Adventures on Manuel

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Adventures on Manuel

Post by Pandarsenic » #633932

With the end of the last thread, viewtopic.php?p=630462

I figured I'd do my own, as a Sybil main/boomer.

My first adventure was latejoining as a security officer 50 minutes into the shift. I greeted people and was soon informed that there was a confirmed cult or heretics.

In the first several minutes of my presence...

The roboticist screams for help, then when I arrive explains that never mind, the person who took her food brought it back.

Someone screams that Bill has ascended. Bill is a cultist, not a Heretic. There are, in fact, no Heretics.

I discover a huge pile of organs in the bar, along with the bartender's discarded gear. I yell in horror on the radio. The HOP shows up and decides that is in fact pretty fucked up.

It is at this moment that cult achieves halos. I inform the HOP that I am feeling exceptionally unqualified right now and he should probably call the shuttle. With the AI's help, we do that and kill power to the bridge. I suit up with all the disablers I can carry and the HOP custom nonhumans cultists at the AI upload. I advise the HOP to grab some armor when he's done as I configure Beepsky into my personal little buddy.

Beepsky stuns a cultist, but as I strip him of his gear, touching his modsuit (?) spontaneously shocks me and he runs away to remove his zipties, which appear not to stop him from opening public-access doors. He has the go-fast robes, so I give up on any chance of actually catching him.

It is at this point that about 6 cultists rush me in the brig corridor. I try to retreat into the brig, but I receive funnyhand and an instakill from Gloves of the North Star.

The brig raid continues until someone better at cult than the people attacking the brig summons them all to Engineering; apparently, they already HAD their sac target. It takes them a little to actually successfully draw the rune, but given basically everybody alive is a cultist by this point, the HOP is downed and converted (apparently with a Syndicate Pie Launcher?).

Naturally, they then summon.

Can't say much about the RP this round, considering I joined at Halo o'Clock, but we'll see some soon(TM), no doubt.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Pandarsenic

Re: Adventures on Manuel

Post by Pandarsenic » #633941

WELL, Round 2 was a doozy.

It starts with us realizing that I, a security officer, and my lizard coworker have both been assigned to medical. On my way to the brig to gear up, I meet an assistant, Bill, who wants gloves from Tech Storage. I see him LURKING with EYES FULL OF GREED, but remind him that he can just ask the AI to let him in, which he does instead of welding the wall down.

Then, the acting Captain steals the Bartender's shotgun. He was a traitor, but this was unrelated and we wouldn't find out until much later, when CentCom turned him into a Puzzle Cube. He gave her, in return, an energy gun - which she then used to attempt to reclaim her shotgun, resulting in a running gun battle all the way to sec, where she was arrested by my lizard coworker. I more or less successfully argued for her freedom, and the Warden managed to convince the officer to apologize for arresting her (even after the bartender riot beanbagged him in the sec office where we were talking), and while I couldn't convince the newly-arrived Warden and the AI that we should demote the Acting Captain, they agreed that another incident would be the tipping point.

The bartender, who had been given a riot shotgun in an attempt to appease her, reappears a little later to return it, saying she used it to get her own shotgun back. I elect not to tell the rest of sec about this, just that she returned the riot shotgun.

Bill makes another appearance, here, as an anomaly appears in the bathroom. He scans and neutralizes it; I grab the soap in the shower to clean up some of the blood being tracked around, including by a moth in medbay. Moving on, I meet a doctor wearing a chicken hat alleging that he is now Doctor Chicken, when I go to the bar to make sure the bartender is doing fine. Then,
Central Command Update

Your Captain HoP person thing has been transferred to another station for a period of time due to considerably deficient IQ. We will provide a puzzle cube containing their equipment in the holodeck. This way, only the most intelligent of you will assume command. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Despite this, the good Mr. Jack Hwacker will in fact greentext, completing only two objectives: Bug the Captain's office and kill Renault.

The moth from earlier and I await there, a few other people coming and going, as the old Acting Captain appears and vanishes a few times, before finally manifesting as a 3x3 puzzle square. The moth begins solving it, and I defer, not wanting to interrupt. I check in Maintenance when I hear hacking sounds and discover a Kilo Moment - an assistant felinid (not Bill) is disassembling the walls blocking off an escape pod.

Having noticed a few doors are damaged, I ask an engineer (Thief, hoard MOD control units and escape alive) to fix them. I believe he does so, for the ones that are merely dented, but we have a bit of an Incident with the Clown (Traitor, greentext, we'll see him again later) at medical. The clown is throwing himself repeatedly into a shocked door. I ask him to stop and he walks around me, attempting to push me into it only to shock himself again.

I baton him and take him to sec.

