Watercooler/Slowchat 2: Son of Watercooler

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Re: Watercooler/Slowchat 2: Son of Watercooler

Post by Remie Richards » #134552

Bottom post of the previous page:

I hate people that post a picture that's faked.
I mean, if you're going to try to argue something don't base it on lies.
if you're just memeing, that your tastes are bad.
私は完璧
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #134554

Remie Richards wrote:I hate people that post a picture that's faked.
isnt your avatar from the comic about the feral kid that was cultured but turned out to be a guy?
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #134555

Deitus wrote:
isnt your avatar from the comic about the feral kid that was cultured but turned out to be a guy?
You're the first person to know that without asking lol, ya.
私は完璧
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #134574

Remie Richards wrote:
Deitus wrote:
But I asked you about it months ago and I was right.
Hey.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #134702

Nienhaus wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
Deitus wrote:
Did you!?
私は完璧
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #134714

I got another job offer on LinkedIn

they're all after my dick degree in cyber security

wish I already had it...
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #134726

Go for it, they want the skills not the paper that says you have those skills.
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #134735

Remie Richards wrote:
Nienhaus wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
Deitus wrote:
Did you!?
Yeah.
Hey.
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #134739

this week's changelog will consist of me looking & feeling like shit
being in a hurricane for half a week will do that to you
fuck dude
hate
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #134798

Dammit.

My car wouldn't start Tuesday night and it was in the shop all day yesterday. They thought it might just be a bad battery, but they replaced it and it still won't start, so now they're gonna have to tow it into the shop and open it up to look at it. This is gonna be expensive.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #134928

Hey guys, remmember when Google had serifs in its logo, wasn't that dumb of them?
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #134929

LiamLime wrote:Hey guys, remmember when Google had serifs in its logo, wasn't that dumb of them?
google should do comic sans for april fools
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #135006

Sister brought home egg nog yesterday

Tried it

Turned the bathroom into a warzone because it wasn't real egg nog, some probiotic shit that only has the tiniest portion of milk in it and no eggs whatsoever
I still can't keep food down
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #135017

we're supposed to get a shitton of rain today that will then transform into 11 inches of snow

inches

fuck midwest weather.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #135031

Goddammit, my car is still in the shop and it probably won't be done today. I had plans this weekend, too.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #135090

EndgamerAzari wrote:Goddammit, my car is still in the shop and it probably won't be done today. I had plans this weekend, too.
pfffffft, who needs to go out on weekends when you have spessmen? fuckin' normie.

in other news i wonder why the guys in my dorm always moan super loudly and sexually whenever they play smash bros

seriously its like 4-6 guys in there and they're just like "myoOoOoOoh yeah spam that laser boi" and "oh baby im gonna smash im gonna smash...!"

it gets kind of awkward at times, even if they're being ironic :C
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #135099

Deitus wrote:
EndgamerAzari wrote:Goddammit, my car is still in the shop and it probably won't be done today. I had plans this weekend, too.
pfffffft, who needs to go out on weekends when you have spessmen? fuckin' normie.
I was gonna go play board games and other nerd shit you fuckin' pud
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #135113

EndgamerAzari wrote:
Deitus wrote:
I was gonna go play board games and other nerd shit you fuckin' pud
nice try normie you cant fool me, pics or it didnt happen/wasnt going to happen
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #135149

Having seen your picture I decided to peek my head out of the window...

Fucking snow down near Leeds too!
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #135153

Ok what the hell.
I just looked out of *MY* window and everything's covered in snow!

England what are you DOING.
私は完璧
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #135155

Meanwhile in Edinburgh it isn't even raining. WHAT.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #135175

What is "snow"
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #135180

reminder that you will be hearing christmas carols within 7 days.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #135181

Takeguru wrote:What is "snow"
It's pretty much a glimpse into the depths of hell. A frozen chaos brewed in the darkest recesses of the Lucifer's Dungeon

fuck snow I hate it
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #135209

Deitus wrote:reminder that you will be hearing christmas carols within 7 days.

another month of happy-go-lucky recycled-every-year musical bullshit
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #135215

>Within 7 days

Hahahahaha I wish.
It's been happening since p.much the day after Halloween.

also the snow didn't settle surprisingly, so the perfect white blanket is now GONE ;_;
私は完璧
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #135232

AYY TORNADOES IN CALIFORNIA THIS IS AN EXPECTED AND WELCOME WEATHER PATTERN
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #135244

Ricotez wrote: another month of happy-go-lucky recycled-every-year musical bullshit
>month

hahahhahahahahah yeah right, try 2 months minimum
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #135261

I guess one of the good things about living in the Netherlands is that we have Saint Nicholas' Eve on December 5th and the christmas songs usually don't start until after that

on the other hand you cannot go 10 meters without seeing something related to Saint Nicholas in November
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #135263

Had to take codeine pain killers after my ear operation.
Codeine is basically a weakened form of morphine, which is an opiate like heroin.

Stopped taking them the other day...
Remember that scene in trainspotting where Rentboy was saying what the effects of heroin are on the bowels and then what happens to him because his last hit was wearing off?

Yeah.... I only wish it was as easy as it was in the film. Felt like trying to push a stone out.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #135265

got like 4 inches *of snow* so a far northern indiana. fml
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #135455

>literally all of the uk got snow
>except for the worcester/malvern area
t h a n k s
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #135737

420weedscopes wrote:>literally all of the uk got snow
>except for the worcester/malvern area
t h a n k s
thankfully I had to cut up 6 deer all day yesterday and didn't have to spend any time in the snow. I think I'm weirdly getting used to de-boning & grinding deer up.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #135738

It was 18F (about -8C) out this morning and the heat in the office broke. It's back on now, but a building this big and old takes FOREVER to warm up.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #135757

TheWiznard wrote:thankfully I had to cut up 6 deer all day yesterday and didn't have to spend any time in the snow. I think I'm weirdly getting used to de-boning & grinding deer up.
nice
venison tasty af
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #135762

Up here in canadaland we got snow too, and it looks like it is here to stay. Kinda sucks, but the in between slushy melty bullshit is way worse in my opinion
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #135779

420weedscopes wrote:
TheWiznard wrote:thankfully I had to cut up 6 deer all day yesterday and didn't have to spend any time in the snow. I think I'm weirdly getting used to de-boning & grinding deer up.
nice
venison tasty af
We tend to make burgers out of it mostly but this year we left some stew meat and some chops. And it lasts us pretty much the whole year and really saves on food money when your income is lower than 5k a year
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #135789

Finally got my car back after five days without it. Ran me $600 but at least I'm mobile again.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #135843

EndgamerAzari wrote:Finally got my car back after five days without it. Ran me $600 but at least I'm mobile again.
>winter
>going outside

literally why
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #135901

Deitus wrote:
EndgamerAzari wrote:Finally got my car back after five days without it. Ran me $600 but at least I'm mobile again.
>winter
>going outside

literally why
Because I have a damn job and I own a coat.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #135998

Yeah tell em boi
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #136031

Got an email from Georgia State saying that they're working on setting up my travel arrangements for my interview next week. Even if I don't get this job, it'll be nice to go to Atlanta for a day.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #136072

EndgamerAzari wrote:
Deitus wrote:
>winter
>going outside

literally why
Because I have a damn job and I own a coat.
>any year
>having a job rather than living off of good boy points
>there are people in the world that dont get to eat tendies every day

i almost feel bad for you
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #136103

I'm not certain we're speaking the same language any more.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #136289

TheWiznard wrote:We tend to make burgers out of it
genius
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #136404

Damn normies get out of my board reeeeeeeeeeeee
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #136425

A piece of hair moved in front of my face and I dropped my glasses because I thought it was a spider on me...
*sigh* what a good start to today.

Avatar truly appropriate for this, 8 o'clock is stupid.
私は完璧
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #136430

Hah, I got up earlier than that and was fine.

Except for the empty fridge. Need to go foraging...
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #136438

I spent an entire seminar today recovering my password for the login I needed for the seminar

EDIT: oh boy, the webmaster wasn't happy with that, rather than telling me the reset password he instead gave me a riddle to guess it...
Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #136443

That's a new one.

Better than when my password turned up invalid and not even one of our local doctorates in computer science could figure out why until an hour later.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #136499

the riddle was that he broke my password in half, added the same salt to both the pieces and then generated MD5 hashes from them. my job was to recover the original halves of the password from those hashes, the salt and the knowledge that the full password consisted of 8 lower-case letters. so actually not really a riddle, more of a puzzle.

I don't know how much you guys know about hashes, but the point of a good hash is that you can't reverse it. the best solution i could find was to bruteforce all possibilities and compare which hashes matched the two that were given, which wasn't that hard fortunately since there were only 4 variable characters for the inputs of both hashes. that means that in worst case you only have to do 26^4 computations, which is cheese cake for a computer. once i solved all the compiler errors the program i wrote to do it for me finished in less than 10 seconds.

i submitted the code to him to rub it in his face that he has to come up with something better before i beg him to give my password to me.
Spoiler: