Xenomorph Farm Peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Xenomorph Farm Peanut

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #643257

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31879

I really don't know about some of these Vekter bans man. Trying to breed xenomorphs is not only cool, its encouraged with the random chance for an egg spawning in sci. This person doesn't seem like they were acting in bad faith, and the events that led to the xenomorphs being set loose were out of their control.

Perhaps we are missing something, but this seems pretty unjustified.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Re: Xenomorph Farm Peanut

Post by celularLAmp » #643262

I wish xenomorphs could have more use other than doing surgery on them

maybe research cool weapons or tools from using like their acid? iunno more should be gotten from xenomorph harvesting
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #643263

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:48 pm viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31879

I really don't know about some of these Vekter bans man. Trying to breed xenomorphs is not only cool, its encouraged with the random chance for an egg spawning in sci. This person doesn't seem like they were acting in bad faith, and the events that led to the xenomorphs being set loose were out of their control.

Perhaps we are missing something, but this seems pretty unjustified.
As I said in my response, it was more negligence combined with his extensive note history. Anyone else doing it might get a talking to about safety. He got a ban because he's had 21 notes or bans since the beginning of the year for assorted bullshit. I ended up talking to some of the other admins and we decided, while it's not really something we'd normally slap someone for, he's had such a history that this combined with his older notes was worth a paddlin'.

Either way, I unbanned him because when I looked back at it I don't think it warranted as harsh of a punishment and he should at least get a second chance.
celularLAmp wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:30 pm I wish xenomorphs could have more use other than doing surgery on them

maybe research cool weapons or tools from using like their acid? iunno more should be gotten from xenomorph harvesting
Absolutely this. I think there's something to be said for actually farming the things, there just isn't really a reason to do so aside from selling the organs. It doesn't outweigh the danger of them getting out.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #643276

jesus christ vekter
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #643317

Being told to watch your potential destruction is fair. If you loan the cargo shuttle so centcomm can put a live syndicate bomb on it and then just run away and cargo blows up. That onitus is on you
► Show Spoiler
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #643347

why are u expecting a redditmin to make a good ban
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #643383

vekter generally has takes that make it seem like he's never even played the game
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #643407

I'm not posting his notes, but ask anyone who's interacted with him when he was on the server. He's not a fun person to play with.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #643467

massa wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:10 pm vekter generally has takes that make it seem like he's never even played the game
https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/ckey/Vekter
Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Post by Valorium » #643524

Farming xeno organs is virtually never advisable. Here's the possibilities:
- You successfully set up a farm. You do the forcefield right, murder the unlucky Xeno who spawns, harvest their organs, whole shebang. That works maybe twice before ghosts go "well, this isn't fun" and stop taking the ghostrole, at which point you're shit outta luck.
- You fail to set up the farm properly, and a ton of Xenos break out, and half the crew gets murdered before an admin forces a shuttle call because all of security and command got their shit kicked in in the first ten minutes. Half the server is dead and pissed in dchat. Yayyyyyy.
- Neither of these things happen. You contain the Xeno(s), but you can't actually kill them. Now you're stuck in xenobio essentially glued to your chair making sure they don't bust out, the Xenos are bored out of their minds and regret taking the ghost role because they're basically just stuck in a 3x5 box for 45 minutes. No one has fun.

None of these possibilities are fun for all parties, or even most parties. Either you don't have fun, the crew doesn't have fun, the Xenos don't have fun, or a combination of the three. Go figure.
Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.
massa

Post by massa » #643527

Valorium wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:51 pm Farming xeno organs is virtually never advisable. Here's the possibilities:
- You successfully set up a farm. You do the forcefield right, murder the unlucky Xeno who spawns, harvest their organs, whole shebang. That works maybe twice before ghosts go "well, this isn't fun" and stop taking the ghostrole, at which point you're shit outta luck.
- You fail to set up the farm properly, and a ton of Xenos break out, and half the crew gets murdered before an admin forces a shuttle call because all of security and command got their shit kicked in in the first ten minutes. Half the server is dead and pissed in dchat. Yayyyyyy.
- Neither of these things happen. You contain the Xeno(s), but you can't actually kill them. Now you're stuck in xenobio essentially glued to your chair making sure they don't bust out, the Xenos are bored out of their minds and regret taking the ghost role because they're basically just stuck in a 3x5 box for 45 minutes. No one has fun.

None of these possibilities are fun for all parties, or even most parties. Either you don't have fun, the crew doesn't have fun, the Xenos don't have fun, or a combination of the three. Go figure.
This is a dogshit take and a contained xenomorph in xenobiology is badass and provides an engine-sabotage-level threat for antags to capitalize on, and spice to the round. xenomorphs escaping is not a bad thing.

xenomorphs are good and we don't see them enough. by the time the first 2 pop the shuttle is gone.
Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Post by Valorium » #643556

massa wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:07 pm
Valorium wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:51 pm Farming xeno organs is virtually never advisable. Here's the possibilities:

This is a dogshit take and a contained xenomorph in xenobiology is badass and provides an engine-sabotage-level threat for antags to capitalize on, and spice to the round. xenomorphs escaping is not a bad thing.

xenomorphs are good and we don't see them enough. by the time the first 2 pop the shuttle is gone.
I mean, it's basically putting yourself into a massively vulnerable position for little reward. It's an "engine-sabotage-level" threat that only becomes a threat if you are quite literally a "Aliens movie antagonist" level moron. Is it "fun" to bolt open the door to the SM and leave a maxcap directly next to it with a label saying "do not blow up"? That's 'spicy' and 'gives antagonists something to capitalize on', but it's not a good idea for a non-antag to do.
Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #643561