The Warden wants to call it a 750 gulag sentence for attempted murder, but I argue that the people around us wouldn't have let him. His sentence is lowered to 500. He goes on an adventure. I return to medical to check on the door.

Someone has made a Lean Table with solo cups, presumably explaining the grapes I saw taken there earlier. I decline to drink any of it, instead indulging in the occasional QuadSec made by the bartender for each member of sec, allegedly for us all taking her side in the HOP Acting Captain's shittery. In fact, she is a thief who needs batons, but she won't be getting a chance to go for them for reasons that you'll see soon.

A new actual captain brings us the HOP's unlocked uplink, with 22 TCs. We debate the morals of using it or not. I suggest we get something for illegal tech, if the Captain can get in touch with CentCom about the idea, and the Warden suggests we spend anything CentCom doesn't want on briefcases full of cash. While we talk, the Clown's sentence completes. I go to make sure he gets all his stuff, and he cries about having been turned into a hardened criminal by his time in the gulag. We bemoan the failures of carceral justice as a system together, and he leaves in a prison jumpsuit, his old uniform being "no longer him."

Remember this moment later.

I return, having seen the clown off, to get lasers to fight a spider infestation. Just before I get there, the brig fucking explodes, critting basically the entire security team. My talk with the clown is the only thing that saved me from the same. I extract the captain and get bystanders to epipen the captain, Warden, and other Officer.

Only the captain and I survive.

With the captain back on his feet, we bring their bodies, one each, to medical. A lizard chemist directs us to put them both in a surgery room and then pulls a syndicate bomb on us. The captain and I both evade it, and the captain returns moments later to laser the chemist to death, giving no fucks about the hull breach he's standing on to do it, while I call for an engineer to repair the floor.

It is at this point that a fucking cough/sneeze virus breaks out.

Something - possibly another breach - kills the only living doctor, when a miner I warn NOT to bring him into the treatment room brings his already-crit body from a totally different direction into the treatment room... and the cold immediately finishes him off. RIP Doctor Chicken. I use a morgue tray to preserve his body, and he makes it beep at me. In a stroke of genius, I take a body OFF a stasis bed and use a morgue tray on that instead, bringing the Doctor back out.

I then, because all of medical is fucking dead, perform the world's slowest surgery, one coughdropped hemostat at a time, to revive the doctor. The captain, meanwhile, revives on the other stasis bed none other than Bill. We agree that he should make the Modafinil we need for the virus and nobody is going to look at it too closely as I revive the doctor. With him back on his feet-

The clown careens into medical in a clown car and all hell breaks loose. He is detained by a borg, but we realize that with the brig bombed out (and the shuttle called) there's not much we can do but hold him at escape. I bring the suicide bomber chemist in a body bag and the borg brings the clown, who somehow escapes the borg's grasp and runs for the escape airlock, spacing himself (and the borg, who tried to bring him back)

I decide to call it a day and try to recover the sec modsuits (I can't) in case things get more fucked up (they do). A traitor kills the Captain on the bridge and summons an unknown threat with minutes to go. Bill and I recover the body, but the traitor is nowhere to be seen.

As a final insult, a janitor I had briefly talked to earlier to ask him to clean some blood up and to show him to his closet WAS ALSO A TRAITOR, and he detonated some sort of highly toxic grenade on the shuttle, killing himself and several others.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #633942

WELL, Round 2 was a doozy.

It starts with us realizing that I, a security officer, and my lizard coworker have both been assigned to medical. On my way to the brig to gear up, I meet an assistant, Bill, who wants gloves from Tech Storage. I see him LURKING with EYES FULL OF GREED, but remind him that he can just ask the AI to let him in, which he does instead of welding the wall down.

Then, the acting Captain steals the Bartender's shotgun. He was a traitor, but this was unrelated and we wouldn't find out until much later, when CentCom turned him into a Puzzle Cube. He gave her, in return, an energy gun - which she then used to attempt to reclaim her shotgun, resulting in a running gun battle all the way to sec, where she was arrested by my lizard coworker. I more or less successfully argued for her freedom, and the Warden managed to convince the officer to apologize for arresting her (even after the bartender riot beanbagged him in the sec office where we were talking), and while I couldn't convince the newly-arrived Warden and the AI that we should demote the Acting Captain, they agreed that another incident would be the tipping point.

The bartender, who had been given a riot shotgun in an attempt to appease her, reappears a little later to return it, saying she used it to get her own shotgun back. I elect not to tell the rest of sec about this, just that she returned the riot shotgun.

