Funny joke about proxies peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Wolfmoy
Byond Username: Wolfmoy

Funny joke about proxies peanut

Post by Wolfmoy » #691709

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34327
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Re: Funny joke about proxies peanut

Post by WineAllWine » #692393

sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:45 pm
WineAllWine wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:37 pm Why are we still having this intensely boring conversation?
someone does something funny
3 minutes pass...
WAHHHH MOMMY I'M BOOOREEEDDDDD!!

Capricious little thing. You get what you get and you don't make a fit.

How DARE you precisely summarise how I act
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #692406

Shellton(Mario) wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:08 am Instead of seeking out justice for the victim of just getting unlucky why not give them another chance at life. If they just got off the shuttle there is real round impact by allowing them to respawn and with this result a player is happy and the other person can still play the game.
this 100%. this obviously wasnt a malicious instance of a player wanting to grief so why punish the player instead of just DMing the situation? send interns down to inspect the damage and punish the people involved IC rather than bonking the player for this
Weston Echard on Sybil
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #692411

TheRex9001 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:04 pm
TypicalRig wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:54 pm "The heads don't have any obligation to check where the super deadly weapon that can destroy people and the ship in bulk is before unlocking it" has to be one of Vekter's most braindead takes yet, and that bar was already difficult to pass.
They do though, and vekter said as much. The heads involved got banned/noted
Vekter wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:51 am Yes, the heads have to authorize using it, but (as became clear once I had a conversation with one of them) they have no obligation to actually find out where it's located before authorizing it.
Come again?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #692416

TypicalRig wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:51 am
TypicalRig wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:54 pm "The heads don't have any obligation to check where the super deadly weapon that can destroy people and the ship in bulk is before unlocking it" has to be one of Vekter's most braindead takes yet, and that bar was already difficult to pass.
Vekter wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:51 am Yes, the heads have to authorize using it, but (as became clear once I had a conversation with one of them) they have no obligation to actually find out where it's located before authorizing it.
Come again?
I meant more like they aren't required to by the game terms. We'd expect them to in general and failing to do so would obviously be a bad thing.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #692417

Vekter wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:52 am
TypicalRig wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:51 am
Come again?
I meant more like they aren't required to by the game terms. We'd expect them to in general and failing to do so would obviously be a bad thing.
ah then this definitely sent the opposite message when I read it lol. My bad then
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #692427

Feels like this could have just been a verbal warning, or even a note if an admin really felt like it was something that could be repeated behavior.

Sometimes it feels like the punishment for making something potentially unsafe, and then having someone else use it to kill someone, is more severe than just making a dangerous thing and killing people with it.

notes are punishments, don't let the admins tell you otherwise
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit