famous in the old hyperlobby community.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
asskek
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Asskek

Post by asskek » #142924

so what'd everybody get their dear family this year

got my sister a Pandora charm, my grandparents salt clay molds of their pets' pawprints, my little cousins a Lego Dimensions set (tthink Skylanders?) and American Doll clothes, respectively

it was a good year
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #142926

I grudgingly accepted a pair of solid high end headphones in lieu of a watch from my cousin. They're more needed since I don't wear watches. Though I have a self wonder I got from my dad many moons ago that I keep meaning to take to a watch maker for repair.

These things are slick I can't wait to use them at home. Not sure on the brand. Been tired and am drinking.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #143008

invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #143142

Merry christmas you great big nerds.

A summer christmas is nice, but its thirty-fucking-degrees-celcius every day. Good thing we have an ocean here.
Mime: Depresso
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #143155

An0n3 wrote: She always hated her birthday. She was afraid of getting old. She had a lot of nightmares about her teeth falling out. She was scared of her hair getting thinner, scared of the hair that always shows up in the tub after a shower. No matter how much I reassured her or distracted her it didn't work. So I decided to just say fuck it.
Is your ex-wife by chance Ra's al Ghul?

In all seriousness however that sounds like a tough situation for all An0n, and we're all here to listen and talk if you need it.
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #143157

This thread is even more depressing than I am. Let's have some Christmas cheer.
The best way to spread Christmas cheer,
Is singing loud for all to hear.

I'M SINGING
I'M IN A THREAD AND I'M SINGIIIIING
I'M IN A THREEEEEAAAAAAD AND I'M SIIIIIIINGIIIIIIIIING
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #143180

tedward1337 wrote:
An0n3 wrote: She always hated her birthday. She was afraid of getting old. She had a lot of nightmares about her teeth falling out. She was scared of her hair getting thinner, scared of the hair that always shows up in the tub after a shower. No matter how much I reassured her or distracted her it didn't work. So I decided to just say fuck it.
Is your ex-wife by chance Ra's al Ghul?

In all seriousness however that sounds like a tough situation for all An0n, and we're all here to listen and talk if you need it.
I'm good I'm just sharing some old time misery because Thanatos said he likes reading about it.

It's been a while since the divorce. The hardest part of dealing with the whole thing this far out is the time dilation. It all happened in 2011, so the whole thing only took place four years ago. Which doesn't make any fucking sense at all to me because I feel like a whole entire lifetime has passed since then. Putting in order the other things that have happened in my life is made more difficult when I try to calibrate my perception of time around the divorce.

If we got separated in 2011 it means a certain someone I met was November 2011. Which means it was almost 2013 when we broke up. Which is even more recent than it feels like or I would've guessed.

Time is all fucked up for me but otherwise my feelings and conscience are pretty clear.
tedward1337 wrote:Is your ex-wife by chance Ra's al Ghul?
I made a joke at the office today that went like

"A lot of people think that Princess Peach was added to Mario to appeal to the female audience, but that's not true. The character most women should identify with is Yoshi, the egg-laying reptile."
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #143236

An0n3 wrote: I'm good I'm just sharing some old time misery because Thanatos said he likes reading about it.

It's been a while since the divorce. The hardest part of dealing with the whole thing this far out is the time dilation. It all happened in 2011, so the whole thing only took place four years ago. Which doesn't make any fucking sense at all to me because I feel like a whole entire lifetime has passed since then. Putting in order the other things that have happened in my life is made more difficult when I try to calibrate my perception of time around the divorce.

If we got separated in 2011 it means a certain someone I met was November 2011. Which means it was almost 2013 when we broke up. Which is even more recent than it feels like or I would've guessed.

Time is all fucked up for me but otherwise my feelings and conscience are pretty clear.
You need to telegram me more :P
Anyway, 4 years is a long time, particularly at certain points in your life. I feel like I've changed more over the past 5 years than I have done for the other 25 years of my being. Heck things can dramatic change in a year given the right circumstances. So don't measure it in the time take, but instead what has changed, then see how far you've come man!

Also a fleeting thought, your entire bodys cells are replaced over 7 years, 3 more years and you'll have a body she's never touched hahaha. OK sorry, right serious face. :|
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #143245

this year for christmas from my family i got absolutely nothing because my family either hates my guts for having the audacity to skip going to family parties where all they do is get drunk and criticize me or because they're jobless drug addicts.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #143294

Merry christmas motherfuckers. Never change, unless you want to.
peoplearestrange wrote: Also a fleeting thought, your entire bodys cells are replaced over 7 years, 3 more years and you'll have a body she's never touched hahaha. OK sorry, right serious face. :|
Merry SCIENTIFIC ACCURACY POLICE PAS.

Some of your cells will stick around past 7 years. Brain cells, mainly, but also bone marrow cells. 7 years is a good rule of thumb for all the MOLECULES in your body getting changed over.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #143391

So it's still a different body.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #143523

Well I'm glad to be back in Vegas. The initial shock is passing. There is sorrow, there is anticipation for celebrations of life. It's hard time, but fuck that shit we're a gaggle tough weird fucking crazy people. Gonna be fine.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med