“I am sorry” vs “3 day ban for bomb on shuttle 30 seconds before round ends isn’t fair”

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

“I am sorry” vs “3 day ban for bomb on shuttle 30 seconds before round ends isn’t fair”

Post by Epicgamer545 » #658474

viewtopic.php?t=32922&view=unread#unread

You don’t know how easy it would be if you just said sorry. Sure, it didn’t get you anywhere, and saying sorry last minute did not help you in the end, but if you took some more time explaining why you should be unbanned, maybe you would have appealed a 3 day ban.

Also, why not just wait for the three days to end? Why not just do something else for a while? Sometimes, I don’t understand why everyone goes this strategy every single time.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Re: “I am sorry” vs “3 day ban for bomb on shuttle 30 seconds before round ends isn’t fair”

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #658481

I've never understood why it's so hard for people to be like "You know what, I fucked up, I am sorry" in an ahelp. I've gotten ahelped three times in total (once on goon, twice on TG) and just being civil during the ahelp goes a long way towards reducing or outright eliminating any sort of punishment you may receive outside of a finger wag and maybe a note if it was deemed noteworthy enough.

Admins boinking you are mostly just asking you to stop doing whatever you are doing, trying to get your side of the story if someone ahelped you/they observed you doing something potentially rulebreaking, or to tell you not do whatever you did in the future.

Also the argument of "it was just 30 seconds left before round end" is dumb. Although not a rulebreak, it falls under eorg prep and eorg prep is mega ultra cringe.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Re: “I am sorry” vs “3 day ban for bomb on shuttle 30 seconds before round ends isn’t fair”

Post by Turbonerd » #658495

I hope his ban gets extended for that awful appeal.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #658496

Admins don't want to ban you. We don't want to deal with the inevitable appeal when you're a bit of a Turd Ferguson and talk your way out of a verbal warning or note and into a ban.

We just want you to pretend like you're listening to us, pretend like you accept what we're saying and pretend like you won't go back and break the rules again 2 minutes after we close out the ticket.

That illusion is the grease that keeps the tgstation cogs all turning.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Scriptis
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #658501

the goal of administration is remediation, not removal
Spoiler:
delete chemistry
Spoiler:

Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #658503

Scriptis wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:23 pm
Spoiler:
delete chemistry
Spoiler:
delete ph
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #658525

This isn't the same guy who made a digg post complaining about his ban, is it?
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Imaginos
Byond Username: PositiveEntropy

Post by Imaginos » #658531

BeeSting12 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:20 am This isn't the same guy who made a digg post complaining about his ban, is it?
No.
Hello! I'm PositiveEntropy, Spritetainer and AdminTrainer extraordinaire! If you feel like sending any feedback, you may be interested in checking it out here.

BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #658544

Imaginos wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:13 am
BeeSting12 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:20 am This isn't the same guy who made a digg post complaining about his ban, is it?
No.
Ah so the stupidity is more widespread than just one person. Also, he really couldn't just take the L and sit out from tgstation's servers for 3 days. Like not even all of ss13 just us lol
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #658578

Timberpoes wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:08 pm Admins don't want to ban you. We don't want to deal with the inevitable appeal when you're a bit of a Turd Ferguson and talk your way out of a verbal warning or note and into a ban.

We just want you to pretend like you're listening to us, pretend like you accept what we're saying and pretend like you won't go back and break the rules again 2 minutes after we close out the ticket.

That illusion is the grease that keeps the tgstation cogs all turning.
This holy fucking shit thiiiiiiiiiiis please god damn it's not hard

If you did something fucking stupid and you know it was fucking stupid just apologize for it and nine times out of ten if your history isn't awful we'll go "okay sure, don't do it again" and lift the ban, or hell, we might not even ban you if it's an understandable mistake

I don't want to ban some dude from playing the game because he had poor judgement once in the last few months, I just want you to not do stupid bullshit and act like you're the victim when you get slapped for it
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you