HEADMIN ELECTION 18 PEANUT:

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

HEADMIN ELECTION 18 PEANUT:

Post by kinnebian » #698501

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=38&p=698498#p698498
looks like the new election is starting
are you running?
im running
who else is running?
are you excited for anyone in particular
have you already decided who you want to vote for?
respect (let him do his thing)
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Re: HEADMIN ELECTION 18 PEANUT:

Post by Lacran » #698602

oranges wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:34 am
dendydoom wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:32 am smh the roleplayers are ruining the game once again

let's make the process less democratic to stop them
the process is not democratic and that is the problem sinfulbliss has with it.
His proposed changes is to just restrict the choices, which is less democratic than what we currently have.

His criticsm is that the votes don't match the demographics so we need to cap them, which is dumb because a democratic system is about representing what people want, not representing what people are. If 80% of a country is obese that doesn't mean 80% of the government needs to be obese.
Last edited by Lacran on Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #698603

I still happen to think the creation of Manuel was a mistake.

Vote for me for headmin, and I will force random static names on Manuel players
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #698604

dendydoom wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:32 am smh the roleplayers are ruining the game once again

i fail to see how a system that forces a headmin quota based on which server they play on to be any more democratic

headmins don't play the game anyway :honk:
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #698605

The ideal solution is to get rid of the host vote. Hand it over to I don’t know. Maybe the coders? Banned players?
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #698606

dendydoom wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:39 am

i fail to see how a system that forces a headmin quota based on which server they play on to be any more democratic

it's not any more democratic i just dont want people to mistakenly assume the election is democratic, it's not, it's designed specifically to prevent wild swings in the status quo.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #698607

oranges wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:44 am
dendydoom wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:39 am

it's not any more democratic i just dont want people to mistakenly assume the election is democratic, it's not, it's designed specifically to prevent wild swings in the status quo.
i see. in that case i agree with you. in all honesty i was just being snarky; i'm going through a rebellious phase right now.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698609

Lacran+Dendy I think you're fundamentally misunderstanding the issue. It's not about merit because obviously the 2/3 MRP headmins are going to hostvote someone who aligns with their values - another MRP headmin. Okay so that's 1 confirmed MRP headmin.

How about the adminvote? Well that's dominated by Manuel admins, because there are way more MRP admins than LRP admins. Literally look at the "Users browsing this forum" section and search scrubby. Okay so they vote for someone who aligns with their MRP values. That's 2 MRP headmins.

How about the playervote? Well here there's a chance at least, like how we got kieth (took 3 cycles and lots of pushing). Even here the odds are stacked against LRP because Manuel is a tight-knit community with a lot of involvement and unity so they push lots more votes out than the thick of LRP players that just connect to the game servers and game.

There you have it, 2-3/3 headmins being MRP, notice "having a good platform" and "merit" doesn't factor into things here. That just determines which MRP headmin you get.

Is it bitching for no reason? No! This actually affects how the server changes.

Why not a separate MRP headmin? The policies are different, what they want is different, I see no reason why everyone wouldn't be happier this way.
Last edited by sinfulbliss on Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #698610

I will vote for fikou and whichever newest admin has the best platform/attitude.

Host vote: scriptis
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #698611

the supposition that host votes are always an MRP headadmin is baseless nonsense that can be disproved by a short browsing through prior election threads
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698612

oranges wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:54 am the supposition that host votes are always an MRP headadmin is baseless nonsense that can be disproved by a short browsing through prior election threads
there are obviously exceptions but if you go through you can see most of them are chosen from MRP admins
Manuel is 1/3 of the active servers. why is it not a 33% chance of an MRP pick
Spoiler:
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #698618

The music at the top of the thread is neat, but why is there a video of dogs at the bottom?
conrad wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:47 pm I wanna run just to say hi to everyone during the debate and remind people to hydrate.
Make a good campaign!
I have high chance of voting, yes!
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #698620

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:52 am the 2/3 MRP headmins are going to hostvote someone who aligns with their values - another MRP headmin. Okay so that's 1 confirmed MRP headmin.
For us to have an MRP headmin in the first place they needed to have had either the host or former LRP headmins pick them (as its been historically LRP dominated), so no. The fact we have an MRP headmin now disproves ingroup preference will always prevail.

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:52 am How about the adminvote? Well that's dominated by Manuel admins, because there are way more MRP admins than LRP admins. Literally look at the "Users browsing this forum" section and search scrubby. Okay so they vote for someone who aligns with their MRP values. That's 2 MRP headmins.
You literally JUST had a conversation with kinneban about this, there are more LRP admins than MRP (assuming we dont count cambell). If the issue is acitivity or community involvement on the LRP admins side, that's an admin issue, not something you rig the system to fix.
sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:52 am How about the playervote? Well here there's a chance at least, like how we got kieth (took 3 cycles and lots of pushing). Even here the odds are stacked against LRP because Manuel is a tight-knit community with a lot of involvement and unity so they push lots more votes out than the thick of LRP players that just connect to the game servers and game.
Kieth likely had MRP voters too, also wise to point out one of Kieth's biggest detractors was a former Terry headmin Namelessfairy.
sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:52 am There you have it, 2-3/3 headmins being MRP, notice "having a good platform" and "merit" doesn't factor into things here. That just determines which MRP headmin you get.
Again, this makes no sense because we've historically had an LRP headmin majority, by your logic they'd be no way for us to have any MRP headmins and yet here we are.
sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:52 am Is it bitching for no reason? No! This actually affects how the server changes.
Your concern is valid, your reasoning and attempts and resolving it aren't.
sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:52 am Why not a separate MRP headmin? The policies are different, what they want is different, I see no reason why everyone wouldn't be happier this way.
Because we should have the best candidates for the position of headmin regardless of server affiliation. Your only issue is that LRP headmins is a minorty, your solution is to force MRP headmins to be a minority. Its not something that makes both parties happy, its just something that primarily makes you happy.

Because again, if you had as firm of a grasp on the state of LRP and the solutions that you think you did you being player's choice would be a no brainer and you should run. Be the change you want to see instead of just trying to rig the system so you're happy.
sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:00 am
oranges wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:54 am the supposition that host votes are always an MRP headadmin is baseless nonsense that can be disproved by a short browsing through prior election threads
there are obviously exceptions but if you go through you can see most of them are chosen from MRP admins
Manuel is 1/3 of the active servers. why is it not a 33% chance of an MRP pick
Because votes are representative of what people want, not what people are.

EDIT:
I had a think and I honestly think we should just have a low roleplay policy ruleset like how manuel has, that establishes precedents and execeptions to the main ruleset to help preserve LRP culture by codifying it. Interpretations of the main ruleset are going to be subject to different context as time goes on. If you want to preserve LRP culture and rulesets you should get them agreed upon and written down like manuel has. This would give the broader rules like being a dick and erp LRP specific protections and intepretations.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #698622

The host vote usually goes to the best at ERP. (Common Manuel gamer W)

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698626

Lacran wrote:Because we should have the best candidates for the position of headmin regardless of server affiliation.
Someone who has played and observed 3 rounds of LRP is not fit to make server-altering policy decisions about LRP. Someone who has played 3 rounds of MRP is not fit to make server-altering policy decisions about MRP.

Solution: assign the headmins to the flavor of TG they actually play, care about, and are knowledgeable of -- LRP or MRP. Why is this a bad idea?
Lacran wrote:Because again, if you had as firm of a grasp on the state of LRP and the solutions that you think you did you being player's choice would be a no brainer and you should run. Be the change you want to see instead of just trying to rig the system so you're happy.
I've only suggested we split things so Manuel gets their own headmin, and LRP gets the other two, so they can coexist in peace, don't you think it's a bit greedy to demand more than 1/3 of the headmin team to be solely Manuel admins who haven't stepped foot in LRP?

The last 4 terms (that's 2 years) have been predominantly MRP headmins. Which is fine but as a result TG is becoming more MRP, same reason Kieth ran and LRP players rallied around him, cause they got sick of it. Hopefully they do the same next cycle, we'll see I suppose.
Spoiler:
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #698628

Sinful you rube mrp chatroom players aren't coming for your fun videogame, balance coders already took it away years ago. Focus on important metrics like who is going to make the biggest fool of themselves during their term so that we can be forum chatroom posters while also shielding our infinite malice behind claims of wanting the best for the /tg/ station servers.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #698629

the people who make decisions have no interest in your views sinful
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #698631

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:47 am
Lacran wrote:Because we should have the best candidates for the position of headmin regardless of server affiliation.
Someone who has played and observed 3 rounds of LRP is not fit to make server-altering policy decisions about LRP. Someone who has played 3 rounds of MRP is not fit to make server-altering policy decisions about MRP.

Solution: assign the headmins to the flavor of TG they actually play, care about, and are knowledgeable of -- LRP or MRP. Why is this a bad idea?
Because your tribe doesn't actually reflect your ability to make rational desicions and make rulings that are fair which i've already explained.

The main rules apply to ALL servers, if you don't want the main rules to apply on LRP like they do on MRP and vice versa LRP needs its own ruleset.
sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:47 am
Lacran wrote:Because again, if you had as firm of a grasp on the state of LRP and the solutions that you think you did you being player's choice would be a no brainer and you should run. Be the change you want to see instead of just trying to rig the system so you're happy.
I've only suggested we split things so Manuel gets their own headmin, and LRP gets the other two, so they can coexist in peace, don't you think it's a bit greedy to demand more than 1/3 of the headmin team to be solely Manuel admins who haven't stepped foot in LRP?
the only person demanding server specific slots is you, I think we should let candidates run on their merits. Keith did and he won the only person to kick up a giant fuss about that was another LRP headmin.

