Escalating the hard way Peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Escalating the hard way Peanut

Post by conrad » #693459

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?t=34413
Title requires visual aid.

I also like how atlantaned tore a new asshole in the guy so hard he's gonna be farting doubles.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Re: Escalating the hard way Peanut

Post by Lacran » #693573

ekaterina wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:13 pm How is it the RD's fault that the HoP decided to go full gorilla mode? The escalation seems valid to me on the RD's end. Of course, it's still reasonable to question why the RD was walking around with a maxcap, but the detonation is completely on the HoP.
ekaterina wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:13 pm the HoP does not even have the authority to make arrests, much less arrest other heads...
ekaterina wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:13 pm If the HoPcurity wants to act like security, he should learn how security acts, and it's poor practice to gun someone down past the point of being a threat
These were your criticisms of the HoP.

It's incorrect to criticise him for acting as security in this situation, as he was completely warranted to arrest that player.

It's incorrect to claim he wasn't meeting Security expectations, as killing that player in that context was 100% justified due to them almost killing you during a resonance cascade.

It's unreasonable to expect him to trust the RDs word at all, seeing as no action by the RD was anything but hostile from the HoPs perspective.

You saying "well I'm just pointing out the HoP technically activated the Killswitch" is a giant fucking back pedal. You made a lot of straight up wrong assertions which weren't just around the HoP activating the kill switch but the events that led to it.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #693574

Lacran wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:44 pm It's unreasonable to expect him to trust the RDs word at all, seeing as no action by the RD was anything but hostile from the HoPs perspective.
It's extremely generous to call wordlessly tabling someone to crit an "arrest".
Lacran wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:44 pm It's incorrect to claim he wasn't meeting Security expectations, as killing that player in that context was 100% justified due to them almost killing you during a resonance cascade.
Have coders changed things? As of the last time I remember being in a resonance cascade, recalling changes absolutely nothing because the shuttle wouldn't leave anyway and escape is done via wormhole.
Lacran wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:44 pm It's unreasonable to expect him to trust the RDs word at all, seeing as no action by the RD was anything but hostile from the HoPs perspective.
If a spessman doesn't believe the RD has a bomb, that's that spessman being a dumbass. You can get a bomb in 5 minutes as a scientist.
Lacran wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:44 pm You saying "well I'm just pointing out the HoP technically activated the Killswitch" is a giant fucking back pedal. You made a lot of straight up wrong assertions which weren't just around the HoP activating the kill switch but the events that led to it.
How can it be a backpedal to say what I've been saying since the start? Behold:
ekaterina wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:13 pm it's still reasonable to question why the RD was walking around with a maxcap, but the detonation is completely on the HoP.
In conclusion, the RD shouldn't have been walking around with a set bomb but the HoP shouldn't have set it off like a dumbass.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
conrad

Post by conrad » #693575

ekaterina wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:29 am Surely, you mean "kidnaps", since the HoP does not even have the authority to make arrests, much less arrest other heads...
Lacran is out here fighting for the rights of HoPcurities everywhere. HoPcurity, on MANUEL of all servers...
... showing up to the bridge and instantly tabling the RD, truly the highest roleplay tgstation can behold.
Things happened on the bridge.

Escalation rules on "MANUEL of all servers" specifically state that you are allowed to defend your own workplace. The HoPs workplace is his lil office...in the bridge. The HoP has access to an e-gun and cuffs specifically to arrest people fucking around in the bridge.

Did you know that myself, after becoming admin, was bwoinked for bucklecuffing and stripping the acting captain (a QM), on Manuel, as HoP? After beating the shit outta them? I didn't get noted, because, it being Manuel, where people are technically RPing, I took the QMs joke to build the BSA in the bridge, where my office is, very seriously.

You mainline Terry. Maybe check MRP rules before you make a fool of yourself?
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #693577

I think it makes more sense to assume the RD that just recalled doesn't actually have a kill switch bomb they made to kill abductors. Especially considering they were about to try to fix the engine during a resonance cascade which would be pretty hazardous.

All of those things seem highly unlikely to assume because that would be an extremely, incredibly stupid thing to do that would get you into a lot of trouble.

It's far more reasonable and likely that the player is lying to you to avoid you beating the piss out of them. Especially when they immediately return once they have the upper hand to shoot you with a Mosin.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #693578

So the HoP had three options:

Run away from the hostile RD (and the RD recalls the shuttle again)
Stand there (and risk getting shot to death by the hostile RD with a mosin)
Kill the RD (and risk activating the bomb the RD stashed)

None of these are desirable.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #693579

ekaterina wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:15 pm
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:48 am it's also ironic that ekat would defend the RD because the hop shouldn't be acting like a vigilante when the RD is walking around with a rifle and a health sensor maxcap to hunt an antag that isn't a stationwide threat.
You misunderstand the extent to which I'm defending the RD. I'm more criticising the HoP. See below:
ekaterina wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:13 pm The HoP was warned and he ignored the warning because he randomly decided the RD was bluffing. The HoP fucked around and found out. How is it the RD's fault that the HoP decided to go full gorilla mode? The escalation seems valid to me on the RD's end. Of course, it's still reasonable to question why the RD was walking around with a maxcap, but the detonation is completely on the HoP.
that's fair, yeah. without the maxcap this situation would just be a silly fight. maybe it's on the hop that the bomb went off but the RD had no valid reason to have a health sensor maxcap in their back pocket in the first place, hence why they got into trouble for it. i would argue that it's fine that the hop killed them after being shot with a rifle, though. it's why they carry a self-defence weapon, and in this instance they used it in self-defence. the RD was still on 56~ hp after the fight and could've easily walked away, or they could've resorted to fists themselves if they wanted to continue the confrontation (the same level of escalation that the hop was using) but this would've also been a stupid move.

the fact that the hop had sechuds on is a little cringe, but in light of the circumstances i'm choosing to overlook it... >:)
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #693580

dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:28 pm the fact that the hop had sechuds on is a little cringe, but in light of the circumstances i'm choosing to overlook it... >:)
I find it weird that the person who's in charge of assigning jobs doesn't have the HUD that shows jobs. Maybe they should get a modified secHUD that doesn't show arrest status
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #693586

conrad wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:04 pm Things happened on the bridge. Escalation rules on "MANUEL of all servers" specifically state that you are allowed to defend your own workplace.
Defend your workplace from... other people who share that workplace? The Research Director, as a member of command, has every right to be in the bridge.
Is conrad, an admin, saying I can beat up people who share my space in the name of "defending my workplace"?
conrad wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:04 pm You mainline Terry. Maybe check MRP rules before you make a fool of yourself?
You peddling the notion that not knowing the rules of a server you don't play on makes you a fool yet again shows why you're wrong and I'm right.
Lacran wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:09 pm I think it makes more sense to assume the RD that just recalled doesn't actually have a kill switch bomb they made to kill abductors. Especially considering they were about to try to fix the engine during a resonance cascade which would be pretty hazardous.
You're making the mistake of assuming what people do makes sense. We're dealing with wacky spessmen, you won't always understand their motivations.
WineAllWine wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:55 pm
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:28 pm the fact that the hop had sechuds on is a little cringe, but in light of the circumstances i'm choosing to overlook it... >:)
I find it weird that the person who's in charge of assigning jobs doesn't have the HUD that shows jobs. Maybe they should get a modified secHUD that doesn't show arrest status
I like this idea. We should extend this new command HUD, ComHUD™ if you will, to all heads of staff.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #693587

Main character syndrome
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
conrad

Post by conrad » #693588

ekaterina wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:34 pm
conrad wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:04 pm Things happened on the bridge. Escalation rules on "MANUEL of all servers" specifically state that you are allowed to defend your own workplace.
Defend your workplace from... other people who share that workplace? The Research Director, as a member of command, has every right to be in the bridge.
Is conrad, an admin, saying I can beat up people who share my space in the name of "defending my workplace"?
If said person is behaving like an antag, threatening to blow up, and shooting you with a Mosin, yeah. Tunnel vision is real, it seems.
ekaterina wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:34 pm
conrad wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:04 pm You mainline Terry. Maybe check MRP rules before you make a fool of yourself?
You peddling the notion that not knowing the rules of a server you don't play on makes you a fool yet again shows why you're wrong and I'm right.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #693593

I swear Sinful and Ekat must draw straws to determine which one of them has to die on the hill in these peanut threads.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #693597

conrad wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:13 pm viewtopic.php?t=34413

I also like how atlantaned tore a new asshole in the guy so hard he's gonna be farting doubles.
they had 0 reason to make the steps so large to scale
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #693598

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:25 pm I swear Sinful and Ekat must draw straws to determine which one of them has to die on the hill in these peanut threads.
It's lucky they don't team up; we wouldn't stand a chance.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #693599

Fren256 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:40 pm Main character syndrome
Nobody knows what this means. Devin doesn't have MC syndrome, he's just dumb sometimes.

Also Kat literally the only thing the HoP did wrong was not communicate with Devin. If he'd sat down and talked to him instead of going guns blazing it wouldn't have been an issue.

Devin is still in the wrong because the HoP's actions are entirely irrelevant to the situation save for them resulting in the bomb going off. The issue is that the RD shouldn't be building a maxcap tied to a health monitor as a non-antag.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #693728

You make the bomb and trigger conditions, its your responsibility if it goes off under your specified conditions.

Imagine if the bomb went off and took someone out who was just a bystander in an otherwise valid situation?

I'm quite disappointed in Devin. I was hoping he would improve and this makes me wonder if that may ever happen. I do not mind Devin at all as a person and I do wish him the best, but this is somewhat distressing to see.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #693873

saprasam wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:09 pm
conrad wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:13 pm viewtopic.php?t=34413

they had 0 reason to make the steps so large to scale
Lots of schools do this. People probably sit there and eat lunch.
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #693952

NecromancerAnne wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:08 pm You make the bomb and trigger conditions, its your responsibility if it goes off under your specified conditions.
We have monthly threads on shit like this, wonder if people will ever figure this concept out.
conrad

Post by conrad » #693958

Ziiro wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:28 pm
NecromancerAnne wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:08 pm You make the bomb and trigger conditions, its your responsibility if it goes off under your specified conditions.
We have monthly threads on shit like this, wonder if people will ever figure this concept out.
I started this game in 2017. People were detonating maxcaps fnr then.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.