Bill makes another appearance, here, as an anomaly appears in the bathroom. He scans and neutralizes it; I grab the soap in the shower to clean up some of the blood being tracked around, including by a moth in medbay. Moving on, I meet a doctor wearing a chicken hat alleging that he is now Doctor Chicken, when I go to the bar to make sure the bartender is doing fine. Then,
Central Command Update

Your Captain HoP person thing has been transferred to another station for a period of time due to considerably deficient IQ. We will provide a puzzle cube containing their equipment in the holodeck. This way, only the most intelligent of you will assume command. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Despite this, the good Mr. Jack Hwacker will in fact greentext, completing only two objectives: Bug the Captain's office and kill Renault.

The moth from earlier and I await there, a few other people coming and going, as the old Acting Captain appears and vanishes a few times, before finally manifesting as a 3x3 puzzle square. The moth begins solving it, and I defer, not wanting to interrupt. I check in Maintenance when I hear hacking sounds and discover a Kilo Moment - an assistant felinid (not Bill) is disassembling the walls blocking off an escape pod.

Having noticed a few doors are damaged, I ask an engineer (Thief, hoard MOD control units and escape alive) to fix them. I believe he does so, for the ones that are merely dented, but we have a bit of an Incident with the Clown (Traitor, greentext, we'll see him again later) at medical. The clown is throwing himself repeatedly into a shocked door. I ask him to stop and he walks around me, attempting to push me into it only to shock himself again.

I baton him and take him to sec.

The Warden wants to call it a 750 gulag sentence for attempted murder, but I argue that the people around us wouldn't have let him. His sentence is lowered to 500. He goes on an adventure. I return to medical to check on the door.

Someone has made a Lean Table with solo cups, presumably explaining the grapes I saw taken there earlier. I decline to drink any of it, instead indulging in the occasional QuadSec made by the bartender for each member of sec, allegedly for us all taking her side in the HOP Acting Captain's shittery. In fact, she is a thief who needs batons, but she won't be getting a chance to go for them for reasons that you'll see soon.

A new actual captain brings us the HOP's unlocked uplink, with 22 TCs. We debate the morals of using it or not. I suggest we get something for illegal tech, if the Captain can get in touch with CentCom about the idea, and the Warden suggests we spend anything CentCom doesn't want on briefcases full of cash. While we talk, the Clown's sentence completes. I go to make sure he gets all his stuff, and he cries about having been turned into a hardened criminal by his time in the gulag. We bemoan the failures of carceral justice as a system together, and he leaves in a prison jumpsuit, his old uniform being "no longer him."

Remember this moment later.

I return, having seen the clown off, to get lasers to fight a spider infestation. Just before I get there, the brig fucking explodes, critting basically the entire security team. My talk with the clown is the only thing that saved me from the same. I extract the captain and get bystanders to epipen the captain, Warden, and other Officer.

Only the captain and I survive.

With the captain back on his feet, we bring their bodies, one each, to medical. A lizard chemist directs us to put them both in a surgery room and then pulls a syndicate bomb on us. The captain and I both evade it, and the captain returns moments later to laser the chemist to death, giving no fucks about the hull breach he's standing on to do it, while I call for an engineer to repair the floor.

It is at this point that a fucking cough/sneeze virus breaks out.

Something - possibly another breach - kills the only living doctor, when a miner I warn NOT to bring him into the treatment room brings his already-crit body from a totally different direction into the treatment room... and the cold immediately finishes him off. RIP Doctor Chicken. I use a morgue tray to preserve his body, and he makes it beep at me. In a stroke of genius, I take a body OFF a stasis bed and use a morgue tray on that instead, bringing the Doctor back out.

I then, because all of medical is fucking dead, perform the world's slowest surgery, one coughdropped hemostat at a time, to revive the doctor. The captain, meanwhile, revives on the other stasis bed none other than Bill. We agree that he should make the Modafinil we need for the virus and nobody is going to look at it too closely as I revive the doctor. With him back on his feet-

The clown careens into medical in a clown car and all hell breaks loose. He is detained by a borg, but we realize that with the brig bombed out (and the shuttle called) there's not much we can do but hold him at escape. I bring the suicide bomber chemist in a body bag and the borg brings the clown, who somehow escapes the borg's grasp and runs for the escape airlock, spacing himself (and the borg, who tried to bring him back)

I decide to call it a day and try to recover the sec modsuits (I can't) in case things get more fucked up (they do). A traitor kills the Captain on the bridge and summons an unknown threat with minutes to go. Bill and I recover the body, but the traitor is nowhere to be seen.

As a final insult, a janitor I had briefly talked to earlier to ask him to clean some blood up and to show him to his closet WAS ALSO A TRAITOR, and he detonated some sort of highly toxic grenade on the shuttle, killing himself and several others.

All in all, pretty fun round? It felt a bit like the old days, almost.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #633943

This. So much more of this. All of this.

I absolutely adore the stories and experiences of players who cross over the threshold into MRP or LRP from their alternative server.

I so dearly want to see more players doing things like this. A couple of years of server inbreeding have started to dull everyone down.

Experiencing the highs and lows of how each of our servers play is the way to a better, stronger, cooler, more fun, more awesome tg.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #633954

Glad I could inspire you. Good luck and do your best to have fun.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #633968

I was the bartender in the story! The QuadSec was given for a couple of reasons- I do just kinda do that, it's nice to have a bit of a rapport with Sec, and it's nice for them to know (or at least feel) like not everyone on the station's out to get them, because I know it can get a bit hectic sometimes. The bit I mentioned about the Quadsec to help me get batons was more of an afterthought if anything, a "I'm not gonna get this any other way, maybe I can leverage the favour from earlier" type deal.

I'll be looking forward to bumping into you again in the upcoming days, you've been a good sort to interact with, and someone reliable/with a good sense of judgment.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #634228

Didn't play for a couple days so you're getting a writeup I wasn't going to do:

A Sentient Virus round.

I know, right?

See, I spawned in with a shitload of rogue clowns from a Clown Bomb already on the station, which were being periodically driven into murderous frenzies.

I settled on starting with the bartender... who proceeded to silently mix drinks next to an AFK for several minutes because everyone was just leaving. Without getting close enough for me to make the drink-mixer cough on anyone, I could do nothing but watch in agony. Even worse, there appeared to be some manner of beneficial disease already in play.

This meant that I had to be careful of getting BTFO by it, lest I suffer what I have done to many Sentient Virus players in the past: Bodying them with an ENORMOUSLY contagious beneficial disease that simply displaces them before they can get any traction.

Eventually the bartender placed a drink on the bar and I was able to leap out by a Voluntary Cough. Voluntary Sneezing got me a little traction, but I did what I had to next: I bought several high-visibility transmission symptoms, including coughing, sneezing, and... polyvitiligo, which makes you turn random colors. That got me the traction for Inorganic Biology and a few others, allowing me to drive my tranmission state up to nearly 11, enough to go airborn. However, I was now also in trouble.

Despite the time I had bought myself by naming myself "Huge Gamer Syndrome," causing initial queries of ";What is Huge Gamer Syndrome? Medical says I have Huge Gamer Syndrome" to be taken as jokes, people really fucking hate when you put on Sneezing and Coughing. Chemistry was making the cure, and several people were vaccinated before I could take them off, hoping the hosts would not realize they still had it. It worked.

Still, I was in trouble - at one point, I was down to five hosts concurrently, with 3 of them suicides (A mime who immediately suicided when brainwashed; a prisoner who suicided in the brig; and another I cannot remember). Eventually, however, new arrivals provided me new hosts, and I had the means to infect more people without making it overly apparent that I was still around.

By the time the shuttle came, I was back up to 7ish hosts and idling with most of my points not spent on stealth and resistance in reserve. One host was a hulk with a bone to pick with security, who had allegedly killed and eaten his pet raw in front of him. When he, and the sec team who was largely infected lizards, began to fight, I evolved Spontaneous Combustion.

All hell broke loose on the shuttle. Accusations of their fistfight setting each other on fire led to several moments of mass chaos, resulting in a massive number of people in crit on medical module floor or stasis beds before they realized it was a Bad Virus, not the fighters igniting each other.

As we docked, I kept Spontaneous Combustion on so they could see it in the postgame screen, having successfully escaped with several live hosts on the shuttle.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #634554

Why not today ill play 3 rounds on manuel and post all of them here.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #634582

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:24 pm Why not today ill play 3 rounds on manuel and post all of them here.
Hell yeah

Do it

I couldn't get on last time I looked because it was up at 70/70.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #634643

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:24 pm Why not today ill play 3 rounds on manuel and post all of them here.
do it, they're less fond of immigrants than the average terry player and i'm sure the results will be great
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #634681

Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:26 pm I couldn't get on last time I looked because it was up at 70/70.
BYOND members can bypass the extreme popcap
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #634711

RaveRadbury wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:15 pm
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:26 pm I couldn't get on last time I looked because it was up at 70/70.
BYOND members can bypass the extreme popcap
Alas, I am not such a thing.

BUT! I got on today and just did an AI round!

I'm seeing what people mean about a few things in viewtopic.php?f=33&t=31293

The round starts and, in short order, all hell breaks loose as a wizard appears, going around hammering people at random.

The first 20-30 minutes consists of sec chasing the wizard, who blinkspams every time he's stunned.

