Hulkamania runs wild on Gawker Media (THE RIDE NEVER ENDS)

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Hulkamania runs a train on Gawker Media

Post by DrPillzRedux » #173281

Bottom post of the previous page:

This thread needs to be renamed.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Hulkamania runs a train on Gawker Media

Post by Ricotez » #173296

DrPillzRedux wrote:This thread needs to be renamed.

5 minutes in photoshop
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Re: Hulkamania runs wild on Gawker Media (THE RIDE NEVER END

Post by Luke Cox » #176983

tfw Gawker thinks they can escape

"Now Denton is trying to get the whole $140 million award knocked down to $1 million or less."
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #180243

http://archive.is/qgWeW#selection-3195.0-3195.54
Judge Campbell denies Gawker's motion for a new trial. She will not reduce the $140m damages at all. #hulkvsgawk
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #180259

FUCKIN RIGHT BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROTHER!
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #180292

OH YEAAAAHHHH
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #180389

There is no escape.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #180451

I don't know anything about social media but we should try and get #justiceforhulk trending on twitter
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #180763

http://nypost.com/2016/05/26/gawker-fou ... -judgment/

Nick Denton thinks he can escape the sinking ship
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #180913

Luke Cox wrote:http://nypost.com/2016/05/26/gawker-fou ... -judgment/

The Hulkster won't stop. The Hulkster can't be stopped. Gawker received an all expense paid trip to the Summer Slam, and there are no take backs.
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:We're all friends here.
What fucking planet are you living on
oranges wrote: i'm not taking advice from a bottom bitch
OOC: IcePacks: vtubers
OOC: IcePacks: anime
OOC: IcePacks: two mistakes mankind has yet to rectify
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #181049

Luke Cox wrote:http://nypost.com/2016/05/26/gawker-fou ... -judgment/

>Forbes broke the news on Wednesday that Silicon Valley billionaire Peter Thiel, still fuming that Gawker’s Valleywag outed him as gay in 2007, was funding Hogan’s legal costs.
>Thiel, a PayPal co-founder, acknowledged he was backing Hogan’s suit in an interview with The New York Times.

Oh man, this is great
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #181050

It's like pissing off a lot of people has a nasty way of catching up to you

In other news, karma
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #185553

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/11/busin ... .html?_r=0

aaaaand they're going under

tbh it's not even the hogan thing that makes me want to see them sink, it's their smug fuckin' attitude about smearing everyone's shit everywhere like it's some sort of public service.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #185556

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/201 ... itter_page

EDIT: what the fuck man, it said nothing about another post when I was writing mine
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #185559

>when you realize some bigger, scummier media company will swallow them up and keep their shit on the net
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #185607

paprika wrote:>when you realize some bigger, scummier media company will swallow them up and keep their shit on the net
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #185623

Basically the "outing some guy as gay and being smug about it" thing has lost them the moral high ground and it's a great club to beat over the head of their supporters who back them purely because they're Kotaku and the gamergate crowd want to see them burn, or 'cause "hulk said a racist thing in private you guys that makes him objectively evil"

I'm just happy to see 'em burn, no matter who it is that's lowering them into the fire
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #185708

It'll be interesting if Ziff Davis snaps them up. Back alley knife-fight between the editors of Askmen.com and Jezebel when?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #185743

As a former law student I find it especially funny that Gawker decided to violate a court order.

That is pretty much on par with logging out when an admin bwoops you, judges can do pretty much anything they want to you if they find you in contempt of court. Like it would have been completely legal for the judge to say "Alright, I am putting the CEO and everyone involved in choosing to violate this court order in in jail, no right to trial for 16 months. And if you don't pull it down during that time I can keep doing it." 30 days is more standard, but it would be possible for the judge to just outright jail the people who made the choice at Gawker for over a year.

Regardless of if you feel like Gawker is evil or not, just looking at how they act from an understanding of PR and the law shows that they as a company don't have their shit together. Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever violate a court order, even if you know its BS, because the courts really don't like the idea of society feeling its ok to just ignore the court system when it tells you to do something, which is why most of the rules of fair play just go out the window and the Judge can kick your shit in. Doesn't matter if you are Jesus Christ, you don't just up and up refuse to follow a court order if you don't want to get your shit rocked, you instead fight it by going through the process.

Gawker will not be winning any appeals, because no judge is going to want to blow a hole in the American court system by creating a precedent where it is ok to outright ignore a court order because it went against your interests or beliefs.
Last edited by dezzmont on Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #185745

Unless the judge is a fucking shill (read: a lot of them)
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #185747

Trust me, contempt of court is basically the best way to put a judge in full triggered mode. Every judge, regardless of political leanings, has a vested interest in making sure people respect the legitimacy of the US court system. No judge would ignore anyone violating a court order. Once the order has been served, you need to be super careful, because it means the law will come down on you hard if you fuck up.

In the SS13 metaphor, a court order is like an admin bwonking you telling you not to set that bomb off in the main hall. If you do it, you are fucked. Its done. Your over. Pack it in. You will never win your case in a milion bajillion years because Judges don't like it when you personally fuck with them, which is what a contempt of court charge is. Contempt of court is basically the judge telling you personally your an asshole and he accuses you and finds you guilty of being an asshole in the eyes of the court.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #185863

Unless you're sleeping with the host
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #204643

Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #204648

[youtube]rHJoj9IqeKg[/youtube]
Bring back papercult.

Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #204662

Now if only Jezebel would have burned up too
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #204664

GIT

FUKKEN

REKT
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #204683

I'm glad that article refers to them as "bloggers".

All is well with the world.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?