I liked old hijacking better.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

I liked old hijacking better.

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #649728

I really don't have a well written out list of reasons or anything, its kind of just more of a vibe. Its cool and all, and its not bad, but I don't know man I liked the old way better.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: I liked old hijacking better.

Post by Pandarsenic » #649730

Was it changed because coders are afraid to let people fight over the shuttle until there is but one Gamer standing?

(or was it because people were hiding in lockers or crates to deny the hijack)
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #649731

Pandarsenic wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:17 am (or was it because people were hiding in lockers or crates to deny the hijack)
I liked this part, the hunt was interesting.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #649733

nu-hihacking kind of blows because on MRP it doesnt give you a kill pass, even though as soon as you hijack everyone on board the ship beelines it to the bridge. right now there's also no objective tied to doing the hijack, and it's very easy to do it if there's like more than 4 people on the bridge because then it becomes impossible to tell who's actually doing it.

in conclusion i liked old hijacking
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #649734

iwishforducks wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:50 am nu-hihacking kind of blows because on MRP it doesnt give you a kill pass, even though as soon as you hijack everyone on board the ship beelines it to the bridge. right now there's also no objective tied to doing the hijack, and it's very easy to do it if there's like more than 4 people on the bridge because then it becomes impossible to tell who's actually doing it.

You can still deal with people who attempt to stop you :b
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #649736

cybersaber101 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:52 am
iwishforducks wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:50 am nu-hihacking kind of blows because on MRP it doesnt give you a kill pass, even though as soon as you hijack everyone on board the ship beelines it to the bridge. right now there's also no objective tied to doing the hijack, and it's very easy to do it if there's like more than 4 people on the bridge because then it becomes impossible to tell who's actually doing it.

You can still deal with people who attempt to stop you :b
Ah, yes, dealing with a horde that easily amasses to more than 10 players. The only viable options to this are to bomb the shuttle to smithereens- but that would be murderboning.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #650467

Not my problem if Manuel admins want to piss themselves whenever an antagonist does something remotely destructive. It technically is and was an objective for most antagonists when implemented, and the intent was always to give traitors an opportunity to still complete that objective without having to scour the shuttle for one invisible piece of shit sitting behind an outer shuttle wall. If people want to hide, they might as well have forfeited the shuttle, and that seems fine to me. I don't think we should reward people who hide. More importantly, I don't understand why people are equating that original design with a better experience. Hijack was so easy to cheese a failure, that doing the objective was more luck than actual skill (or at least, there was one practical method and it was leaving the shuttle a single tile on which you stood, which meant you couldn't really be very creative with how you completed the objective and guarantee a success).

The problem with it being less than obvious who is hijacking is a reasonable one, and there is a few easy fixes for that. Namely, just adding a balloon alert for completing a stage over the person who did it. That way, you can't just hide amongst a crowd while hijacking, and it's pretty much a single line change probably. And then the only reasonable way to do it is to murder everyone in that cockpit, as I would hope.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #650521

Pandarsenic wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:17 am Was it changed because coders are afraid to let people fight over the shuttle until there is but one Gamer standing?

(or was it because people were hiding in lockers or crates to deny the hijack)
No it was changed so I could hijack the shuttle as a crab that one time
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
mindstormy
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Mindstormy

Post by mindstormy » #650704

Murderboning should 100% be allowed on MRP if you are hijacking.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #650815

mindstormy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:45 pm

Murderboning should 100% be allowed on MRP if you are hijacking.
It is
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #651039

Remember when people used to hide in the engines and you were fucked if you tried to hijack even if you did know that
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote: