Smart HoS deploys bait for traitor Traitor Takes Bait HoS gets job banned

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
XII3912
Byond Username: EMX55

Smart HoS deploys bait for traitor Traitor Takes Bait HoS gets job banned

Post by XII3912 » #647480

viewtopic.php?p=647478#p647478

can't believe a dude ate a 3d Sec ban for baiting a suspected tot into doing something potentially traitorous
Last edited by XII3912 on Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Re: Smart HoS deploys bait for traitor Traitor Takes Bait HoS gets banned

Post by Turbonerd » #647484

He used an imgur link as his ban reason, so maybe it's kinda justified, even if that's not the ban reason.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Re: Smart HoS deploys bait for traitor Traitor Takes Bait HoS gets job banned

Post by toemas » #647489

sinful literally just lied on the ground and pressed the deathgasp button, i have zero idea why he would think this is an effective way to trick someone into thinking hes dead, zero idea why vekter banned him for this, when killing him was, in his own words, justified before he "tricked" him [honestly it doesnt seem justified to me] overall this is completely bizarre
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #647491

what a weird ban.
Image Image
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #647503

whole thing sounds stupid
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #647505

I don't know if 'Smart' is the term I'd use to describe this. Isn't the entire reason tiding is such an epidemic on LRP because people are too lazy to go ";AI please let me in here".

Add in that This Is The Brig and "hey lemme out of the brig please ignore the dead HoS next to me" would get him let out and immediately accused over comms for killing him.

Add in that the only real way I can think of for him to just spontaneously drop dead would be Amanitin, (heart attacks, as he suggested as a possibility, would actually stunlock him for a bit first while he died of oxy-loss, unless they've changed how they work recently) which most people wouldn't expect, and this whole thing was just really dumb.

Iunno if it's worthy of a ban, especially if he already had (albeit incorrect) information declaring the guy as Valid, but it was insanely smallbrained.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #647507

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:58 am Isn't the entire reason tiding is such an epidemic on LRP because people are too lazy to go ";AI please let me in here".
how the fuck did you come to the conclusion that asking other people to open things for you is more lazy then taking it into your own hands and doing it yourself
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #647508

Honestly the only person from that round who deserves a ban is DonnovanSmith for constantly reporting crimes as a silicon, who not only contributed to a human engineer getting killed by reporting that crime but also reported it erroneously since SunStarer was the baddie if I'm reading the thread correctly. DonnovanSmith has a history of doing this.

AxleBrady meanwhile is a pretty lenient HoS. He pretty frequently doesn't round remove antags. The entrapment thing was weird but the engineer was basically framed by the AI.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #647509

I don't like the way Axle entrapped the person - if he already had a reason to kill him, why bother with this cat-and-mouse.
A smarter person would see through it by looking at Axle and seeing (not dead).
Not arguing with the execution itself, that's on the AI reporting the wrong crime and AwkwardStereo ordering him to arrest, with the other evidence being clear.
Though I would have preferred an interrogation and gulag myself.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #647513

Hey Sin, have you forgotten your ways? If you don't have enough evidence beyond a reasonable doubt, but they're too dangerous to release, then you hold a trial!
You let the captain or whoever else be the judge. If they say guilty, and you blow the brains out of this guy, it is on them!
That is called shifting responsibilities, and it is an essential skill to have as a HOS. I am surprised that you didn't resort to that, given your history of fighting in so many ban appeal trials!

With surprised regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #647515

toemas wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:19 am
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:58 am Isn't the entire reason tiding is such an epidemic on LRP because people are too lazy to go ";AI please let me in here".
how the fuck did you come to the conclusion that asking other people to open things for you is more lazy then taking it into your own hands and doing it yourself
Because that's the reason people always say when you say they shouldn't just tide into everywhere. "I don't wanna wait around for someone to open the door".
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #647520

dirk_mcblade wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:33 am Honestly the only person from that round who deserves a ban is DonnovanSmith for constantly reporting crimes as a silicon, who not only contributed to a human engineer getting killed by reporting that crime but also reported it erroneously since SunStarer was the baddie if I'm reading the thread correctly. DonnovanSmith has a history of doing this.
Fun fact: this same Asimov AI (later) stated a fake law 4, pretending to be one-humaned by the QM. This resulted in the QM getting his head torn off by the captain, at which point the AI mentioned it was a prank. He also let the clown into the armory to deepfry it roundstart (but this much is expected).
Last edited by sinfulbliss on Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #647521

BONERMASTER wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:39 am You let the captain or whoever else be the judge. If they say guilty, and you blow the brains out of this guy, it is on them!
That is called shifting responsibilities, and it is an essential skill to have as a HOS. I am surprised that you didn't resort to that, given your history of fighting in so many ban appeal trials!

With surprised regards
-BONERMASTER
I am aware of this strategy and see people do it often, but doesn't it seem weaselly? Intentionally avoiding taking the necessary risk yourself even though the person you ask wouldn't know any better either, just so you can point to them in the event of an ahelp! In fact, Mr. BONERMASTER, I would say this sort of behavior is what leads to indecisive, spineless security players, who sit there nervously waiting for someone else to call the shots - and nothing ever gets done!!

With audacious regards,
SinfulBliss
Spoiler:
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #647528

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:43 am
dirk_mcblade wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:33 am Honestly the only person from that round who deserves a ban is DonnovanSmith for constantly reporting crimes as a silicon, who not only contributed to a human engineer getting killed by reporting that crime but also reported it erroneously since SunStarer was the baddie if I'm reading the thread correctly. DonnovanSmith has a history of doing this.
Fun fact: this same Asimov AI (later) stated a fake law 4, pretending to be one-humaned by the QM. This resulted in the QM getting his head torn off by the captain, at which point the AI mentioned it was a prank. He also let the clown into the armory to deepfry it roundstart (but this much is expected).
If the admins do nothing about it, a traitor fatwa ought to be declared against this particular AI because it's a shit Asimov.
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #647529

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:47 am I am aware of this strategy and see people do it often, but doesn't it seem weaselly? Intentionally avoiding taking the necessary risk yourself even though the person you ask wouldn't know any better either, just so you can point to them in the event of an ahelp! In fact, Mr. BONERMASTER, I would say this sort of behavior is what leads to indecisive, spineless security players, who sit there nervously waiting for someone else to call the shots - and nothing ever gets done!!

With audacious regards,
SinfulBliss
What do you mean it's weaselly and spineless? :D
You are using a fair, RP heavy process (which is encouraged by the admins), and the highest level of justice is achieved. That is far from nothing getting done, Mr. Sinfulbliss!
Besides, if no one can be found to be the judge, you can always select a handful of totally random jurors to make the judgement together! And if say you accidentally forgot that these require an unanimous decision and not just a simple majority vote, and a couple of items helpful to their decision making somehow end up in their possession, just pure theory here, then that would be not a fair judgement and you would of course revert the decision and do it all over again, properly!

And let's say, what about the jurors, what if the admin starts grilling them? Well, they made a decision together just looking at the facts of the matter, and it convincingly told them that one party is right and the other is not. They alone couldn't make the decision, so they can't be banned alone. Would an admin ever dare interfering in a fair and legally sound process in such a way as to ban the jurors, for reaching a decision that they disagree with?
That sounds like an admin-complaint to me!

Ultimately, if that's how the admin team wants you to play the game, then that is the difference between playing HOS and getting banned for 3 days, wouldn't you say?

With questioning regards
-BONERMASTER

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #647534

BONERMASTER wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:37 am What do you mean it's weaselly and spineless? :D
You are using a fair, RP heavy process (which is encouraged by the admins), and the highest level of justice is achieved. That is far from nothing getting done, Mr. Sinfulbliss!
Besides, if no one can be found to be the judge, you can always select a handful of totally random jurors to make the judgement together! And if say you accidentally forgot that these require an unanimous decision and not just a simple majority vote, and a couple of items helpful to their decision making somehow end up in their possession, just pure theory here, then that would be not a fair judgement and you would of course revert the decision and do it all over again, properly!

And let's say, what about the jurors, what if the admin starts grilling them? Well, they made a decision together just looking at the facts of the matter, and it convincingly told them that one party is right and the other is not. They alone couldn't make the decision, so they can't be banned alone. Would an admin ever dare interfering in a fair and legally sound process in such a way as to ban the jurors, for reaching a decision that they disagree with?
That sounds like an admin-complaint to me!

Ultimately, if that's how the admin team wants you to play the game, then that is the difference between playing HOS and getting banned for 3 days, wouldn't you say?

With questioning regards
-BONERMASTER
Surely you aren't claiming that pawning off a man's fate to the nearest unsuspecting schmuck in blue is the highest form of justice! Or worse - a jury of one's "peers," viz.: the very people who have eagerly awaited your downfall from the very beginning, chomping at the bit to get a taste of pig blood - whether that blood is drawn by admins or by the traitor whom they will vote to release, it's all the same. Lambs to the slaughter!

Or - you could grab life by the balls, rack your tiny sec brain to muster up a little something called resolve, and have the integrity to seal the deal yourself. And you know what, "Mr." BONERMASTER, if the price of that integrity is pleading one's case in a court of appeals to an administrator, well, Robert Frost puts it best:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

With poetic regards,
SinfulBliss
Spoiler:
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #647553

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:04 am Or - you could grab life by the balls, rack your tiny sec brain to muster up a little something called resolve, and have the integrity to seal the deal yourself. And you know what, "Mr." BONERMASTER, if the price of that integrity is pleading one's case in a court of appeals to an administrator, well, Robert Frost puts it best:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

With poetic regards,
SinfulBliss
Ha ha ha, right you are "Mr." Sinfulbliss, taking massive risk and just getting it done quickly is clearly the way that security is meant to be played! Be brave, and just do it!
I am not saying it will happen, and I hope it doesn't, but if you get banned, I will be here for you when you come snivelling to our doorsteps and request counsel! 😁

With admiring regards
-BONERMASTER

Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #647594

Sinful is too hardboiled for the security department, hes a loosecannon. Turn in your ID and baton at my desk.