"But officer, I had to disintegrate those corpses as self defense!"

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

"But officer, I had to disintegrate those corpses as self defense!"

Post by Vekter » #657424

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32844

Jokes aside, this does seem kind of odd, even on Manuel.

Though I'm tempted to just close his appeal by simple virtue of him using the word "kafkaesque".
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Re: "But officer, I had to disintegrate those corpses as self defense!"

Post by chocolate_bickie » #657428

Upheld, rule 1.

Rules say you did nothing wrong?

Guess what, fuck you.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #657429

Yeah Base rule 4 + roleplay rule 5 say this is totally fine. Shoulda flashed the rogue borg and tossed it in the SM if they didn't wanna get dusted themselves.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #657432

Okay at this point the rules don’t matter anymore, just ban anyone who kills people.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #657433

Literally 14 minutes AFTER my rage post delaron says it is probably a rule 1 issue instead in the actual appeal.

You can't make this shit up.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #657434

Pro: Vekter has improved their peanut thread title game
Con: Vekter is now considering enforcing rules that exist only in their head on appeals.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #657437

HOLY SHIT WHAT HAPPENED TO RULE 4 ANTAGS CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #657438

I thought the EORG ERT appeal was the most ridiculous recent ban/note. I guess Delaron wanted to one-up Riggle.

"Haha you're noted under RP rule 5... oh, that didn't apply anymore when I gave you the note? ok, you were actually noted under rule 1 even though antagonists are largely immune to that. If the headmins tell me i'm wrong, I'll remove the note, but it sticks until then! Teehee~!"
What the fuck? Just admit that you're wrong and remove the note. The headmins don't even need to get involved. It isn't hard.

ed: making the headmins weigh in on it makes them waste their time on a note that should obviously be removed and also delays the speed at which the wrongfully placed note is removed, meaning it might wrongly affect admin decision making in the meantime. "Notes are not punishments", sure, but they're often used to justify punishments, so wrongly placed notes are just as bad as and might as well be punishments.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #657439

Not sure why the admin doesn’t just lift it themselves. If the AI is an unrestricted antag then why would rule 1 apply?

It’s also kind of wack to ban someone for murderboning and then once you find out it’s not actually murderboning, to say “oh actually it’s rule 1.” Just lift the ban, there’s no need to put more work on the headmins.
Spoiler:
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #657441

sinful over here deliberately agreeing with me to make me look bad shaking my smh
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
trexter555
Byond Username: Trexter555

Post by trexter555 » #657442

damn
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #657444

I don't like the precedent this ban sets. Losing is part of the game, and malfunctioning silicon are supposed to be one of the more scary antagonists. Death doesn't have a lot of meaning if you can get revived 5 minutes later in absolutely perfect condition. People were even validhunting them (seriously, validhunting in what's supposed to be a heavier roleplaying server? The wording makes it sound like random people chasing the borg outside their department, but maybe that's just my lame imagination).
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #657452

Holy shit Manuel has gone off the deep end ruleswise
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #657453

Nabski wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:29 pm Pro: Vekter has improved their peanut thread title game
Con: Vekter is now considering enforcing rules that exist only in their head on appeals.
only slightly, i find that good titles read like newspaper headlines

also could someone explain to me what this new malf policy is
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #657454

Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:06 am also could someone explain to me what this new malf policy is
Malf AI used to only be allowed to murderbone when it went delta.

It has now been totally unshackled and has complete murderbone permissions (like wizard or nukies), but Dynamic has been tweaked to disable it spawning roundstart (so it's midround only).

Follows the same rules as LRP.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #657456

And inevitable outcome, but I'm happy to see the headmin team put pen to paper that MRP antags can, indeed, act like antags regardless when being an antag makes sense.

A small but welcome rip in the cotton wool wrapped around the players seeking conflict with antags and going all pikoh when they get round removed for it.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #657463

Oh thank god they overturned it
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #657467

tutorial has once more become manual :lol:
► Show Spoiler
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #657489

this is a very good ruling and important one in terms of MRP policy
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #657497

Cool, good ruling on this one. I see where both sides were coming from but the headmins had this right.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #657575

Good ruling. Noting someone for "murderbone" for RRing an antag hunter during an action filled open combat malf round was crazy!
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #657667

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:49 pm HOLY SHIT WHAT HAPPENED TO RULE 4 ANTAGS CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT
spookuni wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:10 pm Maybe the rules of the game being suspended in EoRG for the normal minute or so that it lasts while the server resets means that the fundamental idea that "maybe you shouldn't be a dick to the people behind the other screens" is also suspended; irrelevant other context (like the normal minute long reset timer where everyone gets at least a chance to participate getting dragged out to nearly ten times its normal duration with most people locked out of the ability to do anything at all), but frankly I'd rather it didn't, so here we are :shrug:
Spookuni doesn't like that rule, and for some reason, spookuni was made a headmin.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #657673

Tearling wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:40 pm Spookuni doesn't like that rule, and for some reason, spookuni was made a headmin.
I've been staring at this post for a solid like 5 minutes and I don't yet know what they meant by this.
Is this an argument against the existence of the host vote?
Is this an argument against Spookuni specifically, with the implication that they were a poor choice for the host vote?
Is this an argument generally that people who disagree with the rules shouldn't be made headmin? (This one would be odd since isn't the purpose of headmins to disagree with the rules, and in doing so improve them?)
All of these? None of them? What did they mean by this?
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #657678

Jackraxxus wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:10 pm
Tearling wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:40 pm Spookuni doesn't like that rule, and for some reason, spookuni was made a headmin.
I've been staring at this post for a solid like 5 minutes and I don't yet know what they meant by this.
Is this an argument against the existence of the host vote?
Is this an argument against Spookuni specifically, with the implication that they were a poor choice for the host vote?
Is this an argument generally that people who disagree with the rules shouldn't be made headmin? (This one would be odd since isn't the purpose of headmins to disagree with the rules, and in doing so improve them?)
All of these? None of them? What did they mean by this?
It means absolutely nothing, it's just a Tearling Moment.
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #657746

Jackraxxus wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:10 pm
I implore you to keep staring at the post, dwelling on it to your hearts content.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.