jackrip peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

jackrip peanut

Post by sinfulbliss » #602552

I DONT CARE IM MAKING ANOTHER ONE MORE POWER

is korol really gone though? he had more hours than all the green people here combined
it shouldnt be allowed to perma people that ancient... its like going into a museum and shattering a piece of art
even if the piece of art is one of those shitty "abstract" paintings which is just a shart on a canvas
its been there since 1800 it literally can't be wrong. if it doesn't belong there WHAT EVEN DOES?

but really we talkin like...forever forever?
i know its hush hush but he better have killed a fuckin baby

domo arigato mr. roboto... we will cherish the times :'(
Spoiler:
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Re: jackrip peanut

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #602553

sinfulbliss wrote:I DONT CARE IM MAKING ANOTHER ONE MORE POWER

is korol really gone though? he had more hours than all the green people here combined
it shouldnt be allowed to perma people that ancient... its like going into a museum and shattering a piece of art
even if the piece of art is one of those shitty "abstract" paintings which is just a shart on a canvas
its been there since 1800 it literally can't be wrong. if it doesn't belong there WHAT EVEN DOES?

1: he is gone
2: you should be allowed to, if korol started murderboning as a non-antag I doubt you would be making this
3: those shitty art pieces suck ass and should be destroyed I don't care how old it is.

4 it's cringe you're making this thread dog, just use the other one, delete this.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #602554

I kinda feel like the response was disproportionate to the offense
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #602559

Jonathan Gupta wrote:

2: you should be allowed to, if korol started murderboning as a non-antag I doubt you would be making this
3: those shitty art pieces suck ass and should be destroyed I don't care how old it is.

4 it's cringe you're making this thread dog, just use the other one, delete this.
new low being called cringe by lord autismo himself
but i dont care i have a bigger cock than you and am confident in my cringe

1: no
2: THIS IS SIMPLY AN INCORRECT OPINION WHICH ENRAGES ME TO EVEN READ. murderbone as nonantag it ruined ONE HOUR OF MY DAY OH NOOOO MY ROUND! GIVE THEM THE BOOT FOR ETERNITY
3: those shitty art pieces are HISTORY, bitch. you are a result of millions of years of HISTORY, every atom in your autistic melted brain is the result of history which SUCKED ASS, sucking ass is good you should try it
Spoiler:
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #602561

sinfulbliss wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:

but i don't care i have a bigger cock than you and am confident in my cringe

2: THIS IS SIMPLY AN INCORRECT OPINION WHICH ENRAGES ME TO EVEN READ. murderbone as nonantag it ruined ONE HOUR OF MY DAY OH NOOOO MY ROUND! GIVE THEM THE BOOT FOR ETERNITY
3: those shitty art pieces are HISTORY, bitch. you are a result of millions of years of HISTORY, every atom in your autistic melted brain is the result of history which SUCKED ASS, sucking ass is good you should try it
you should be honored
1: yes
2: doxxing is a Perma on here dog, if a headmin doxxed I would not doubt they would be permad and exiled.
3: if I shit on a painting(diarrhea)with red paint and did an abstract piece of art 200 years in the future if they find it, would it be oh so good? Autism is genetic dumbass.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #602563

Jonathan Gupta wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:

you should be honored
2: doxxing is a Perma on here dog, if a headmin doxxed I would not doubt they would be permad and exiled.
3: if I shit on a painting(diarrhea)with red paint and did an abstract piece of art 200 years in the future if they find it, would it be oh so good? Autism is genetic dumbass.
1: NO
2: ok listen doxxing is fucked up and bad but let us look at this logically.
a perma ban means a forever ban. that means in 2 years, the ban will stay. in 10 years, the ban will stay. in 50 years the ban will stay.
NORWAY CAN'T EVEN JAIL ANDERS FUCKIN BREIVIK MORE THAN 21 YEARS FOR MASS MURDER
3: yah that's my fuckin point it is genetic and genetics go back millions of years like HISTORY does.
and no it wouldnt be good because you needed to have lived in France and cut your ear off first if you wanted anyone to give a shit
Spoiler:
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #602564

sinfulbliss wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:

you should be honored
a perma ban means a forever ban. that means in 2 years, the ban will stay. in 10 years, the ban will stay. in 50 years the ban will stay.
3: yah that's my fuckin point it is genetic and genetics go back millions of years like HISTORY does.
and no it wouldnt be good because you needed to have lived in France and cut your ear off first if you wanted anyone to give a shit
2: if I revealed your personal info IP address your credit card your real name your mother's maiden name, should I get permad or a 2 year, 10 year, 50-year ban?
Norway laws suck ass, that's why America is better G. Even I would get life in the sicko mode ward.
3: you said atoms in my brain, not fucking history of atoms. If I cut off both my ears my dick and sewed said dick to my hand and my other ear to my other hand and did all my painting like that but all my painting were painted with different colors of shit, would it be worth anything in the 23rd century?
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #602566

Jonathan Gupta wrote: 2: doxxing is a Perma on here dog, if a headmin doxxed I would not doubt they would be permad and exiled.
Gupta get your facts straight please. Noone doxxed anyone. Doxxing is a serious accusation so stop using the term so lightly. This is how people end up getting labeled as the literal spawn of the devil, by people like you speaking from ignorance and creating gossip.
Someone made a joke in bad taste about doxxing and someone else got on their side. Both are now banned. That's it. Ban is fine because there is a rule for not joking about doxxing, but noone actually doxxed. Okay?

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #602568

Jonathan Gupta wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:

you should be honored
2: if I revealed your personal info IP address your credit card your real name your mother's maiden name, should I get permad or a 2 year, 10 year, 50-year ban?
Norway laws suck ass, that's why America is better G. Even I would get life in the sicko mode ward.
3: you said atoms in my brain, not fucking history of atoms. If I cut off both my ears my dick and sewed said dick to my hand and my other ear to my other hand and did all my painting like that but all my painting were painted with different colors of shit, would it be worth anything in the 23rd century?
1: NOOO
2: i would be exceptionally angry however if you kissed my ass sufficiently enough afterwards and made me confident you wouldnt bother me anymore, I'd be content with like a 2 year ban personally given there was no personal damage to my life as a result
3: abso-fucking-lutely. you'd probably accidentally start some sick dickhand cult that would make you a website too. some RNG though involved
Spoiler:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #602569

3. the shit painting could be good if done by a talented artist in the context of a mental decline leading to his death i agree
NSFW:

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #602570

Agux909 wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote: 2: doxxing is a Perma on here dog, if a headmin doxxed I would not doubt they would be permad and exiled.
Gupta get your facts straight please. Noone doxxed anyone. Doxxing is a serious accusation so stop using the term so lightly. This is how people end up getting labeled as the literal spawn of the devil, by people like you speaking from ignorance and creating gossip.
Someone made a joke in bad taste about doxxing and someone else got on their side. Both are now banned. That's it. Ban is fine because there is a rule for not joking about doxxing, but noone actually doxxed. Okay?
WAIT IT WASN'T EVEN A LEGITIMATE DOX?
THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE
I LIKED IT BETTER WITH GUPTA'S FALSE STORY, CAN WE GO BACK TO THAT?
Spoiler:
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #602571

Agux909 wrote:
fuck. Ya gotta call me out on everything, (thought he doxxed) fuck you for calling me out about my weaponization of the following: escalation
Living God

Extraordinary Person

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #602575

He joked about doxxing vekter's digg account which was also vekter so while I support both not doing shit like this and not using the same username I think a warning would've sufficed for the first instance
NSFW:

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #602579

cacogen wrote:He joked about doxxing vekter's digg account which was also vekter so while I support both not doing shit like this and not using the same username I think a warning would've sufficed for the first instance
i thought i read it was socials, not just a digg account
either way the socials face-reveal thing would suck so thats a nice 6 month chunk for that as reprimand
then like another 6 months as a "fuck you im angry" would be fair... BUT PERMA?
sheeeeeeeesh
Spoiler:
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #602590

Jonathan Gupta wrote: fuck. Ya gotta call me out on everything, (thought he doxxed) fuck you for calling me out about my weaponization of the following: escalation

Okay sorry I had to keep up with my calling out quota of the month. Nothing personal.