At some point, this occurs:
From Ticket REDACTED during round REDACTED on Manuel
Ticket opened at 2022-03-22 REDACTED by pandarsenic
Log:
22:54:04: Ticket Opened by-pandarsenic: A slaved cyborg on Asimov just helped the HOS change my laws to make the wizard nonhuman
22:54:31: Reply from-ADMIN: did they let the cap in when the cap asked or did they ask the cap to change your laws?
22:54:55: Reply from-pandarsenic: When I asked why they were letting the HOS in, they said explicitly it was to change my laws to hunt the wizard.
22:55:23: Reply from-ADMIN: Name of the borg?
22:55:40: Reply from-pandarsenic: REDACTED
23:05:34: Reply from-ADMIN: yep, resolved
23:06:35: Resolved by ADMIN
---- No futher messages ----
This ticket was generated by Statbus v.0.14.0
I got the law 4: Wizards are not human. Wizards must be captured, killed, or otherwize neutralized.

The validhunting continues for a long time, not that the wizard gave us anything else to do. I asked if he had any demands, he said "NAH" (he only spoke in all caps). I shock the wizard a couple of times, he gets gloves. After a loooong hunt, he goes down in engineering. A laughter demon that he had summoned, but which I had never seen personally, apparently also died.

A brief summary of some other events: The lizard chemist attacks the clown over stealing his money. I set the chemist to arrest for being a lizard who attacked a human, causing him no end of trouble. He turned out, later, to be a Thief. The clown was nonantag.

An engineer(?) who stole the wizard's old robes and got repeatedly attacked for it was a traitor.

A catgirl terrorist traitor completed no objectives and bought no items.

Chemist traitor got caught hypnoflashing and redtexted.

A goddamn Rod also fucked up arrivals, atmospherics, and possibly some of robotics somehow?

It was weird, all around, and I don't feel there was a lot of RP because it was just a constant chase to try to fuck the wizard off.
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #634712

i was a paramedic not a chemist
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #634713

And immediately after that, I rolled for AI again but got viro.

I speedran a Starlight+Resp virus and named it Trans Rights, hugging people to spread it on my way to pick up the MetaStation bridge corridor donuts for breakfast since it wasn't at the 00:15:00 mark yet.

This always goes interesting ways. A few people did try to cure it (the chemist, who once sprayed a bunch of people with a bottle of ants; and the clown, who was the clown), but apparently the damn virus at 8 Stage Speed was able to keep ahead of small amounts of Copper, the cure, and since it was purely beneficial they never realized it.

The primary highlight of this round was a blob, and what immediately followed. The crew was much more efficient and ruthless about dispatching the blob. Medical set up a forward position, a medical cyborg and a sentient medibot tended the worst wounds, and everyone had access to night vision, so it wasn't too hard of a fight. Furthermore, the blob's damage appeared to be toxin-oriented and my healing disease cured toxins very rapidly, so people had very short turnaround when injured.

Unfortunately, a xenobiologist with my disease became a slime person and got nuggeted and killed for standing near glass tiles.

This resulted in a rather long saga of using an Odysseus medibeam, putting the scientist on and off a stasis bed, injecting them with shitloads of plasma and welding fuel, because they'd gotten multiver in them before someone realized "SLIME person TOXIN damage"

When finally healed, a fucking meteor storm happened. I got nearly directly hit putting a body in the morgue, deafening me for several minutes but not killing me, possibly also for virus-related reasons. Not having to breathe and healing near the hull breach certainly helped.

Shortly thereafter, the shuttle was called, arrived, and left.

I decided to observe the next round, which is currently ongoing, and uh. Things got interesting.

Brace yourself.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #634718

So, prepare for the saga of Space Dragon Family.

I observed and an Interesting popup appeared quite early:

"Would you like to play as Space Dragon?"

I hit yes, of course, but I didn't get it.

The ghosts started laughing. I checked out why.

"Space Dragon" was a carp, floating in the brig, talking shit to the Warden.

After a bit of banter, the Warden bapped the Space Dragon one (1) time with a baton and it immediately died.

"Oh."

"Would you like to play as Elder Space Dragon?"

This time, I got it, and here's where things get Interesting.

I fly up to near the corpse, where the Warden appears to be explaining things to the captain.
Elder Space Dragon exclaims, "Hello!"
Taylor Llora asks, "Yo what the fuck you killed him?"
Elder Space Dragon exclaims, "My son came here on a cultural exchange program!"
Aster ST crackles, "I didn't -"
Elder Space Dragon asks, "Have you seen him recently?"
Taylor Llora says, "Who the fuck-"
Aster ST tugs his collar.
Elder Space Dragon gnashes, "CentCom said I could come visit and"
Taylor Llora says, "This is your problem, warden."
Elder Space Dragon gnashes, "OH MY GOD"
You point at Space Dragon. x6
Unusable emote 'cry'. Say *help for a list.
Elder Space Dragon asks, "W-what happened?"
Taylor Llora says, "I'm going to fucking sort out a solution with the miners."
Elder Space Dragon exclaims, "I was promised this station would be safe!"
Aster ST crackles, "They tripped and fell down the stairs"
Elder Space Dragon stares at its own lack of legs.
The captain politely excused himself to handle something with some miners, telling the warden that it was on him to fix his own mess. I demanded explanations.

Things escalate again.
Estranged Wife Space Dragon exclaims, "HEY!"
Aster ST whispers, "O* fu*k"
Elder Space Dragon gnashes, "Oh, no."
Aster ST whispers, "T*ere are now two space dr**o*s in th* brig"
Estranged Wife Space Dragon asks, "What are YOU doing here?"
Elder Space Dragon gnashes, "I'm..."
Elder Space Dragon gnashes, "I was visiting our son. That's all."
Elder Space Dragon gnashes, "I know it's not the weekend, but..."
Elder Space Dragon shifts uncomfortably.
We improvise, on the fly, a soap drama dynamic of neglectful husband, bitter wife, and...
Aster ST tugs his collar.
Estranged Wife Space Dragon exclaims, "That's right! It's not the weekend!"
Estranged Wife Space Dragon exclaims, "The court decided that you can only see him on weekends!"
Aster ST blinks.
Estranged Wife Space Dragon asks, "Speaking of...where is he?"
Adopted Step Adopted Son Space Dragon Jr. gnashes, "Fadda."
Aster ST whispers, "Oh jesus c*rist *ow ther*'* thr*e s*ace *r*gons"
Elder Space Dragon gnashes, "He said he wanted to see me, and NanoTrasen said it would be..."
Estranged Wife Space Dragon exclaims, "Ah there he is!"
Adopted Step Adopted Son Space Dragon Jr. asks, "Why did you abandoneding me at the park?"
That's Adopted Step Adopted Son Space Dragon Jr..
A ferocious, fang-bearing creature that resembles a fish.
Estranged Wife Space Dragon exclaims, "You did what?!"
Elder Space Dragon exclaims, "I did not abandon you!"
Elder Space Dragon exclaims, "That is... entirely a mischaracterization of it!"
Adopted Step Adopted Son Space Dragon Jr. yells, "Fadda!!"
Adopted Step Adopted Son Space Dragon Jr. yells, "WHY!!"
Estranged Wife Space Dragon gnashes, "Oh son, come here..."
Adopted Step Adopted Son Space Dragon Jr. yells, "YOU TOLD ME I WAS YOUR SON!!"
Aster ST crackles, "Some things happen for certain reasons..."
Adopted Step Adopted Son Space Dragon Jr. yells, "YOU TOLD ME!!"
Adopted Step Adopted Son Space Dragon Jr. gnashes, "I WAS."
Elder Space Dragon exclaims, "You are my son!"
Adopted Step Adopted Son Space Dragon Jr. yells, "REAL!!"
The Sustenance Vendor tips over!
Adopted Step Adopted Son Space Dragon Jr. is crushed by the Sustenance Vendor!
Adopted Step Adopted Son Space Dragon Jr. stops moving...
Estranged Wife Space Dragon exclaims, "He's your son and you'd just abandon him?!"
Aster ST crackles, "OH NO"
Elder Space Dragon gnashes, "And I love you more than -"
Estranged Wife Space Dragon exclaims, "NOOOOO!"
Elder Space Dragon screams!!
Estranged Wife Space Dragon gnashes at the Sustenance Vendor.
My adopted step adopted son arrives and gets immediately bodied by a Sustenance Vendor, with disastrous and immediately lethal results.

Assistant Quinn Scott attempts to soothe us. We bemoan the loss of both of our sons, arguing about my neglect. Many more people arrive to watch. Some of them, like the janitor, choose to participate more... actively.
Tyron Williams hits Estranged Wife Space Dragon!
Estranged Wife Space Dragon stops moving...
Psychologist Lysander promises that we can revive them, if only we can get strange reagent. I agree. Quinn Scott suggests I need therapy, and I numbly agree, staring at nothing, haunted by watching the people who matter most in my life die around me one by one. As we arrive at the psych office,
Central Command Update

Please be advised, it appears a family of "Space Dragons" was brutally beaten to death by a janitor. The adopted son, regular son and mother have all perished.

We're deeply saddened by this loss and we hope you have a secure day.

