Watercooler/Slowchat 2: Son of Watercooler

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Re: Watercooler/Slowchat 2: Son of Watercooler

Post by Zilenan91 » #146045

Bottom post of the previous page:

Nah I see people like that all the time. I have a neighbour, nice lady btw, who has a son named Bobby. Now, Bobby is insane. He has, in the past, pushed her down stairs, and choked her with wire, both times sending her to the hospital, and he is quite clearly a bit of a tweaker as well. This isn't even mentioning what he's done to other people, he once brought a girl home, locked her in his closet and over the course of a week ripped out all of her hair with his bare hands and raped her before she eventually escaped and called the cops. Bobby has not been put in a home or anything, and at the moment he's kicked out of her house, living in the alleyway below my living room, washing his clothes in a bin full of water as I type this.

We also had this asian guy who owned a store on the corner of my block who had parkinsons. In his last year or so we'd see him just kinda wandering around on the streets not really knowing what's going on, where he was, or who he was. It wasn't an ending he deserved.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #146046

Fuck dude, that is some scary shit
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #146048

Oh yeah, used to be I'd start taking my keys out right outside my door but because he's home sometimes I do it a few blocks away so I spend as little time as possible on the bottom floor trying to get in. He's a big guy too, easily 6 feet so he has the bulk to back up the crazyness when he's not out of his mind on drugs.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #146146

Zilenan91 wrote:I was getting on the bus today and there was a free seat next to a guy near the back. I ask him if I can sit there, and he says, "Nah, my dealer sits there." Thinking he was joking I laugh, and then he says, "No, no I'm serious," So I sit in the seat behind him. Eventually another dude comes up and sits next to him and they talk a bit before the first dude gets off, then I go on my way.
Thats what happens when you sit in the nigger seats.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #146176

Here I sit, broken hearted
Tried to shit but only farted
Later on, I took a chance
Spoiler:
Tried to follow my dreams
Went bankrupt and brought shame to my family
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #146219

EndgamerAzari wrote:Here I sit, broken hearted
Spoiler:
Azari is like an ricercari african savannah
an elaborate polyphonic composition
making extensive use of contrapuntal imitation
and usually very slow in tempo
For no matter how down he may spiral
He will always meme something to me
in my heart he stays
king of the safari
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #146226

alphabetized my manga collection today since i bought a shitton more, managed to fill up a couple more shelves. gonna need another one soon, ill have to creep around garage sales/craigslist and see if i can find a decent one on the cheap
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #146376

TheWiznard wrote:
EndgamerAzari wrote:Here I sit, broken hearted
Spoiler:
Azari is like an ricercari african savannah
an elaborate polyphonic composition
making extensive use of contrapuntal imitation
and usually very slow in tempo
For no matter how down he may spiral
He will always meme something to me
in my heart he stays
king of the safari
wat

My Weight Watchers meeting got cancelled today. That means I have an extra week to try to un-fuck my progress!
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #146560

Today I found out I'm going to be a permanent Disney employee instead of a seasonal. Another step in the cult of Disney.

Also my great grandma turned 92 this week, I'm pretty sure I'm going to live forever. My genes so are so good, I love them.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #146612

Pride goeth before being run over by a bus.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #146646

Alan Rickman's died.

Everyone's dropping like flies.
私は完璧
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #146651

i cannot believe snape is dead
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #146653

He killed Dumbledore. He had it coming for years.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #146654

I finally figured out how to program my old casio cfx-9850gc plus
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #146657

so i'm uploading the changelog and youtube changed something again
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #146658

If relevant, this has been the case on Twitch for quite some time:

The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #146739

Remie Richards wrote:Alan Rickman's died.

Everyone's dropping like flies.
TO GOD DAMNED FUCKING CANCER. AGAIN.

I fucking hate cancer. I hate it. First you take all those fuckers we love then you're dragging out taking my dad. Mother fucker, I'm gonna bust down cancer's door and blow off it's kneecaps and fuck it's dead mother's corpse while it bleeds out, duct taped and chained to the wall so it can watch.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #146741

I don't mean this to sound rude, but some of the people who were young enough to work when we were growing up, are now getting old, meaning they will start to die with ever higher frequency. I know that there is a bit of an adjustment period when people start to realize that whoever was relevant to them start to die, and when this number becomes non-insignificant, but seriously. People you know by name will die. If you're in your 20s, this number will increase for the next few years of your life and then remain high for the rest of your life. That's how it works.

Sorry for the rant. I'm subscribed to ycombinator's news 500+ likes thing, and recently the only things that came through are articles about famous mathematicians of CS people dying, or death anniversaries and such. Literally as I was writing this, a new bulletin came through to disprove me though. Apparently there's a client bug in OpenSSH. Finally something interesting to read about and not the biographies of people who did something important 60 years ago and therefore deserve to buzz my wrist, unlike genuinely important CS news. Sorry, I'm bitter. :D
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #146746

Personally I completely understand that. I'm just especially bitter about cancer given how much it is effecting my personal life.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #146799

Someone robbed the Subway sandwich shop in my town.

