Malicious Manuel Metagrudger Macademia

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Malicious Manuel Metagrudger Macademia

Post by Farquaar » #658998

Bottom post of the previous page:

Pie throwing is a restricted prank NO MOONLIGHTING.
► Show Spoiler
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Re: Malicious Manuel Metagrudger Macademia

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #660152

blackdav123 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:24 am
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:12 am
blackdav123 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:51 pm
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:43 pm Maybe LRP is different, but the goal on MRP (and I'd argue with the existence of Rule 12, it DOES still apply to LRP, too)
rule 12 does not apply to antags on lrp you can do as much anti fun shit as you want
Fair enough. I'd still argue that while you're allowed to be a boring Station Depopulation Any% runner, you should still try and make the round more interesting for your presence in it, though. But idk the culture and whether or not you're likely to just get Instant RR'd for having contraband.
it really depends on the sec player but I definitely think there has been a recent movement away from executing people just for having contraband
most of the sec mains that do this kind of thing dont tend to last long without a secban or permaban
That's good, then. I've always been kinda interested in seeing what things are like on the LRP side, but I've always been worried by the uhh. Somewhat Win-focused approach I hear about a lot.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #660157

when im traitor i like to take missions to kill moths and then i just inconvenience them with swatters and pest spray and run away screaming FOILED AGAIN when they shove me
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #660164

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:01 pm HOLY SHIT IT'S MARIANNE CATLAY AGAIN.

Let me tell you the story of my singular encounter with Marianne Catlay and her catgirl metafriend, Madelyn Finch
I've been on manuel for, like, seven to eight months now, and they are the only friend group I'm confused about.

There are quite a few "friend" groups on Manuel; they'll still murder each other and stuff when the situation is right (objectives or as collateral) but I see it as somewhat harmless since it doesn't affect IC decision-making (from what I can tell) The only thing I really object to in those instances is when they try and carry over stuff that happened last round. That in and of itself is a bit bad, in my opinion, since I always try and start the next round with a completely clean slate towards everyone (which is why I just go "huh?" when someone brings up something that happened in a previous round)

Then there's whatever the heck Marianne and Madelyn do. They so often hang out with each other, are seemingly coordinated without talking all that much. Then they just spend 90% of the shift either wordlessly giving each other piggybacks, or pulling eachother around the station, or they're just sitting in a random maint room for half the round. I just don't get it.

Part of the thing I enjoy so much about SS13 is that it's still a fairly social game. My favorite thing is making a friendship in that round, and it essentially is a Chekhov's gun for later in the round. Sometimes I've been rescued from a perilous situation by an assistant who risked everything simply because I gave tools to them earlier as a CT; other times I've had someone make sure I don't survive a disaster because I became enemies with them or repeatedly got in their way while they were going for objectives in the department I was working in. It's great. It's always a funny thing being killed by someone or fighting someone in a previous round to end up in the same department the next round, and you look at each other like:

I would be 100% unsurprised if they were actually metacomming.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #660170

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:43 pm That's what Spookuni's getting at. Axle is good enough at the game to be able to get away with doing the stuff that isn't going to be Super Optimal, but makes the round a lot more interesting.
[…]
People can dislike what you did for different reasons than being a part of a metagang you were opposing.
Here’s the thing right… I actually did choose the suboptimal play for roleplay reasons. The optimal play would have been to do the objective on Marianne after she offered it to me. That also would’ve been intensely boring.

I didn’t even know these two catgirls were traitors until roundend because they created so little conflict in the round. You are right people can dislike what I was doing for other reasons. The reasons were as follows: people on Manuel generally do not enjoy serious conflict that interrupts their rounds and job loops.

The traitors play quietly and stealthily and avoid getting in the way too much. The instant I do something overt like kill the captain or simple grand theft objectives I’m accused of “gaming” too hard and playing to win.

There is nothing to fix about Manuel because the majority of the players prefer it this way. The headmins prefer it this way. They want a relatively quiet space to roleplay and do their jobs without some high intensity tot steamrolling through their plans. They want everyone to get along. The best example I can think of is one Manuel round where the crew and xenos rode the shuttle back to Centcom together peacefully without fighting at all.
Spoiler:
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #660171

manuel is so boring metagroups attack other metagroups

i like this
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #660192

sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:17 am
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:43 pm That's what Spookuni's getting at. Axle is good enough at the game to be able to get away with doing the stuff that isn't going to be Super Optimal, but makes the round a lot more interesting.
[…]
People can dislike what you did for different reasons than being a part of a metagang you were opposing.
Here’s the thing right… I actually did choose the suboptimal play for roleplay reasons. The optimal play would have been to do the objective on Marianne after she offered it to me. That also would’ve been intensely boring.

I didn’t even know these two catgirls were traitors until roundend because they created so little conflict in the round. You are right people can dislike what I was doing for other reasons. The reasons were as follows: people on Manuel generally do not enjoy serious conflict that interrupts their rounds and job loops.

The traitors play quietly and stealthily and avoid getting in the way too much. The instant I do something overt like kill the captain or simple grand theft objectives I’m accused of “gaming” too hard and playing to win.

There is nothing to fix about Manuel because the majority of the players prefer it this way. The headmins prefer it this way. They want a relatively quiet space to roleplay and do their jobs without some high intensity tot steamrolling through their plans. They want everyone to get along. The best example I can think of is one Manuel round where the crew and xenos rode the shuttle back to Centcom together peacefully without fighting at all.
Honestly, I'd put a lot of it down to Deadpop. Things are weird on Deadpop because the game barely functions at that stage, let alone when people start going horizontal. Plus, if there's 10 people on station, and you kill someone, the station's now down 10% of its population, y'know?

Manuel and the opinions of what people want it to be, varies a fair bit from person to person. There are definitely some who want it to be the zero conflict job simulator, but there are a lot of others too who want it to be more dangerous. Personally, I'm closer to that side of the scale. I want dangerous sabotage to be a thing. I want a tot to bomb Engineering and fuck with the Supermatter to draw attention away from Medical where he needs to strike. I wanna see a (probably keep it on ahelp level just so it stays Rare) Singulo and shit happen from time to time. I want plasmafloods/fires. I want antags to be a threat, I just don't want a dude to speedrun Station Depopulation Any% and end the round with more kills than words spoken.

I want the chaos, because the chaos is when characters shine. The actions a character takes during a crisis situation speaks volumes. Do they prioritize themselves over everyone? Or do they hand their oxygen tank to someone on the mostly-spaced pod, and hope that they, themselves, manage to hold out long enough to reach CC?

There are people who want to friendtag, there are people who will see Nukies or Revs and pretend to align with Sec while they build their strength and prepare to backstab them when it's convenient, and there are people who think even the latter is too much Friendtagging and should be banned.

That's the real reason why it's impossible to fix. There's no one unified vision of what Manuel should be. For every person who plays Manuel, there is a different view of what it should be.
Last edited by CMDR_Gungnir on Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #660201

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:40 am - snip -

That's good, then. I've always been kinda interested in seeing what things are like on the LRP side, but I've always been worried by the uhh. Somewhat Win-focused approach I hear about a lot.
I encourage MRP folks to give the other servers a try to see how they like it. But you should go into it expecting general rowdiness (and if you pick medical, often a stream of folks parading through). You have to go with the flow of the round to get the most out of it imo.
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #660204

dragomagol wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:24 pm

I encourage MRP folks to give the other servers a try to see how they like it. But you should go into it expecting general rowdiness (and if you pick medical, often a stream of folks parading through). You have to go with the flow of the round to get the most out of it imo.
Any major differences between the LRP servers or is it just time-zones?
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #660205

kayozz wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:53 pm Any major differences between the LRP servers or is it just time-zones?
Bagil is always on lowpop and terry is in europe
Weston Echard on Sybil
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #660207