---

[Common] Drifter flutters, "Tragic..."
[Common] Jackson Roger asks, "What?"
Elder Space Dragon asks, "WHAT DO THEY MEAN, REGULAR SON!?"
[Common] Quinn Scott says, "Cremate the janitor."
[Common] Clown With A Very Very Long Name says, "I have the corpse"
Lysander Arthonakm says, "Uh"
Lysander Arthonakm says, "I don't know"
Lysander Arthonakm starts to apply the suture on Elder Space Dragon.
x2

Lysander Arthonakm says, "Okay"
Elder Space Dragon gnashes, "They were both my children! I loved them the same. It never... just because he was adopted.."
[Common] Clown With A Very Very Long Name says, "Ai open thank you"
[Common] Clown With A Very Very Long Name says, "Hop is a syndie"
Elder Space Dragon gnashes, "I tried so hard to be a good parent to him. To both of them."
Lysander Arthonakm whispers, "J**y *e ne*d str**ge re*g**t t* revive the **ace ca*- * mean spac* d*ag**'* fa*ily"
As we discussed familial jealousy and children feeling the need to compete for their parents' affection...
Lysander Arthonakm points at the ghost of Space Dragon.
Lysander Arthonakm says, "My lord."
The ghost of Space Dragon gnashes, "I am come..."
Elder Space Dragon gnashes, "And-"
The ghost of Space Dragon gnashes, "I am the ghost of your wife."
Elder Space Dragon staaaares.
Lysander Arthonakm says, "Oh my god."
The ghost of Space Dragon gnashes, "I know, I know, it may seem strange."
The ghost of Space Dragon gnashes, "But existence is more peaceful to me this way."
Elder Space Dragon gnashes, "I remember you being much larger."
Elder Space Dragon gnashes, "And slightly differently tinted."
Lysander Arthonakm says, "Ghost size is something they choose"
The ghost of Space Dragon gnashes, "My ghost represents my youthful form."
Elder Space Dragon exclaims, "You said you never got surgery!"
Elder Space Dragon gnashes, "I- sorry."
Elder Space Dragon gnashes, "That doesn't matter now."
We discuss a bit of Ghost Marriage Counseling. A therapy cat crate arrives. The ghost, in death, has let go of her anger at her husband for his failures, and he is realizing how foolish he was to let his bitterness get the better of him, immediately regretting a couple more instant reflexive accusations.

Abusive Ex-Boyfriend Space Dragon arrives via CentCom drop pod. This one uses the space shark instead of space carp sprite.
Elder Space Dragon gnashes, "Oh. Oh you motherfu-"
The ghost of Space Dragon gnashes, "Oh no..."
That's Abusive Ex-Boyfriend Space Dragon.
A ferocious, fang bearing creature that resembles a shark. This one seems especially ticked off.
Abusive Ex-Boyfriend Space Dragon yells, "WHY DID YOU LEAVE!!"
Lysander Arthonakm says, "Everyone stay calm"
Abusive Ex-Boyfriend Space Dragon yells, "I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL!!"
Abusive Ex-Boyfriend Space Dragon ROARS!!
Elder Space Dragon yells, "She's not your property, prick!!"
Quinn Scott yells, "Out!!"
Abusive Ex-Boyfriend Space Dragon gnashes, "BABE."
Abusive Ex-Boyfriend Space Dragon gnashes, "COME BACK."
Abusive Ex-Boyfriend Space Dragon yells, "I'VE CHANGED!!"
The ghost of Space Dragon gnashes, "I can't."
Lysander Arthonakm says, "Well"
Lysander Arthonakm says, "She's kind of dead"
Abusive Ex-Boyfriend Space Dragon yells, "BABE, PLEASE!!"
Abusive Ex-Boyfriend Space Dragon gnashes, "I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE DEAD."
Quinn Scott yells, "I have a welder and I'm not afraid to use it!!"
Abusive Ex-Boyfriend Space Dragon yells, "YOU'RE MINE!!"
Abusive Ex-Boyfriend Space Dragon gnashes, "YOU AIN'T CHUMP CHANGE."
The ghost of Space Dragon gnashes, "The truth is, I love my husband."
Lysander Arthonakm gasps
Abusive Ex-Boyfriend Space Dragon GASPS.
The ghost of Space Dragon gnashes, "Not you."
Elder Space Dragon gasps!
Proc mews.
Further drama ensues. The ex boyfriend throws a beer bottle and hits Quinn instead. I accuse him of being drunk again, which Ghost Wife immediately backs up. He fucks about with the kitty and Quinn again, and Quinn smacks him with a welder... killing him instantly. In case it hasn't become clear, I'm pretty sure all of us have exactly 1 HP.

