AITA for walking out of my house in shock over my wife’s priorities?

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

AITA for walking out of my house in shock over my wife’s priorities?

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #589946

Would just like to preface this by saying I (37M) walked out not in malicious protest but because I wanted to cool off.

So here goes: my wife (38F) and daughter (11) got into a jokey discussion about alien invasions and apocalyptic situations.

Then my daughter asks if my wife would protect her in this situation and my wife says “ I love you more than I’ll love anybody else in the world.”

Yes, she says this in front of me. My wife then puts her arm around my shoulder and goes on to say that her father- aka me- and I would use each other as shields against any danger that comes to her. Meaning she’d gladly sacrifice me.

At that point, I picked up my keys and said “ gee thanks- go ahead and start lunch without me.” My wife suddenly gets self righteous and says there was no way I could expect to choose a spouse over a kid.

I felt like she had just shit on our entire marriage and life vows. And the principle aside, the fact I was furious I think should have been enough to excuse me leaving the house.

So I left the house and drove around to cool off.

Then I went over to my sister’s house because I told her how upset I was and as a result, she and her spouse invited me to have dinner with them.

I may have ignored some calls from my wife but she knew where I was and in addition, I just couldn’t see her or be in the house at the moment. I always felt like my wife loved the kids more than me, and it hurts.

The fact that she would hypothetically and do casually throw me to the wolves was making me question if I loved her more than she loved me and if so, why I bothered to give her my loyalty. When there could be other women, like my sister, who valued their spouse more than anything.

AITA? Not for my beliefs but for the fact that I took the time to cool off.

I needed this time because I was seriously and suddenly regretting a lot of the sacrifices I made for this woman, when it wasn’t like I didn’t have other options, women in their early twenties who have hit on me but who I ignored in favor of the woman who I thought would put me first.
thehogshotgun
Byond Username: Thehogshotgun

Re: AITA for walking out of my house in shock over my wife’s priorities?

Post by thehogshotgun » #589947

digg moment!
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #589953

fake and gay
thehogshotgun
Byond Username: Thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #589980

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:Image

fake and gay
dumbass
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #589982

I can't believe we trusted and gave real advice for the ice cream thread. shame on you!
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #589991

gross
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #590023

You can sacrifice yourself all you want, but the shotgun never misses.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information