Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Post by technokek » #607790

Last edited by technokek on Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Today the captain told me to maxcap him on the bridge and i got banned for it

Post by Cobby » #607794

Denied, denied, approved; you will be training with Joe
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: Today the captain told me to maxcap him on the bridge and i got banned for it

Post by BONERMASTER » #607795

Let's also find a security officer that we can ban for this.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #607797

BONERMASTER wrote:Let's also find a security officer that we can ban for this.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
Captain who dared him to do it is close enough, right?
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
technokek

Post by technokek » #607798

Last edited by technokek on Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #607817

technokek wrote:
It wasn't just a "dare" the captain kept telling me to do it over then span of 40 min. I don't think the wording dare is fair in this case
I think thats grounds for an appeal for an update to your note then. The word "dare" could be used in multiple contexts.

Like "hit me i dare you" would imply youre ready to retaliate. Was the captain's attidude agressive?

Altho the other use for dare would be something like jokingly "i dare you to do x because it might get you introuble with y" with y being the space gods.

But when youre repeatedly "daring" someone to do it, it starts to be more like "incitement"

Replacing the word "dare" with "incite" would be more accurate to an extent but this is just off of limited information.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #607820

Oh and keep in mind, (this is just a joke since its just spessman game, dont use it as an arguement) the human race has a history of people doing things that they normally wouldnt when an authoritative figure repeatedly tells them to, like ww2.

There was even an experiment where one person would have to press a button or something and then hear someone else scream in pain in response (getting worse as the experiment went on) The test subjects would keep stopping until someone conducting the test ordered them to keep doing it, telling them they "have to"

It went something like that.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #607840

technokek is uh, pretty based
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #607845

"what are you going to do, bomb me?" - Quote from Captain who died in explosion.

From the low information I picked up skimming the thread, looks like you killed someone who wasn't involved while bombing the station on a dare. 24 hour bomb for a wrongful death as non-antag is a basic bitch ban.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #607859

MooCow12 wrote:Oh and keep in mind, (this is just a joke since its just spessman game, dont use it as an arguement) the human race has a history of people doing things that they normally wouldnt when an authoritative figure repeatedly tells them to, like ww2.

There was even an experiment where one person would have to press a button or something and then hear someone else scream in pain in response (getting worse as the experiment went on) The test subjects would keep stopping until someone conducting the test ordered them to keep doing it, telling them they "have to"

It went something like that.
that would be the Milgram Experiment.

It's an interesting read, basically everyone showed signs of not wanting to continue but they kept going because an authority figure told them they had to.
In Milgram's first set of experiments, 65 percent (26 of 40) of experiment participants administered the experiment's final massive 450-volt shock,[1] and all administered shocks of at least 300 volts. Subjects were uncomfortable doing so, and displayed varying degrees of tension and stress. These signs included sweating, trembling, stuttering, biting their lips, groaning, and digging their fingernails into their skin, and some were even having nervous laughing fits or seizures.[1] 14 of the 40 subjects showed definite signs of nervous laughing or smiling. Every participant paused the experiment at least once to question it. Most continued after being assured by the experimenter. Some said they would refund the money they were paid for participating.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #607864

yeah people are dumb, awful and easily lead what else is new
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #607991

Unsure why you appealed. Ban is fair, note is fair.
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #607995

kieth4 wrote:Unsure why you appealed. Ban is fair, note is fair.
Reason: the ban appeal peanut thread grind
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #608000

self peanut, lose 100xp
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
technokek

Post by technokek » #608007

Last edited by technokek on Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #608010

technokek wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:self peanut, lose 100xp
sorry but this thread isnt a peanut, you can see this by the missing link and the fact that this thread is older then the ban appeal
I retract my statement. Clearly you are an enlightened shitposter. May your cultivation be forever strong
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