Players can run events FYI

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Players can run events FYI

Post by WineAllWine » #644030

Do you have a cool idea for an event?
You can post in the events workshop, sure, but you also might be able to run it yourself! If you have a good standing you can ahelp an AdminTrainer/ GameMaster with your idea, and if they approve they can give you an EventRunner role. This lets you do the fun thing you want to do with players, and if you want to be an admin someday is an excellent mark on your record.

Any admin also has the ability to give you build-mode. Ask 'em if they're willing to give you build mode to make a cool themed escape shuttle or something.
CandyClown
Byond Username: CandyClown

Re: Players can run events FYI

Post by CandyClown » #644031

Space Station 13 but the controls are reversed. There, now make me a headmin.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #644034

CandyClown wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:29 pm Space Station 13 but the controls are reversed. There, now make me a headmin.
ok
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #644035

Nice! I always felt like running events, but thought that this was locked behind adminship, and just never really dwelled much on this.
I'll cook something up the coming weeks, we can create some sci-fi material right here. Just so you know, I really like the events that are something special and that have a major impact on the round, altering it significantly. And I want to make sure that these are as accessible as possible for everyone, and easily understood.

Look forward to that!

With eventful regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #644036

admins give me 1000 billion antag tokens event
► Show Spoiler
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #644043

BONERMASTER wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:52 pm Nice! I always felt like running events, but thought that this was locked behind adminship, and just never really dwelled much on this.
I'll cook something up the coming weeks, we can create some sci-fi material right here. Just so you know, I really like the events that are something special and that have a major impact on the round, altering it significantly. And I want to make sure that these are as accessible as possible for everyone, and easily understood.

Look forward to that!

With eventful regards
-BONERMASTER
I love this, I hope you can come up with something fun that will make players happy!
CandyClown
Byond Username: CandyClown

Post by CandyClown » #644046

WineAllWine wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:35 am
BONERMASTER wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:52 pm Nice! I always felt like running events, but thought that this was locked behind adminship, and just never really dwelled much on this.

Look forward to that!

With eventful regards
-BONERMASTER
I love this, I hope you can come up with something fun that will make players happy!
We need an in-game trial, with forced participation. Like a spess murder mystery and every crew member is a suspect.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #644059

i really wish we would do another talent show
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #644128

Players run events all the time on Sybil where they break into the armoury and grief sec. Usually takes a crane to get them out, haha!
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #644190

I've always wanted to run a changeling hunt event, where the goal is to capture a live changeling and send it to centcomm.
Should probably be done on a relatively low-threatround.

Phase 1. A priority message is printed out at comms consoles, a secondary announcement is made to emphasize its important.
High clearance document, Command staff eyes only
A captive alien shapeshifter held at central command's Ultra-high security containment facilities has escaped from confinement.
We have determined with 98.3% certainty that the creature boarded Space station 13 during its staffing process under the guise of a disposal pipes inspector.
We require that the creature is returned to us ALIVE and pacified.
The shape shifter has the capacity to impersonate crewmates, and it is unlikely to stay in any one form for very long.
Lucky, we have a long rang surveillance bug implanted in the creature, and can use this device to give you periodic updates on the creatures location, and what kind of clothing they are wearing.
Additionally, we have some equipment that may be useful in containment of the creature.
We have the ability to send an additional support team to assist in the creature's capture, but given the cost of such a team we require that you must confirm the death of at least two crewmember's at the shapeshifters hand.

You should contact us immediately for the following:
-On what radio channel you want to have periodic updates on the shapeshifter's position broadcasted
-What part of the station would you like your extra equipment sent

Contact us in the future for any of the following reasons
-The creature has been successfully captured (we will send a shuttle with a representative to collect them)
-You have confirmed the death of at least two (2) crewmember's that have been murdered by the shapeshifter. (We will send a strike team to assist in the containment efforts.)
-The shapeshifter has been permanently killed (woe be the fool who destroyed Nanotrasen property)
Phase 2. Spawn in a changeling in maintenance with a random identity and an ID card labeled disposal pipes inspector with maint access.
Subtle PM them with a message from the changeling hive mind.
You are an escaped changeling from a Nanotrasen containment facility, you have managed to sneak aboard this state of the art space station by brutally murdering and taking the guise of a disposal pipes inspector.
Nanotrasen has learned of your escape, and will surely make efforts to re-contain you. You have been fitted with a surveillance device that will periodically transmit locational data back to Nanotrasen.
Nanotrasen forces will try to capture you ALIVE, it is recommended that you take mutations that might help you escape from people trying to capture you such as Biodegrade, Anatomic Panacea, and Digital Camouflage.
Be careful with your violence. If Nanotrasen is given evidence that you are an extreme threat, they will fund a taskforce specifically designed to hunt you down.
If you can escape on the emergency shuttle, you can meet up with tiger cooperative cult members and have your surveillance device, and then you will truly be out of the clutches of your captors.
That priority announcement was probably about you, if you could get your hands on it, it would probably give you better intel about what your enemy knows.
Phase 3.
Drop down a drop pod containing BZ tanks (to prevent chemical regeneration) with medical masks, 2 strait jackets, 2 syringe guns, a box of syringes, and 2 bottles of Chloral Hydrate in the place that is specified by whoever responds to the message
Every 5-10 minutes, announce the location of the changeling on the given channel alongside a piece of clothing they are wearing (eg. Labcoat, Medical hud, clown shoes, service headset, etc)

Phase 4.
Send sombrero drop pods all over the station, announce that the clothing item the changeling is wearing is a sombrero.

IF the changeling is successfully captured AND someone sends a message that they are ready to be picked up:
Send a transit shuttle containing a Nanotrasen representative to pick up the changeling, and given the objective to belittle the changeling for being caught, and taunt it about how it's going into a holding cell forever. If the changeling is successfully brought back to centcomm, the changeling looses, and gets despawned (or not if the rounds almost over, maybe make them a fun welcome to centcomm gift)

IF someone sends a message confirming a the changline murdered 2 or more people.
Send a ERT/Group of interns, start announcing changeling callouts over centcomm frequencies

IF the chageling gets gibed AND someone sends a message to centcomm confirming so
Centcomm urges the station to hold a trial for whoever killed the changeling, and sends a as a judge.

Phase 5
Improvise during unexpected situations to maximize fun.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
InfiniteGalaxies
Byond Username: InfiniteGalaxies

Post by InfiniteGalaxies » #644197

check my thread in event workshop
► Show Spoiler
Plays Manuel and TGMC.

Ticky tocky goes clocky, you did an icky ocky!