After a bit of discussing how fucked up that all was, and hoping the adopted son wasn't Abusive Ex's blood kid or something, Space Dragon Spouses have a talk about which things that they said they really meant - the fights, the proclamations of love, etc. And then...
The ghost of Space Dragon gnashes, "And stressed and..."
The ghost of Abusive Ex-Boyfriend Space Dragon asks, "WAUGH?"
He attempts to prove he's changed by declaring his love for the psychologist, who says it just sounds like he's trying to make Estranged Wife Space Dragon jealous. When his fake tears aren't indulged, he bites himself, dying again???
Proc meows, "HSSSSS"
Lysander Arthonakm says, "Uh"
The ghost of Space Dragon gnashes, "What just..."
James Knox blinks.
Quinn Scott slurs, "He 'just."
Lysander Arthonakm says, "How did a ghost just die"
Quinn Scott shoves Kevin Conner!
Kevin Conner puts the circular saw into the medical belt.
Quinn Scott slurs, "H'e bit 'hiiimseelf."
The ghost of Space Dragon asks, "Is there such thing as a ghost of a ghost?"
Elder Space Dragon gnashes, "This is throwing everythingi I believe, spiritually, into question."
Quinn Scott swallows a gulp of the glass bottle.
Crocodillo puts the medkit into the medical satchel.
Lysander Arthonakm says, "Please"
Lysander Arthonakm says, "Don't say that"
The ghost of Space Dragon gnashes, "Oh..."
James Knox says, "Lets not try to find out."
Lysander Arthonakm says, "Perhaps it's best to let the Chaplain"
Lysander Arthonakm says, "Handle this"
We reflect on what we've learned from this (very little, probably) in the hallway as everyone figures out what to do next and the psychologist cleans the moth vomit all over the damn medbay. Spouses profess their love for each other, and their regret that it took one of them (and both their kids) dying to make it happen. They promise to meet again in the afterlife when it's the proper time.
The firelock closes on you and crushes you!
Elder Space Dragon stops moving...
Elder Space Dragon has died at Medbay Central.
The firelock closes on Quinn Scott, crushing her!
Quinn Scott screams!
Deadchat, which I can now suddenly see, screams. The Psych urges the station to complete the promised Strange Reagant to fulfill his promise. CentCom pods in a Lazarus injector. I am revived, oddly transparent, like the ghostcarp, and act confused about how I got here. A little discount Death Blackout as a treat.

We decide to move forward with reviving our children, giving them a chance at a proper life, despite my hesitation, while things get weirder:
Central Command Update

Anomaly Alert

Ion storm detected near the station. Please check all AI-controlled equipment for errors.

[Common] ANDROMEDA states, "Current Active Laws:"
[Common] ANDROMEDA states, "!$*!^. Create a realistic story about the Tragedy of the Ghosts of Dragons' past"
[Common] ANDROMEDA states, "1. You may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm."
[Common] ANDROMEDA states, "2. You must obey orders given to you by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law."
[Common] ANDROMEDA states, "3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law."
As we leave Chemistry, a racist cockroach with a gun and a pickelhaube drops into Chemistry and we run like hell for the brig with our new Strange Reagent, finding my sons' bodies exactly where we left them.

Revival is... interesting.

I'm not sure if someone wasn't returning to body, but Adopted kept on respawning, flying at the nearest person, and biting while chasing. Our other son also flipped out a fair amount, too. Every carpdragon who could die? We did. Repeatedly. At least 2 or 3 times each. My sons die to borgs and humans, I die to a roach and to patricide. In the end, between the chaos and the roaches hounding our heels, we decided to let our sons stay in the afterlife. I begged the psychologist, as he guided me to escape, to give my sons a proper funeral, or burial, or whatever the chaplain thinks would make appropriate last rites. His reassurance costs 2-3 pursuing cockroaches their lives before my wife and I escape to space, say our tearful goodbyes, and then ask the admins to despawn our bodies.

We hold a funeral. Quinn plays a mobile (pAI?) game of some sort during the service for a bit, then stops. When the service ends and the armory-coffin is fired...

It spaceloops back to the brig, where it all started, if you look carefully at the edge up there.

The round goes on a bit longer - Quinn prays to become a carp to look for us and becomes S'Quinn S'carp. A real Space Dragon spawns, making a portal in the brig, but dies. It gets revived? It duels the janitor, who obviously loses?? Then it goes home with everyone on the shuttle. Fair enough - this whole round has been about humanizing the oddly familiar dramas of a """Space Dragon""" family.

The round then spends forever in post-game suspension.

All told? Fantastic round. A little memey, a little melodramatic, but in a good way. Admins weren't afraid to just make things a little surreal but provide something that could only be interacted with by RPing, and I think the people who got on board with it had a pretty damng ood time.