for when the station isn't on fire...

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Senefi
Byond Username: N4K0

for when the station isn't on fire...

Post by Senefi » #691872

I've been thinking about trying a new job recently... possibly curator or janitor... I'm anxious and need to talk to people more, what's some fun stuff to do/aim for to make the shift a little more interesting?
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Re: for when the station isn't on fire...

Post by Kendrickorium » #691874

open clown slots
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #691880

Senefi wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:07 pm I've been thinking about trying a new job recently... possibly curator or janitor... I'm anxious and need to talk to people more, what's some fun stuff to do/aim for to make the shift a little more interesting?
Janitor can be fun if you make it a personal goal to actually go clean everything. You have to interact with people to get into their departments. People will like you if you aren't actually just slipping them all the time.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #692014

Janitor is dumbed down engineer.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #692033

its fun to only use mop and water, as janitor is not about efficiency but putting in an honest days work keeping the station clean
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #692052

There's something cathartic about placing down a wet floor sign, watching someone slip and furiously point at it
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #692068

dirk_mcblade wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:57 pm Janitor is dumbed down engineer.
This. Whenever I play janitor I always try to grab a welding tool and helmet to fix the damaged plating tiles in maints.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #692072

conrad wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:01 pm There's something cathartic about placing down a wet floor sign, watching someone slip and furiously point at it
its me. i'm someone that slips and then points furiously at the sign
it's always me
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #692667

Ziiro wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:28 pm
Senefi wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:07 pm I've been thinking about trying a new job recently... possibly curator or janitor... I'm anxious and need to talk to people more, what's some fun stuff to do/aim for to make the shift a little more interesting?
Janitor can be fun if you make it a personal goal to actually go clean everything. You have to interact with people to get into their departments. People will like you if you aren't actually just slipping them all the time.
Until some guy goes janiborg and sweeps the job out from under you.

Yes I’m still mad. I will always be mad about janiborgs.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #692693

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:54 pm
Ziiro wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:28 pm
Until some guy goes janiborg and sweeps the job out from under you.

Yes I’m still mad. I will always be mad about janiborgs.
The one time I was janitor borg I buckled the janitor to me and taxid him around
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #692765

The title of this thread just makes me so sad there's no good plasma fires anymore... they used to be so much more common and huge
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #692768

Bawhoppennn wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:04 pm The title of this thread just makes me so sad there's no good plasma fires anymore... they used to be so much more common and huge
Got any tips to do so? I’ve been trying, but I’m not good at it.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #692770

vect0r wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:23 pm
Bawhoppennn wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:04 pm The title of this thread just makes me so sad there's no good plasma fires anymore... they used to be so much more common and huge
Sadly no. I always remember pure plasma into distro worked quite well, but atmos was never my expertise so I really don't know if there's more to it than that (especially with atmos changes over the years).

I do know though, asking admins to play this song makes it much more fun if successful: https://youtu.be/kLNgD5vsZsM
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #692774

Plasma fires are easy. You just need 3 things: plasma, oxygen, and fire.
Bawhoppennn wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:36 pm Sadly no. I always remember pure plasma into distro worked quite well
Not really... most rooms are already at "standard" pressure, so you'll only get a tiny amount of plasma actually floating around. You have to set the air alarms to push your plasma in.
The easiest ways are to just bust open a plasma canister wherever you want to set the fire, or use a flamethrower. It requires less preparation but also creates less fire (in area and duration).

You could create a network of pipes hooked up to a canister and put injectors at various places, or you could just use the existing networks, distro and scrubbers, to do that, by hooking up injectors to either of those after filling them with plasma.

Source: am funny gas technician
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #693354

ekaterina wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:45 pm you could just use the existing networks, distro and scrubbers, to do that, by hooking up injectors to either of those after filling them with plasma.
A guy did this today with N2O. I like to imagine he saw my forum post and I was the one to give him the idea.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #693361

Putting injectors is unnecessary, you can just set all vents to max output. Usually hacking the AI is the best way to accomplish this as they can easy access every air alarm.
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #693363

To prepare the ultimate plasmaflood, the first thing you do is make sure air isn't going into distro. You then fireaxe your way into the oxygen and plasma gas tanks (make sure to place atmos holosign before doing this), and build layer 4 grey unary vents connected with grey pipes in the tanks. You then disable the pressure limits of those vents with atmospherics air alarm, turn them on, and set them to scrubbing.

Unary vents have no pressure limits, so they'll keep on sucking the plasma and oxygen into the pipes over time. While the vents suck, you prepare two burn canisters and make them burn. You then go around the station and start disabling the pressure limits of the vents around the station. If you have time, you could even build vents in maintenance (or injectors, but that will look suspicious) and disable their pressure limits.

Once ready, connect the burn canisters to waste so scrubbers no longer work. You then connect the oxygen and plasma pipes together and then into distro. Instant ~630,000 mole of each plasma and oxygen flood. Very high density plasmaflood all over the station. Listen to the screams not even a second after connecting them.

Alternative to plasma, you can do a hydrogen flood. Make sure distro is empty as usual. Make a hydrogen farm. Make two burn canisters. Set air alarms to refill around the station. When ready, connect burn canisters to waste and connect your hydrogen (make sure it is near room temperature before doinf this) to distro.

Hydrogen will flood the station. People won't notice as it's invisible, and pressure won't be too high because vents are only refill. Once someone decides to have a smoke or cause a spark in some form, a very, very fast hydrogen fire will explode around the station. Firelocks would be too slow to catch it. The fire will be quick and hot, and the floor may even melt all over the station. Not an eternal fire lile a plasma flood, but it will pretty much wreck the entire station instantly.

Tritium is an alternative to hydrogen, but it's harder to get at as high quantities (something like 90% of the tritium you make gets burned before you can scrub it). It's also visible. It does give everyone cancer though.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #693366

BlueMemesauce wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:26 pm Putting injectors is unnecessary, you can just set all vents to max output
You misunderstood. Injectors from scrubbers, not distro.
Turbonerd wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:50 pm You then fireaxe your way (...)
I think vect0r plays as an AI. No hands! Only digital access!
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #693425

Aren't unary vents completely passive which is this pressure setting you're talking about
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #693508

No, passive vents are passive
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #693515

I feel bad we hijacked this thread, so I will reply to the original topic:

Try playing lawyer. It's super fun if you can get into the swing of things. It requires a lot of improv and clever thinking, but it is an absolute blast if you can get into the hang of it.

I have a bunch of old paper scripts I used as lawyer times ago, so if you want them you are welcome to have them.

dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #693541

Unary vents can be reversed? I didn't know this