kayozz wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:53 pm
Basically what's said above, Terry is in Europe (hits ~70 during peak times) and Bagil often has a lower population (~20+ during peak, evening in NA). Sybil hits numbers similar to Terry during its peak times (NA evenings). They all run on the same ruleset, might have slight cultural differences because of their different playerbases.
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #660212

iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #660252

headmin review sure is taking a hot minute
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #660253

blackdav123 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:51 pm
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:43 pm Maybe LRP is different, but the goal on MRP (and I'd argue with the existence of Rule 12, it DOES still apply to LRP, too)
rule 12 does not apply to antags on lrp you can do as much anti fun shit as you want
Rule 12 does apply to antags on MRP and LRP, but rather than OOC consequences (bans/notes) admins are allowed to provide you with IC consequences (ERTs, Deathsquads). This is the Host's stance, and was made clear during the creation of Rule 12 (which is just Old Rule 3 in a new wrapper)
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #660271

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:40 am That's good, then. I've always been kinda interested in seeing what things are like on the LRP side, but I've always been worried by the uhh. Somewhat Win-focused approach I hear about a lot.
I kept my word and checked it out. It was pretty fun. Definitely a very different kind of experience to MRP, but one that I enjoyed quite a lot. MRP'll probably still be my Main, but I'll definitely go and poke my head in from time to time again.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #660274

Timberpoes wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:07 pm When you have friends to avoid conflict; to seek shelter from the confusion, betrayal and deceit; to be genuinely safe from the metagame of SS13? Then you're playing something else entirely. I will torment you and make your time on our servers miserable while you're attached at the hip for no good IC reason.

Having friends in SS13 is good. They give you tons of cool ways to kill, betray and otherwise torment other players that would otherwise totally trust you for no good IC reason other than they know you. The best shifts are ones where your friends betray you.

If you don't betray and torment your friends? Then go on Github, download the game files and run yourself a private server where you can engage in a wonderful single player experience with coop support, since you'll probably enjoy it more.
this. watching jill desouza betray and kill dean ivanov, tell me she did it for me, only to have me then stun baton and beat her to death was a highlight on my sybil friends film reel
(dont do this
she was very angry)
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #660275

dragomagol wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:16 pm
kayozz wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:53 pm
Basically what's said above, Terry is in Europe (hits ~70 during peak times) and Bagil often has a lower population (~20+ during peak, evening in NA). Sybil hits numbers similar to Terry during its peak times (NA evenings). They all run on the same ruleset, might have slight cultural differences because of their different playerbases.
from what I've seen terry and sybil are almost the same but everyone on terry runs around with a meat cleaver for some reason (its how I spot terry players on sybil, hilariously)
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #660283

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
PIEING SOMEONE IN THE FACE IS METAGRUDGE AND GRIEF
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #660287

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:02 pm from what I've seen terry and sybil are almost the same but everyone on terry runs around with a meat cleaver for some reason (its how I spot terry players on sybil, hilariously)
Terry players are meta slaves
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #660291

iwishforducks wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:01 pm headmin review sure is taking a hot minute
Probably because it's around the holidays. If there's actually been over a weeks worth of debate over this and the right decision isn't clear then I'm concerned for this headmin team. Should take about 15 minutes of reading to make it apparent that the admins ruling was BS
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #660294

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:02 pm from what I've seen terry and sybil are almost the same but everyone on terry runs around with a meat cleaver for some reason (its how I spot terry players on sybil, hilariously)
It's the new meta weapon because they can be printed from a lathe and do insane wound damage.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #660312

Indie-ana Jones wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:30 am
It's the new meta weapon because they can be printed from a lathe and do insane wound damage.
what other weapons do good wounding
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #660313

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:34 pm
cleaving saw is aboslutely busted with its bloodloss effect
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #660314

EmpressMaia wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:36 pm
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:34 pm
cleaving saw is aboslutely busted with its bloodloss effect
thats miner gamer loot though not really "meta" in that very limited in the amount of guys can dick swagger around with it