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #602591

Maybe I'm just saying what I remember from the thread I skimmed

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 65#p601284
NSFW:

Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #602628

honestly if it was just a joke about doxxing I don't think it'd be a perma.
Yall are forgetting from the actual ban appeal that he went after and threatened a fucking admin who reported his "joke" and tried to get them to shut up about it.
And then lied about doing that and tried to downplay the shit he said and pulled in his ban appeal.

Joking about doxxing by linking a digg account? Not that bad (as far as ONE OF THE WORST THINGS YOU CAN DO ON THE INTERNET goes), aside from the obvious "do not joke about doxxing or else you'll catch a perm". The additional crap he did? Fucking absurd, when added to this already major offense.

Held jackrip in some sort of respect for being mechanically robust in a game that I've never managed to be particularly good at pvp in.
Joking about doxxing, threatening staff who report you, and honestly the fucking downplaying of some really toxic nasty shit that he said ruined any modicum of respect I had. Keep people like that gone.

EDIT: since nobody's linked the screenshots, I might as well link the ban appeal and specifically the response containing screenshots of the crap he said: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 75#p601428
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #602635

Note there's a difference between a perma and a blacklist. you can appeal a perma in like 6 months and have a pretty good chance of getting back in, blacklists are basically shooting you into the sun. You're gone from pretty much everywhere, and it's hard as hell to come back
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #602643

If a man is facing the death penalty, can you really blame him for the actions he takes to save his own life?

edit; no wait i read the logs i take it back jackrip is gay
NSFW:

SuperNovaa41
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: SuperNovaa41

Post by SuperNovaa41 » #602675

Last edited by SuperNovaa41 on Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a maintainer for /tg/

I play Seth Scherer somtimes

Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #602677

cacogen wrote:If a man is facing the death penalty, can you really blame him for the actions he takes to save his own life?

edit; no wait i read the logs i take it back jackrip is gay
he was protecting us from redditors and this is how you talk about him
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #602680

good luck getting into any other peanut threads
this stuff is going everywhere
everyone will know your little scheme
and we will find everyone involved
f wording POS

best wishes,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #602684

sinfulbliss wrote:it shouldnt be allowed to perma people that ancient... its like going into a museum and shattering a piece of art
this is a good thing actually, all art is bad
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #602687

sinfulbliss wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:

you should be honored
Yes but in many countries a business owner is allowed to refuse service to the local homeless schizo who thinks he's a Yeti at his own discretion.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #602688

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:

you should be honored
Yes but in many countries a business owner is allowed to refuse service to the local homeless schizo who thinks he's a Yeti at his own discretion.
I am a yeti...
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #602695

SuperNovaa41 wrote:
Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Joking about doxxing by linking a digg account? Not that bad (as far as ONE OF THE WORST THINGS YOU CAN DO ON THE INTERNET goes), aside from the obvious "do not joke about doxxing or else you'll catch a perm". The additional crap he did? Fucking absurd, when added to this already major off
Joking about doxxing, threatening staff who report you, and honestly the fucking downplaying of some really toxic nasty shit that he said ruined any modicum of respect I had. Keep people like that gone.
That's because the admin/headmins specifically left out the entire conversation and only showed like 3 messages.. Including some shitty stuff by the other party... Teehee
Post them then BITCH
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
SuperNovaa41
Code Maintainer

Post by SuperNovaa41 » #602696

Last edited by SuperNovaa41 on Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #602697

this just proves it

best,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #602701

He's gone, you don't have to make a new thread to cope.
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #602720

Fishimun wrote:He's gone, you don't have to make a new thread to cope.
digg
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #602721

my dude is on life support, the doctors are making him breathe copium.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #602724

SuperNovaa41 wrote:
Cobby wrote:
SuperNovaa41 wrote:
Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Joking about doxxing by linking a digg account? Not that bad (as far as ONE OF THE WORST THINGS YOU CAN DO ON THE INTERNET goes), aside from the obvious "do not joke about doxxing or else you'll catch a perm". The additional crap he did? Fucking absurd, when added to this already major off
That's because the admin/headmins specifically left out the entire conversation and only showed like 3 messages.. Including some shitty stuff by the other party... Teehee
Post them then BITCH
if only things were that simple... i absolutely would because tbh im ashamed of even having that admin on the team lmao
but that would involve breaking the trust of many people and i'm not really up for that
convenient lol
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #602730

Fishimun wrote:He's gone, you don't have to make a new thread to cope.
yes i do and i did and you cant stop me fishman
Spoiler:
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #602735

Log transcript:
Also holy shit the other tgcord im in
doxed [censored]
He's such a fucking loser
lmao
It's his fucking fault
He literally has all his social media profile as [censored]
[...]
I guess i'll have to dox [censored] to prove it to you.
[...]
here
[removed link]
Log transcript, but with the parts that got him banned bolded and the key line also underlined:
Also holy shit the other tgcord im in
doxed [censored]
Hes such a fucking loser
lmao
It's his fucking fault
He literally has all his social media profile as [censored]

[...]
I guess i'll have to dox [censored] to prove it to you.
[...]
here
[mod removed post]

I very much agree this wasn't dox, but jackrip thought it was, thought they were doxxing somebody, and thought it was acceptable to blame said person for it, call it their fault, and laugh at the entire situation.

Rest assured, if you expose your cavalier disregard in the matters of doxxing to us, we won't hesitate to remove you from the community. The anti-doxxing rule isn't to breed compliance, if you needed the rule to not dox, if that wasn't already something you agreed was bad to do, you aren't welcomed here anyways.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #602741

Apologies for the tangent, but I've been doxxed before and it led to people trying to contact my extended family as a joke that got taken too far. They didn't get much of my personal information correct, but due to family members not understanding information hygiene, the doxxers were able to obtain their contact info. I used to be a guy who was way too Online, and in the end I caught the attention of the wrong crowd, and it could have brought consequences to people close to me. I think the most damning thing about most of these situations is how it's often born of insular humor among peers egging each other on until it gets to the point of potentially screwing with someone's life.
This has led to a personally antagonistic view of those sorta joker groups or cliques that regularly get their yokes from trolling and screwing around. More often than not these groups don't hold themselves responsible for their actions, and take it personally when someone has to. Not a very healthy space to be in, I think - People end up surrounding themselves with equally unhealthy folks who will end up preying on the weak members of their own group if and when the little trolling they all get up to runs dry. Do you really want to be in an environment where your personal safety and wellbeing hinges on your loyalty and status to the group? My message to the internet at large is to choose your friends, before your friends choose you (to doxx next time)
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #602744

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:honestly if it was just a joke about doxxing I don't think it'd be a perma.
Yall are forgetting from the actual ban appeal that he went after and threatened a fucking admin who reported his "joke" and tried to get them to shut up about it.
he THOUGHT reported his joke... said admin wasnt involved at all haha
We were contacted regarding a potential dox, and upon learning this information we immediatly began an investigation, screenshots were shared with us, of which I will omit any names beyond your own,
We later learned you messaged another administrator blaming them for telling us this information. And within that conversation stated,
► Show Spoiler
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #602746

I'm going to dox mso's github username
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #602762

MrStonedOne wrote:bread compliance
MSO gonna force us into bread lines to make us comply with his tyranny...
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #602766

Malkraz wrote:
Unlike those of you who spend time browsing furry forums, I don't spell breed that often
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #602767

MrStonedOne wrote:
Malkraz wrote:
Unlike those of you who spend time browsing furry forums, I don't spell breed that often
You're the one with the cat profile pic.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #602768

gupta post
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #602769

Malkraz wrote:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #602787

MrStonedOne wrote: I very much agree this wasn't dox, but jackrip thought it was, thought they were doxxing somebody,
We should agree that what matters in determining punishment is what they were doing, not what they thought they were doing. If Jackrip truly thought he was doxxing, then he simply has an incorrect understanding of what doxxing is. But that's neither here nor there.
MSO wrote:and thought it was acceptable to blame said person for it, call it their fault, and laugh at the entire situation.
I agree that's a shitty thing to do and reflects poorly on one's character, but in the context of what we are now calling a "joke," it is understandable they would laugh in the situation, notwithstanding the harmfulness of said joke.
MSO wrote:if you expose your cavalier disregard in the matters of doxxing to us, we won't hesitate to remove you from the community
I understand this sentiment - if someone is cavalier about it, there is a chance they may actually be a doxer. Joking about doxxing is against the rules because people who don't take doxxing seriously enough, are at a higher risk of doxxing someone. So they are banned to prevent a potential dox. (Correct me if the motive behind the rule is different.)

