PDA message spam nut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

PDA message spam nut

Post by Vekter » #657093

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32823

If you ever have to ask yourself the question, "Does this specific admin have it out for me?", the answer is no.

Also two weeks is a little excessive but he did leave in the middle of the ahelp, so that usually gets you slapped harder.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Re: PDA message spam nut

Post by Kendrickorium » #657279

Timberpoes wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:05 pm You know what, fuck it. I have the power.

They've recently returned to our servers following a decently long break. https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/ckey/handsoffate123

They have picked up 7 notes (one of which was a ban) since 13th Oct this year.

One about silicon law priority, one about calling someone a ling as a joke that ended in a lynching, one about inscribing an apocalypse rune in an actively-being-used summoning location as a cultist, one for spraypainting "Cult is gey niger", one for blowing a hole in the station testing grenades, one for utilising lethal force when it wasn't warranted as sec, and finally an hour ban for using a gunpowder grenade against a sec officer as a non-antag.

These are just summaries of the notes. Some of them are longer or have more detail or context.
how the fuck is this idiot not permad? jesus fucking christ
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #657280

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:04 am
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:05 pm You know what, fuck it. I have the power.

They've recently returned to our servers following a decently long break. https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/ckey/handsoffate123

One about silicon law priority, one about calling someone a ling as a joke that ended in a lynching, one about inscribing an apocalypse rune in an actively-being-used summoning location as a cultist, one for spraypainting "Cult is gey niger", one for blowing a hole in the station testing grenades, one for utilising lethal force when it wasn't warranted as sec, and finally an hour ban for using a gunpowder grenade against a sec officer as a non-antag.

These are just summaries of the notes. Some of them are longer or have more detail or context.
Unironically, a significant reason is having to put up with ban appeals (and tbh Peanut Threads) like this. It's easy to throw out a few day bans to kick the can down the road. It's hard to be the one who puts their foot down and goes "This person is a nuisance who makes the game worse for everyone."
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #657312

Pandarsenic wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:29 am

Unironically, a significant reason is having to put up with ban appeals (and tbh Peanut Threads) like this. It's easy to throw out a few day bans to kick the can down the road. It's hard to be the one who puts their foot down and goes "This person is a nuisance who makes the game worse for everyone."
That's just a bullshit reason. If you don't perma shitters they're just gonna drive other players away. I've seen people ban and note the same person over and over before I came in and slapped a perma on them. Be gentle on players who make mistakes or lost their cool once, be hard on habitual shitters.

Make your case properly with all information when they appeal and deny it, don't keep going back and forward with walls of texts. If the headmins think you're wrong then they'll deal with it.

Sure people with terrible opinions will cry in the hut(see sinful in this thread) but who cares what they think?
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #657336

Timberpoes wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:05 pm They have picked up 7 notes (one of which was a ban) since 13th Oct this year.

Sinful's been real quiet since this dropped.

Meme aside, I guess that's that. What little defense could be given in the PDA spammer's favor is basically null and void.

On an unrelated note, does anyone have Endless Legend and feel like playing it? I've been looking for people to play it with recently.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #657342

Dax Dupont wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:45 pm
Pandarsenic wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:29 am

That's just a bullshit reason. If you don't perma shitters they're just gonna drive other players away. I've seen people ban and note the same person over and over before I came in and slapped a perma on them. Be gentle on players who make mistakes or lost their cool once, be hard on habitual shitters.

Make your case properly with all information when they appeal and deny it, don't keep going back and forward with walls of texts. If the headmins think you're wrong then they'll deal with it.

Sure people with terrible opinions will cry in the hut(see sinful in this thread) but who cares what they think?
yep, i am much less inclined to play when i see helplesscrane (lucy cicero) on. feel free to hop on sybil one of these nights, watch them for exactly 5 minutes and drop the fucking perma on them finally, because no one else seems to have the fucking balls to do it
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #657372

I didn't say it's a good reason, but it's a real reason.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #657414

Sad that the ban length got reduced. It should've raised.