Valorium wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:05 pm

I mean, it's basically putting yourself into a massively vulnerable position for little reward. It's an "engine-sabotage-level" threat that only becomes a threat if you are quite literally a "Aliens movie antagonist" level moron. Is it "fun" to bolt open the door to the SM and leave a maxcap directly next to it with a label saying "do not blow up"? That's 'spicy' and 'gives antagonists something to capitalize on', but it's not a good idea for a non-antag to do.
The difference between doing something dangerous for no reason, and doing something dangerous and fun with the potential for novel rewards (even if you might consider them little) is quite staggering.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #643564

Boosting the power output of the SM is a unnecessary and dangerous idea that provides endless opportunities for sabotage and can lead to the round ending if you're really bad at it (due to panicky shuttlecalls or otherwise), but because doing so provides a good benefit (Way more power than you can get from methods like a turbine or building more solars) its commonly performed whenever an engineer who thinks they're hard enough logs on, and generally accepted by crew.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #643568

This should be fixed, it should be fun to do the flavorful thing
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #643569

It wasn't even a xenomorph farm. The xenos were not contained, were not being harvested, there was no reward. If they had set up a xeno farm, put in the necessary precautions, and it still broke out then sure. But that isn't what happened.

[2022-04-05 15:56:29.068] SAY: 15:56:29.068] SAY: HolyCat/(Jinx Catter) "ill train them to be good" (Central Primary Hallway (126,117,2))

There was no xeno organ farm. This was just a case of xenos being released because they are "friendly" and "not hurting anyone" and "are just retaliating against the entire crew because one person hit them once". A total of 27 monkeys were provided to the xenos in xenobiology. HolyCat repeatedly told people not to attack the xenos because they were friendly. There was a large period of time where nothing happened except more monkeys were provided, facehugged, and became xenos. At this point, the uncontained xenomorphs which had been given a massive quantity of monkeys as hosts, start breaking out of xenobio with facehuggers in tow. They break out (and by that I mean are breaking the doors, there are no actual defenses as far as I can tell). Let's share some fun say logs from the point after xenos break containment and start fighting people! By this point xenos have broken out of science, are throwing facehuggers at people, and are engaging in combat with the crew.

[2022-04-05 17:08:03.643] SAY: HolyCat/(Jinx Catter) "so many xenos" (Cytology Lab (167,85,2))
[2022-04-05 17:08:26.170] SAY: HolyCat/(Jinx Catter) "ignore xenos" (Xenobiology Lab (171,85,2))
[2022-04-05 17:08:29.717] SAY: HolyCat/(Jinx Catter) "lthey are good" (Xenobiology Lab (171,85,2))
[2022-04-05 17:09:42.991] SAY: HolyCat/(Jinx Catter) "tell her and her children to come to shuttle kit" (Cytology Lab (165,85,2))
[2022-04-05 17:11:35.089] SAY: HolyCat/(Jinx Catter) "breaking news friendly xenos migrating to shuttle kit=" (Cytology Lab (165,85,2))
[2022-04-05 17:13:00.727] SAY: HolyCat/(Jinx Catter) "stop hurting them" (Research Division (132,92,2))
[2022-04-05 17:13:33.710] SAY: HolyCat/(Jinx Catter) "stop hurting aliens" (Research Director's Office (130,96,2))
[2022-04-05 17:16:37.058] SAY: HolyCat/(Jinx Catter) "XENOS ARE FRIENDLY" (Emergency Shuttle (97,54,2))
[2022-04-05 17:16:42.645] SAY: HolyCat/(Jinx Catter) "BUT YOU STARTED FIRST" (Emergency Shuttle (97,54,2))
[2022-04-05 17:19:13.818] WHISPER: HolyCat/(Jinx Catter) "GOOD LUCK" (Emergency Shuttle (93,54,2))
[2022-04-05 17:19:13.822] EMOTE: HolyCat/(Jinx Catter) seizes up and falls limp, their eyes dead and lifeless... (Emergency Shuttle (93,54,2))

remembering past lives as a ghost role but its just alien chat so whatever

[2022-04-05 17:21:05.897] SAY: HolyCat/(alien larva (670)) "i nursed you" (Xenobiology Hallway (161,86,2))
[2022-04-05 17:21:12.705] SAY: HolyCat/(alien larva (670)) "from the start" (Xenobiology Hallway (161,86,2))
[2022-04-05 17:21:17.649] SAY: HolyCat/(alien larva (670)) "to the end" (Xenobiology Hallway (161,86,2))
[2022-04-05 17:21:27.623] SAY: HolyCat/(alien larva (670)) "but people attacked you no matter what i said" (Xenobiology Hallway (161,86,2))
[2022-04-05 17:21:32.115] SAY: HolyCat/(alien larva (670)) "pretty cringe" (Xenobiology Hallway (161,86,2))

roundend stuff

[2022-04-05 17:23:30.232] OOC: HolyCat/(alien hunter (670)) "I TOLD YOU TO NOT KILL HTEM" (Departure Lounge (108,68,2))
[2022-04-05 17:23:35.084] OOC: HolyCat/(alien hunter (670)) "THEY KILLED BACK" (Departure Lounge (108,68,2))
[2022-04-05 17:23:45.884] OOC: HolyCat/(alien hunter (670)) "BECAUSE OF YOU ATTACKING THEM" (Departure Lounge (108,68,2))
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #643570

oh man that's cringe
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #643572

NoxVS wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:31 pm (snip)
I admittedly should've included some of this shit in the ban note, but I didn't want it to be fucking massive.
Spoiler:

massa

Post by massa » #643586

Valorium wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:05 pm

this is 100% unpasteurized mrp cope

the guy did earn a ban but the fact it's ridiculous is perma. this is like a week ban at msot.