If that's the case, then the question is simply whether Jackrip is at risk for actually doxxing someone due to his cavalier attitude about it. I don't believe we have reason to believe that's the case. He has been a part of the community for several years now, and has never to my knowledge run into issues with doxxing, or been rumored to have been a doxer. Pose the question to yourself honestly, and you'll likely agree Jackrip wouldn't be a dox risk in the future if he were back in the community.

That said, all bans are a form of punishment. Punishment is used for two purposes: 1) retribution, or 2) getting rid of a behavior. For the latter, ban lengths vary according to how long that might take. More serious offenses imply a more problematic behavior in the offender, which take longer punishments to correct. If Jackrip isn't at a risk of doxxing someone in the future, then there is no behavior to get rid of, so he would not need to be punished according to (2).

Punishment also has an aspect of retribution, though. It's not only to rid the community of the behavior, but to get justice for whoever was wronged. For example: if someone murders my parents because of a grudge they had against them, they may very well not be at risk for murdering in the future. Nevertheless, they should be punished to enact justice for those wronged. That is retribution. It's the same reason I am banned - it is retribution for those I wronged through multikeying.

Jackrip wronged [REDACTED] through his joke about doxxing. I do not know how much damage was done as that is private information. Having to delete one's digg account is significant - I've had one of my longtime forum accounts deleted before and it causes a lot of grief. I'm not sure about what other damage happened, but given the tenor of the ban, I don't believe it was based on retribution, since not a whole lot of personal damage occurred according to my limited knowledge of the situation.

The second reason to ban besides "to punish" is if a player is determined to be a bad addition to the community as a whole. Most bans are in-game, so the "community as a whole" refers to the community of the server itself on BYOND. Jackrip was an amazing addition to the in-game community as a whole, and most players who remember him from the past few years would wholeheartedly agree. He added life to the servers and things often transpired around him. Some people disliked him because he murderboned as an antag, but this is an invalid reason and should be disregarded. He seemed to behave in the Discord community as well. The only place he messed up was in a private Discord off the tg-community-circle. So despite being good additions to most facets of the community, he was banned for what was, in the end, some toxic behavior on a private discord (if my understanding is right).

I don't believe they would be a risk of doing this again, simply because one does not blow a game they've invested 6+ years and 4000+ hours into, over a really bad joke. Given his commitment to the game previously, I imagine they regret it immensely, and likely would not come near such behavior again. But before the regret sets in, anger probably is the first response - anger over the people who caused them the grief of being banned from the place they invested so much of their life into. Those people are the ones he gave that copypasta to, originally. I am sure they will cool off, if they haven't already, and the anger will be mixed with regret, before fully transforming into regret.

For these reasons, it does not make sense to me to keep Jackrip blacklisted. The right thing would be to give them a ban that punishes them proportional to the damage they caused the victim involved. If that wasn't significant, then the ban should not be significant - and a blacklist is very significant. I would encourage MSO and the headmins to consider allowing them to appeal the blacklist after a year, if any of the points I have made resonate with you.
Spoiler:
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #602788

ghost of robustin above

best wishes,
bobbah 'bee' brown

Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #602789

I agree with Sinful's post. ​A ban is deserved but a blacklist is overkill. Please headmins, MSO, reconsider it.

Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #602792

Agux909 wrote:I agree with Sinful's post. ​A ban is deserved but a blacklist is overkill. Please headmins, MSO, reconsider it.
Dox jokes aren't punished by blacklisting, dox jokes ARE blacklisting.
SuperNovaa41
Code Maintainer

Post by SuperNovaa41 » #602793

Last edited by SuperNovaa41 on Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #602797

Screemonster wrote:
Malkraz wrote:
My grandfathers cat looks just like that one
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #602799

sinfulbliss wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote: I very much agree this wasn't dox, but jackrip thought it was, thought they were doxxing somebody,
We should agree that what matters in determining punishment is what they were doing, not what they thought they were doing. If Jackrip truly thought he was doxxing, then he simply has an incorrect understanding of what doxxing is. But that's neither here nor there.
MSO wrote:and thought it was acceptable to blame said person for it, call it their fault, and laugh at the entire situation.
I agree that's a shitty thing to do and reflects poorly on one's character, but in the context of what we are now calling a "joke," it is understandable they would laugh in the situation, notwithstanding the harmfulness of said joke.
MSO wrote:if you expose your cavalier disregard in the matters of doxxing to us, we won't hesitate to remove you from the community
I understand this sentiment - if someone is cavalier about it, there is a chance they may actually be a doxer. Joking about doxxing is against the rules because people who don't take doxxing seriously enough, are at a higher risk of doxxing someone. So they are banned to prevent a potential dox. (Correct me if the motive behind the rule is different.)

If that's the case, then the question is simply whether Jackrip is at risk for actually doxxing someone due to his cavalier attitude about it. I don't believe we have reason to believe that's the case. He has been a part of the community for several years now, and has never to my knowledge run into issues with doxxing, or been rumored to have been a doxer. Pose the question to yourself honestly, and you'll likely agree Jackrip wouldn't be a dox risk in the future if he were back in the community.

That said, all bans are a form of punishment. Punishment is used for two purposes: 1) retribution, or 2) getting rid of a behavior. For the latter, ban lengths vary according to how long that might take. More serious offenses imply a more problematic behavior in the offender, which take longer punishments to correct. If Jackrip isn't at a risk of doxxing someone in the future, then there is no behavior to get rid of, so he would not need to be punished according to (2).

Punishment also has an aspect of retribution, though. It's not only to rid the community of the behavior, but to get justice for whoever was wronged. For example: if someone murders my parents because of a grudge they had against them, they may very well not be at risk for murdering in the future. Nevertheless, they should be punished to enact justice for those wronged. That is retribution. It's the same reason I am banned - it is retribution for those I wronged through multikeying.

Jackrip wronged [REDACTED] through his joke about doxxing. I do not know how much damage was done as that is private information. Having to delete one's digg account is significant - I've had one of my longtime forum accounts deleted before and it causes a lot of grief. I'm not sure about what other damage happened, but given the tenor of the ban, I don't believe it was based on retribution, since not a whole lot of personal damage occurred according to my limited knowledge of the situation.

The second reason to ban besides "to punish" is if a player is determined to be a bad addition to the community as a whole. Most bans are in-game, so the "community as a whole" refers to the community of the server itself on BYOND. Jackrip was an amazing addition to the in-game community as a whole, and most players who remember him from the past few years would wholeheartedly agree. He added life to the servers and things often transpired around him. Some people disliked him because he murderboned as an antag, but this is an invalid reason and should be disregarded. He seemed to behave in the Discord community as well. The only place he messed up was in a private Discord off the tg-community-circle. So despite being good additions to most facets of the community, he was banned for what was, in the end, some toxic behavior on a private discord (if my understanding is right).

I don't believe they would be a risk of doing this again, simply because one does not blow a game they've invested 6+ years and 4000+ hours into, over a really bad joke. Given his commitment to the game previously, I imagine they regret it immensely, and likely would not come near such behavior again. But before the regret sets in, anger probably is the first response - anger over the people who caused them the grief of being banned from the place they invested so much of their life into. Those people are the ones he gave that copypasta to, originally. I am sure they will cool off, if they haven't already, and the anger will be mixed with regret, before fully transforming into regret.

For these reasons, it does not make sense to me to keep Jackrip blacklisted. The right thing would be to give them a ban that punishes them proportional to the damage they caused the victim involved. If that wasn't significant, then the ban should not be significant - and a blacklist is very significant. I would encourage MSO and the headmins to consider allowing them to appeal the blacklist after a year, if any of the points I have made resonate with you.
can I get a tldr, you need an editor.
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #602801

Naloac wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:

can I get a tldr, you need an editor.
TLDR:
sinfulbliss wrote: Having to delete one's digg account is significant - I've had one of my longtime forum accounts deleted before and it causes a lot of grief.