Military power

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Re: Military power

Post by ColonicAcid » #67350

Bottom post of the previous page:

They have a fuckton of midget submarines.
That's why they have so so many "submarines." They're literally there for them to send with one/two persons and fire one or two torpedos and hope to god the ship sinks.
Probably won't work though.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #67397

skynet
私は完璧
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #67400

AI rogue, call the space shuttle.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #67825

Steelpoint wrote:I'm more interested in exactly why North Korea apparently has the most submarines in the world.
Well see they used to have that many warships but they inevitably sank because >North Korea

So they decided, in true NORK fashion, to claim they were submersibles.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #67879

Well googling it told me they are actually semi-suberible boats designed for infiltration and maybe those kidnappings they used to do. Basically what would happen if a uboat fucked a speed boat.

Being cunts they arm them but they are hardly military craft and my guess is they are just armed to force destruction of the boat if confronted by actual navy or coastguard. Some more submariney some more speedboaty, basically made for sneaking.
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Post by Comrade Leo » #67886

I'm going to go out on a limb and say they are used for suicide frogmen when the US decides to park it's fleet in the yellow sea.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #85692

Comrade Leo wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and say they are used for suicide frogmen when the US decides to park it's fleet in the yellow sea.
Maybe that's the theory, but it's pretty doubtful that North Korea has enough competent frogmen to carry out such an operation. Combat swimmers are pretty much the most expensive and difficult to train special forces there are. Look how long, expensive and difficult the training pipeline for one singular US Navy SEAL, and those guys are generalists that have only conduced one known successful combat swimmer mission, and it came pretty close to going horribly wrong (almost got ran over by a cargo ship). North Korea though has used minisubs to attack South Korean shipping harbors/lanes and kidnap South Koreans/Japanese civilians. It's a far cry from doing it against the US Navy though.