They asked for six hundred dollars, but really, it seemed closer to five and a half
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #146858

Finally after all this job searching bs i might actually have found one in my field. Here is hoping i can finally quit my mcshittles job please god
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #146884

Maccus wrote:Someone robbed the Subway sandwich shop in my town.

They asked for six hundred dollars, but really, it seemed closer to five and a half
if you make this joke ever again i will actually punch
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #146889

Sadly, I do not get it.

Never even seen a Subway.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #146890

The joke is their sandwiches are not as long as they claim
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #146906

I thought it was a joke about Jarred.
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #147025

my brother did a thing in a studio that's like Exclusive and it's rad
[youtube]ES7Yp46Q5Hg[/youtube]
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #147224

Just watched Andrew Dice Clay presents the Blue Show. Haven't laughed that hard in years.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #147236

420weedscopes wrote:my brother did a thing in a studio that's like Exclusive and it's rad
[youtube]ES7Yp46Q5Hg[/youtube]
he's the one singing or? still really noice
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #147292

Recently purchased an Ibanez DE-7 and a DigiTech Death Metal. I am tempted to upgrade my amp setup to an Orange Tiny Terror and one of their cabs.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #147294

Holy fuck. I did it. I actually landed a fucking awesome job relevant to my biotech degree. Is this real life?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #147301

Is this just fantasy?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #147310

Blood, stool, or urine?
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #147318

TheWiznard wrote:he's the one singing or? still really noice
yeppers
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #147441

Youse fucks what knows computahs

Which is better to learn: .NET/C# or Java?
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #147445

EndgamerAzari wrote:Youse fucks what knows computahs

Which is better to learn: .NET/C# or Java?
Depends where you want to run your applications.
Java is basically multi-plat out the box, no extra work from you.
C# requires you use a framework like Mono instead of .Net (Mono is an open source multi-platform implementation of .Net and most .Net code works in it without any edits)

Personally I like C# more than Java.

With C# (assuming you have Vistual Studio) you have the ability to produce (windows-only) Programs really easily as the User Interface can literally just be drag and drop using WinForms, with Java you'd need to use a library or spend ages working on your own stuff that -probably- won't look like it belongs on Windows.
私は完璧
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #147446

I guess my question is, which is a more marketable skill? I'm thinking of just completely switching gears and doing The Software Guild's program, and you have to pick which one to specialize in.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #147447

EndgamerAzari wrote:I guess my question is, which is a more marketable skill? I'm thinking of just completely switching gears and doing The Software Guild's program, and you have to pick which one to specialize in.
Java is on more machines (it runs on Toasters, I'm not kidding, there probably -is- a toaster out there running Java, there certainly are smart fridges running java) so by pure number of possible machines and possible clients, Java is probably best for you.
私は完璧
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #147467

Funfact: There's some computer controlled toasters that have more powerful CPUs than the processor that landed apollo on the moon.

Learn C#, I see it advertised a lot more often.
Plus java is a horrible inefficient language that's basically the professional equivalent of byond, it needs to die in a fire.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #147473

If you learn Java you can always earn the dosh by going to minecraftforums.net and asking for $10-15 for every 13year olds mod suggestion. Hey, while you're being :shades: savage about it you could start hosting a mine craft server. I remember in HS me and my friend basically infected our whole school with mine craft he made like $600 dollars over the summer by offering really shitty packages to middle/high schoolers... Fuck people were really dumb.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #147600

Somehow managed to lose two kilos without trying.

Must be because I finally had some physical work to do, had rip out and put a new ict suite in a school last week
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #147624

Learning how to program is more about learning the basic skillset you need for any programming language. That means how to design and implement an algorithm, how to prevent code duplication by moving code you need a lot to separate functions, how to deal with types, data structures and such. For example Java is an object oriented programming language, which requires a particular style of programming. The C languages also support object oriented programming but they're imperative as well.

Then there's functional languages like Clean that you write more like mathematical functions than computer instructions, but those are an entirely different boat.
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #147633

I guess if Java's easy to learn I can try to learn it on my own after the formal coursework on .NET/C#.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #147647

Learning your first language has some degree of difficulty.
Learning your second language is usually more difficult than your first, because you tend to do it before you've mastered the first one, and you've also taken some quirks from the first language for granted and adapting can be hard.
All languages after you learn your second language are however much, much easier.

Of course, if you learn Java and C# and then attempt to learn SML (functional programming), you'll run into a lot of difficulty, as that is a very different language. Same if you only know these languages and then attempt to learn Matlab or R (Mathematics); or Prolog (logical programming) or SQL (Relational database); or Mongo (Objective database); or XAML (Makrup language); or WSDL (Description language); or Siemens Micro-controller Language (Visual language); or ARM4 (Assembly language); ...

