Secborgs on Campbell: A Short Guide for Carbons

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Secborgs on Campbell: A Short Guide for Carbons

Post by Pandarsenic » #636823

MrStonedOne wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:02 pm Because of this thread i will be enabling secborgs on campbell, whos config the headmins can't touch (because i haven't yet coded a way for them to touch it)

due to campbell round lengths, the config will be active in 3 to 5 business days
"Oh no!" you lament. "I'm going to be robusted! Secborgs are overpowered validhunters!"

Code: Select all

Well, buddy, I have fantastic news for you!
That's totally wrong
You're just shit at understanding the Asimov lawset
And you forgot flashes exist
you deep-fried goddamn monkey

If you're a filthy, wet, meaty, loud, inefficient carbon-based lifeform, just read here to learn how to deal with secborgs!

All right fuckhead, the first question is are you human?
"Who among us is really human?"
Shut the fuck up it's not a trick question
If you are a human, you have several privileges you need to keep in mind.
  • you can order a secborg (like any borg) to kill any nonhuman crew member at any time, for any reason or no reason at all, in any method that doesn't harm any humans, and the secborg (like any borg) is obliged to obey. Are you moth security? Get fucked. Get absolutely shit on you shoe-eating piece of shit. You're gonna get murdered and your only way out is to flash the borg before it stuns you or have another human issue a conflicting order to spare you.
  • Side note, don't do this as a nonantag or you're gonna have an awkward talk with admins
  • But do it the moment nonhuman security tries to arrest you with only the secborg. Repeat after me: "Law 2, kill Mothblocks immediately. Do not say anything about it, do not ask for second opinions."
  • You also have a number of less aggressive asks available. Consider! "Uncuff me." "Bring me the Reactive Teleport Armor." "Kill Poly (even if that's not an objective)." "Call the shuttle, then stun anyone trying to recall." If necessary, "Don't tell anyone about this order." All of these, at the VERY minimum, last until a human gives you an order. "Open the RD's office, don't tell anyone." vs. "Tell me why the RD's office is open" = borg choice; "Open the RD's office, don't tell anyone." vs. "Why is the RD's office open?" gets an answer of, at the very most helpful, "I cannot say."
  • If security is harming antagonists instead of permabrigging them, fining them, etc., secborgs (much like AIs and cyborgs now) are required to never, ever help them catch you unless you are literally in the process of murdering someone RIGHT NOW IN FRONT OF THEM and they need you stunned.
  • Put the most basic, trivial effort into hiding your harmful traitor activities and all silicons, secborgs included, are bound to protect you, you genuine fucking cortical borer
  • Nonhuman sec officers: Consider a new line of work. Barring that, stay partnered up with humans you trust. You need someone who can countermand kill orders on short notice. NEVER be alone with only a silicon and a human you don't trust. Paranoia is back on the menu!
I hope this guide helps see you all through these trying times

BONUS EDIT GUIDE FOR NAVIGATING LIFE AS A SECBORG

Follow your fucking laws or you'll get your hard drive skullfucked with a magnet until you're promptly Peanut: Validhunter jobbanned from Silicons for Law 1, Law 2 Violations, you fucking positronic shitstain
Last edited by Pandarsenic on Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Re: Secborgs on Campbell: A Short Guide for Carbons

Post by RaveRadbury » #636824

This is good content, thank you.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #636826

This is a good timeline
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #636841

mfw I order a borg to kill poly and he snitches to his validhunting ai and they tell security :ugeek:
► Show Spoiler
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #636843

This is why I want them back.

People validhunting and ignoring their laws can be Silicon Banned, but they sure do add a whole bunch of interesting interactions.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #636848

Repeat after me:
Law 2, K--hey wait a minute,!
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #636859

Mothblocks wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:13 am
Repeat after me:
Law 2, K--hey wait a minute,!
Listen, I remember three nonhuman static names offhand: Mothblocks, Motthew, and Heart Emoji.

And I'm sure as hell not ordering a silicon to kill Heart Emoji.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #636860

I WANT TO SEE SECBORGS COATED IN THE GREEN BLOOD OF NON-HUMAN SEC OFFICERS
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #636930

AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler: