Friendly Antag Hate Thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Friendly Antag Hate Thread

Post by SkeletalElite » #681934

fuck friendly antags

they're either lying or not playing the role they were given.

Either way, they should be executed and cremated.
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Re: Friendly Antag Hate Thread

Post by vect0r » #681935

Fuck friendly antags with bad gimmicks.
People on Manuel who just are like "I am tot lolz look at me not do anything bad, hey sec, want a markov? You can't hurt me or I will call admemes lol"
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #681937

it's always morally correct to round remove friendly antags
vect0r wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:00 am Fuck friendly antags with bad gimmicks.
People on Manuel who just are like "I am tot lolz look at me not do anything bad, hey sec, want a markov? You can't hurt me or I will call admemes lol"
blatant friendtagging with helping sec like this is against the rules, but I totally get what you mean, cause most people are less obvious. If people act like this when I'm sec, I'm going out of my way to round remove them. I'm WAY more lenient on antags doing antag stuff than people who go "captain open vault pls I wanna take nuke core haha". Put some effort into roleplaying your role as syndicate infiltrator or get fucked.
► Show Spoiler
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #681941

every station needs a pet dragon
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #681944

on one hand, yeah, they should be generally aggressive towards security at a minimum.
on the other hand, one of my gimmicks is a clown heretic that avoids the law and sells the potions/useful trinkets to the rest of the crew.
i like the idea of a spooky fucker lurking in maintenance that tries to sell you things / barter with you for dubious things.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #681946

Being friendly antag is throwing yourself at the mercy of the courts so you have to be a pretty likeable character to get away with it.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #681960

Friendly antags are removing content for themselves and for us, the security players, that we would have had if someone else got the roll. I hate friendly antags.
vect0r wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:00 amPeople on Manuel who just are like "I am tot lolz look at me not do anything bad, hey sec, want a markov? You can't hurt me or I will call admemes lol"
Good thing we don't have that on LRP. Rule 4 is king, friendly antags keep losing.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #682035

I used to see friendly antags metabudding with security players all the fucking time on sybil it was so god damn annoying. No one should ever feel bad for fucking over a friendly or even overly brass antagonist.
If someone calls you a valid hunter attacking the blatent changling just sitting on the shuttle and tossing them out of the airlock don’t listen to them. I used to see this all the time.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #682041

Friendly antags will be ground into burger meat so they learn to not waste their antag roll.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

Post by LeekiLoku » #682062

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:34 pm I used to see friendly antags metabudding with security players all the fucking time on sybil it was so god damn annoying. No one should ever feel bad for fucking over a friendly or even overly brass antagonist.
If someone calls you a valid hunter attacking the blatent changling just sitting on the shuttle and tossing them out of the airlock don’t listen to them. I used to see this all the time.
Heard it here folks rect said "changling" instead of changeling, we should change the name of changelings to changling.
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #682085

this guy already said changling first viewtopic.php?f=9&t=32577&p=653894
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #682086

Dealt with a friendly wizard recently. Considered killing them, but then I got scared that their cronies would kill me for stopping "muh transmutation into a syndiborg"
► Show Spoiler
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #682089

On Manuel I like to let them cook but if their bit isn't making the station more dangerous (or progressing their goals) then they can get fucked and I'll throw toolboxes at them from across the hall
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #682156

We're currently at the peak of not enough threats actually doing anything being a massive problem for our servers when people are trying to be antagonistic. We certainly don't need people wasting threat doing nothing at all, I can tell you that much.
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #682211

Feels bad to kill the only two traitors being actively antagonistic because I'm still cooking and they both targeted me :(
Weston Echard on Sybil
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #682216

People confuse friendly antags with friendly antags that provide nothing of value.

Someone can be nonhostile and still add conflict to the round. Sadly this gets muddied by people that make the decision to do nothing, which is when I start pumping in more antags to make up for it. Sometimes those new antags will have the lethargic antags as an objective.
Hugs
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #682236

Misdoubtful wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:39 pm Someone can be nonhostile and still add conflict to the round.
How does one add conflict to the round in a nonhostile manner?
Spoiler:
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #682255

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:05 pm
Misdoubtful wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:39 pm Someone can be nonhostile and still add conflict to the round.
framing someone for a crime, but someone that would start a war with sec just because they are accused of the crime
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #682265

Because you have loosened escalation policies you can become a mini event admin if you play with more than a midwit perspective towards the role, even on MRP servers (or perhaps moreso on MRP).
Examples being I had a British LARPing traitor murder me for refusing to make him beef Wellington.
Another round an assistant tried to burn down the bar and I ratted him out, turned him over to the roboticist for force borging, he escaped, started threatening me on comms, so I detomatixed him and said he did it to himself for attention while also alleging that I saw him turning felinids into sausage, forcing him to run around maintenance armless for an hour for fear of being lynched by the khajits before things escalated further. The acting captain didn't care that I was obviously a traitor because he thought it was funny.
Easier to do on lowpop rounds to be honest.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #682268

dirk_mcblade wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:25 am Examples being I had a British LARPing traitor murder me for refusing to make him beef Wellington.
Hostile
dirk_mcblade wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:25 am Another round an assistant tried to burn down the bar and I ratted him out, turned him over to the roboticist for force borging, he escaped, started threatening me on comms, so I detomatixed him and said he did it to himself for attention while also alleging that I saw him turning felinids into sausage, forcing him to run around maintenance armless for an hour for fear of being lynched by the khajits before things escalated further. The acting captain didn't care that I was obviously a traitor because he thought it was funny.
Also hostile

they're funny but not examples
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #682269

TheLoLSwat wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:43 am
framing someone for a crime, but someone that would start a war with sec just because they are accused of the crime
nonantags do this
Spoiler:
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #682271

One time I transformed Jill into Dean and Dean into Jill without getting caught. That was fun.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #682273

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:53 am
dirk_mcblade wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:25 am Examples being I had a British LARPing traitor murder me for refusing to make him beef Wellington.
Hostile
dirk_mcblade wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:25 am Another round an assistant tried to burn down the bar and I ratted him out, turned him over to the roboticist for force borging, he escaped, started threatening me on comms, so I detomatixed him and said he did it to himself for attention while also alleging that I saw him turning felinids into sausage, forcing him to run around maintenance armless for an hour for fear of being lynched by the khajits before things escalated further. The acting captain didn't care that I was obviously a traitor because he thought it was funny.
Also hostile

How so? I was friendly towards the rest of the crew except the one person I was griefing.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #682274

Friendly antags are literally the worst thing you can do ingame, and literally prove me wrong
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

Post by LeekiLoku » #682324

Only good friendly antags are the ones with funny gimmicks. Other than that fuck friendly antags, your a ANTAGONIST your supposed to ANTAGONIZE. Give sec a reason to be shit sec instead of just doing "funny" gimmicks, in the end youll just get valid hunted so its whatever.
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #682342

dirk_mcblade wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:30 am
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:53 am
Hostile
Also hostile

How so? I was friendly towards the rest of the crew except the one person I was griefing.
If you are actively going out of your way to grief someone you are hostile. You don't have to go on a killing spree to consider being hostile, you don't really even have to kill anyone although I would prefer if you get a few good murders in there.

The only thing worse than the stealth antag that is never seen anywhere ever, and the antag that gets killed round start because they revealed themselves is a friendly antag. They are worse than nothing.
The only good thing about friendly antags is that you can kill them and not feel bad at all about removing and important player from the round.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #682350

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:52 pm The only good thing about friendly antags is that you can kill them and not feel bad at all about removing and important player from the round.
There is a fun strategy I've used for handling friendly antags, it may seem a bit barbaric but I believe it can help fix the problem.

So, there was this player on Sybil (we will call him G for short) who would ALWAYS play friendtag. Traitor? He'd buy sec tot gear and help them hunt for other traitors, using codewords to find them. Heretic? He'd ask people if they wanted to be sacced, and would scribble runes or show his mansus grasp to a sec officer in a cutesie innocuous way.

It was intensely annoying as sec to see this, because it is wasted threat that we can never get back. One time he played as a changeling, and in usual G fashion, flashed his armblade to me, the HoS, roundstart. "I'm a ling, but I'm friendly!" I arrested him of course, but instead of instantly cremating, I instead opted to grief him horribly. He continued being friendly, despite being griefed and tortured and released over and over again, until finally near roundend, something beautiful happened.

He snapped, and his unbridled rage was released. He whipped out the chitinous armor, the armblade, the tentacle, and actually fought, he made an attempt on my life, the fight lasted several minutes and it was the most fun either of us probably had that round. The moral of this story is that to fix the friendtag, you have to find a way to trigger their inner fury and tempt them to use the free grief pass every antag is gifted.
Spoiler:
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #682361

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:52 pm The only thing worse than the stealth antag that is never seen anywhere ever, and the antag that gets killed round start because they revealed themselves is a friendly antag. They are worse than nothing.
Stealth antags can be cool. They also at least afford the antag player some fun coming up with clever ways to avoid detection. Friendly antags don't even do that.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #682410

ekaterina wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:11 pm
Itseasytosee2me wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:52 pm The only thing worse than the stealth antag that is never seen anywhere ever, and the antag that gets killed round start because they revealed themselves is a friendly antag. They are worse than nothing.
Stealth antags can be cool. They also at least afford the antag player some fun coming up with clever ways to avoid detection. Friendly antags don't even do that.
Finding antags who are trying to not be caught is part of security's job content. As long as there are some active threats for security to hunt as well. If there's too many people being stealthy is kind of sucks though
Unless by "stealth antag" we mean someone just doesn't do anything antagonistic at all, but also isn't overtly friendly.
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #682411

SkeletalElite wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:03 pm
ekaterina wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:11 pm
Finding antags who are trying to not be caught is part of security's job content. As long as there are some active threats for security to hunt as well. If there's too many people being stealthy is kind of sucks though
Unless by "stealth antag" we mean someone just doesn't do anything antagonistic at all, but also isn't overtly friendly.
This was my intention. Little mister: My targets both died already so i'm just gonna do nothing to risk my greentext.
The best kind of stealth antags are the ones in which you take on a disguise or imitate someone while they do the dirty work.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #682457

Passive antag may be a better term to eliminate the confusion
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #682465

Today we had a person go through the effort of getting to their final objective without directly harming a single person(they had the snake staff) and become a space dragon... only to do nothing to get the shuttle called. They didn't attack a single crewmember, not even when shot at. It was incredibly lame.

TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #682520

datorangebottle wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:50 pm Today we had a person go through the effort of getting to their final objective without directly harming a single person(they had the snake staff) and become a space dragon... only to do nothing to get the shuttle called. They didn't attack a single crewmember, not even when shot at. It was incredibly lame.
nightmare shift they ratted me OUT to the captain while im in the middle of making plans for ultra terrorism only to then be the friendliest antag of all time the fucking superman of antags
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #683238

we HATE antags who remove threat from the round in this house.