Also, please don't get into the distinction of where "programming language" begins and ends, because when you'll have to learn a language as bullshit as WSDL, the distinction between programming language and non-programming language will be irrelevant. You, as a programmer, will have to deal with it and learn it.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #147651

if you want a challenge give task-oriented programming a try in Clean
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #147655

I think I'm gonna go for it. I'm going to try to save up some money and try to get into the Software Guild's cohort (what they call their sessions) sometime later this year.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #147657

I wouldn't call SQL a hard language to learn, I'd barely call it a programming language.

But it does earn you oodles of bux, although you're mainly getting paid to turn raw numbers into pretty graphs the cocaine-addled brains of the suits can understand.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #147675

SQL is a fourth generation programming language; you no longer specify how to do something, you just say what you want
C++ and Java are third generation, you don't have to tell the computer where to store data, just what to store and what to do with it
Assembly is second generation, you don't need to enter the machine code itself but you do have to specify where to store data
and finally there's machine code. if you enjoy coding in machine code you probably also enjoy punching yourself in the nuts
Spoiler:
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #147756

a fucking gym opened near me
i live in bumfuck nowhere the community is all male farmers right
so i was hype to start exercising again and look cute af
the gym is female only.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #147778

i need to do a sport or something, im 21 and i have no special talents to speak of. despite it all i kinda regret not doing that much in high school and i dont want to feel the same way about college, and im already almost halfway through. but then again it's just like, so i do it in college, then what? sports just kind of drop off after that point, you either go pro or it just becomes a thing like "oh yeah i did that in college." maybe ill just do chess or something, i dunno, i just want to be able to say that i have skill in something. i mean ffs im not even that good at video games and thats most of what i do in my free time.

IN OTHER RANT NEWS

i need some advice.
ill spare you the whole long HBO drama story of family issues i have, but suffice to say that in my mind i dont have grandparents on either side. the issue at hand at this junction is with my father's side, whom with most communications with them come from birthday cards with some money in them which i reply with a quick thank you card with the generic "thanks for the money / school's good / i'm good / happy holidays" (since my birthday is a week before christmas my cards are kind of duo holiday/bday). and a part of the whole family issue thing is that we haven't been to the family christmas party in...hell, must be close to a decade now. maybe over that even. at any rate, my parents have made the (in my opinion) foolish decision to try and reconnect with them, which i have been taking no part in; however, during their most recent visit, they apparently gave my parents a box saying that it had all the money they would have given me for the christmas parties since we stopped.

so here's my problem: if my assumption is correct about the contents (parents have not opened it out of courtesy), that box probably contains a fairly substantial lump of cash in it that can't really be reciprocated with my usual letter, and this feels more like one of their bids to try and get an awkward and unwanted dinner out of me. Other than said awkwardness, there are two reasons this is bad: one, they would more than likely be able to fish my phone number / location out of me and therein try to reconnect (which i have no interest in), and two, they might try to bring my brother, who is a WHOLE other can of worms and honestly is not even worth the energy to type about. again, suffice to say that he's straight-up trash.

SO.

the way i see it i have a few options:
1) give the box back with a "no thank you," which WILL result in them saying something along the lines of "but you took the birthday money before, why not now?", which they WILL use against my parents, who don't need that shit when they are honestly (if again imo misguidedly) trying to reconnect;
2) i take the money and write a card like normal, in which they WILL say "only a card for [money amount]?", which they will use against my parents
3) i accept the money and agree to the inevitable dinner request and the slippery slope that will come after

as you can see, none of these are good for me. i mean, one and two could get ME off the hook, but again, my parents dont deserve the shit they would get for it. what do you guys think i should do?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #147781

Edit : Actually I want to say this in a different way. You as a person don't really need to know a skill like that, it's all on who your friends are. When I was going through high school all my friends were in band, so I took band and got some really great social experiences out of that. That's really the whole point of extracurricular activities, not because you want to make profit off of them, but because you find them fun.

As far as the box goes, you gotta decide that for yourself man. That's not advice that anyone in the world but you can give you.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Deitus

Post by Deitus » #147786

Zilenan91 wrote:Basically fuck sports. Only 1 out of like a million people will ever make an even remotely livable wage. You wanna know a useful skill? Music. Took four years of that shit in high school and they granted me a scholarship if I took part in their orchestra. Now since you're already so late into college I don't know what to tell you.
i've actually been playing tuba since 5th grade, but its not anything to write home about and the last time i played was my senior year in HS for marching band. i agree about the sports thing, but i just kind of want to develop a SKILL, y'know? the only thing i can think of that's remotely interesting i have is that i've been told i'm a fairly decent writer, which sure i find enjoyable, but i always end up playing vidya or reading manga in my free time instead of writing down a story idea that pops up every now and then. thats why im leaning more towards chess or something, i want something that i can point to and be like, "yeah fam i'm really good at [xxxxxx]." i really like chinese GO, but there's no club for that. i want to try and find something that i can carry over and do after college, but the only thing i can really find that interests me is like, the magic the gathering club or the smash bros club.

i dunno. its late, ill look over the list of clubs tomorrow and see if something stands out to me.