LRP and MRP are largely subjected to equal standards around the main rules, if you want LRP to have more leniency regarding the serverwide rules you'd need to get a headmin that agrees with you and actually makes the rules reflect that LRP is to be held to different standards regarding the main rules.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698633

Lacran wrote:The main rules apply to ALL servers, if you don't want the main rules to apply on LRP like they do on MRP and vice versa LRP needs its own ruleset.
They do, but how admins enforce the rules differ. You're probably unfamiliar with the idea of a Manuelmin coming to Sybil or Terry and being The Biggest Bitch, not because they're a bad admin, but because they have been steeped in Manuel for 1000 rounds and have developed a stricter view of the rules and culture which make them fixate on things an LRP admin wouldn't glance at.

I feel like headmins shouldn't just be these rational banbots that enforce rules, they're something more than that, they need to be able to make the iffy decisions that could go EITHER way, and what determines which way they swing is -- you guessed it -- based on what server they play!
Last edited by sinfulbliss on Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698634

oranges wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:57 am the people who make decisions have no interest in your views sinful
then stop reading them, kiwi
Spoiler:
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #698636

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:16 am
Lacran wrote:The main rules apply to ALL servers, if you don't want the main rules to apply on LRP like they do on MRP and vice versa LRP needs its own ruleset.
They do, but how admins enforce the rules differ. You're probably unfamiliar with the idea of a Manuelmin coming to Sybil or Terry and being The Biggest Bitch, not because they're a bad admin, but because they have been steeped in Manuel for 1000 rounds and have developed a stricter view of the rules and culture which make them fixate on things an LRP admin wouldn't glance at.

I feel like headmins shouldn't just be these rational banbots that enforce rules, they're something more than that, they need to be able to make the iffy decisions that could go EITHER way, and what determines which way they swing is -- you guessed it -- based on what server they play!
The only people I see kicking up a fuss about this are the same 5 people whom are basically considered clowns by the general forum community and don't even seem to agree among themselves. But if you genuinely think your values represent LRPs values you should run for headmin off them, because I can virtually guarantee you no other headmin will implement the changes you think are reasonable and warranted.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #698637

Archie700 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:32 am
sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:25 am Words
Be the change you want to see, you should run
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #698638

The less time someone spends talking about things and the more time they spend doing those things, the more I like them.
Hugs
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #698641

I think the only person that doesnt believe in a sinful run is sinfulbliss himself
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #698644

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:18 am
oranges wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:57 am the people who make decisions have no interest in your views sinful
then stop reading them, kiwi
i just need to make sure you know this
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698647

TheLoLSwat wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:40 am I think the only person that doesnt believe in a sinful run is sinfulbliss himself
i would win so fast it would make your head spin :roll:

i dont have the time for it now, but more importantly ive always found a candidate i support wholeheartedly so why run against someone that i want to win?

but i will make you, and the countless other fans like you, a promise, Lisa: the instant i see a term with absolutely zero good candidates running, I will throw down
Spoiler:
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #698649

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:01 am
TheLoLSwat wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:40 am I think the only person that doesnt believe in a sinful run is sinfulbliss himself
i would win so fast it would make your head spin :roll:

i dont have the time for it now, but more importantly ive always found a candidate i support wholeheartedly so why run against someone that i want to win?

but i will make you, and the countless other fans like you, a promise, Lisa: the instant i see a term with absolutely zero good candidates running, I will throw down
That's odd because none of the headmins you've voted for share your concerns on their platform and definitely haven't planned on making the changes you propose?
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #698650

Archie700 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:31 am
Archie700 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:32 am
sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:25 am Words
Be the change you want to see, you should run
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #698653

I am running.........
► Show Spoiler
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #698655

I'd vote sinful if he was running. Sec mains stick together
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #698667

if you think the hostvote (headmin vote) favours "out of touch manuelmins" then you should convince MSO to hand his vote out differently. He seems pretty happy with how his votes get used.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #698675

Is your preferred headmin candidate running?

Well then, you had better go catch them
Last edited by Jacquerel on Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tegun
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Tegun

Post by Tegun » #698685

oranges wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:05 pm
Tegun wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:41 pm I liked the video at the end. The theme not so much.

I'm concerned about rule 6 regarding my platform.
you're intending to bribe people?
It could be construed as bribery, but it could also be construed as justice.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #698686

Is Sinful proposing a Lebanon style system where two thirds of the headmins must always be LRP admins and the other seat is an MRP one?
conrad wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:47 pm I wanna run just to say hi to everyone during the debate and remind people to hydrate.
I WILL DRINK THE SEA WATER, I WILL BE DEHYDRATED, YOU CANNOT STOP ME!

WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #698688

Tegun wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:38 am
oranges wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:05 pm
Tegun wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:41 pm I liked the video at the end. The theme not so much.

I'm concerned about rule 6 regarding my platform.
you're intending to bribe people?
It could be construed as bribery, but it could also be construed as justice.
will you unban 2beard
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #698693

why not ill run
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #698694

timberpoes had me as his third vote last time... If he believes in me I believe in me
Living God

Extraordinary Person

conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #698697

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:59 am Is Sinful proposing a Lebanon style system where two thirds of the headmins must always be LRP admins and the other seat is an MRP one?
I WILL DRINK THE SEA WATER, I WILL BE DEHYDRATED, YOU CANNOT STOP ME!

You should run for headmin on that alone since already you're more dedicated to my platform than me.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #698715

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:07 pm timberpoes had me as his third vote last time... If he believes in me I believe in me
Vote Gupta Autumn 2023.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #698782

I can feel my power....
Living God

Extraordinary Person

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698814

Lacran wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:36 am That's odd because none of the headmins you've voted for share your concerns on their platform and definitely haven't planned on making the changes you propose?
this is patently false. last cycle I voted Lukas 1st and Timber like top 3 and it was my favorite headmin szn yet :)
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698815

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:16 am if you think the hostvote (headmin vote) favours "out of touch manuelmins" then you should convince MSO to hand his vote out differently. He seems pretty happy with how his votes get used.
voting for a Mannymin as an LRP player/admin would be like voting for a canadian to be president of the US. who doesn’t live in the US. who’s never been to the US. who dislikes the US and prefers canada
Spoiler:
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #698817

sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:40 am
Lacran wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:36 am That's odd because none of the headmins you've voted for share your concerns on their platform and definitely haven't planned on making the changes you propose?
this is patently false. last cycle I voted Lukas 1st and Timber like top 3 and it was my favorite headmin szn yet :)
Which one of them felt like LRP is being destroyed and MRP should only get one headmin spot to prevent that?
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698818

Lacran wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:10 am
sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:40 am
Which one of them felt like LRP is being destroyed and MRP should only get one headmin spot to prevent that?
Lukas’s entire platform was championing LRP and preventing MRP policies from bleeding into it and he succeeded above and beyond

that’s why i voted for him

this MRP headmin idea i just floated yesterday cause it sounds beneficial, it’s not something I would expect a candidate to campaign for lol. it would need 2/3 headmins minimum and probably MSO or whoever has authority over the structure of TG governance itself. basically untenable
Spoiler:
Kubisopplay
Byond Username: Kubisopplay

Post by Kubisopplay » #698822

I'm going to run on a single platform of trying to convince MSO to fork and establish player vote on features. I haven't yet decided how unserious I'm gonna be about it tho
Silicon main, enough said
Tell me how badly I fucked up here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=32575
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #698823

Keep in mind that Kieth4 has had the support of two MRP headmins this term. He couldn't do anything without either myself or Misdoubtful agreeing. The fact you feel like he's had a productive term is indicative that it doesn't matter whether a headmin is MRP or LRP focused. We're tgstation headmins first and foremost. Fuck server and RP tribalism.

I am an MRP-pilled headmin. 99% of my played shifts are Manuel. People just don't realise it because I don't play, so they can't judge me on which servers I've been on recently.

Did you know the ruling regarding ligger validity brought LRP back into line with MRP, because admins ignoring round removal is how MRP was already handling people saying ligger? I'd already been enforcing it on MRP as such since MSO decided we couldn't ban ligger. Technically LRP got MRP's sloppy policy seconds. It's now more like MRP than it was before due to that ruling.

Also be super careful what you wish for. The codebase sees itself as MRP. Do you want the codebase going "Wow, these LRP headmins are dumb and we're not designing the game around the NRP tgstation they're supporting. We'll design the game around how the MRP headmins are running things, since it's more fun to code for that environment"?

There's a lot MRP and LRP can learn from each other. The sooner we stop wanking ourselves off over whether we're LRP or MRP and which is better (spoiler alert, Manuel and Sybil are identical and the outlier on tgstation server culture is Terry because it genuinely is our NRP server where netspeak is rampant), the sooner we can bring MRP ways of thinking to LRP problems and LRP ways of thinking to MRP problems for the betterment of both servers and tgstation as a whole.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #698826

Timberpoes wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:56 am Keep in mind that Kieth4 has had the support of two MRP headmins this term. He couldn't do anything without either myself or Misdoubtful agreeing. The fact you feel like he's had a productive term is indicative that it doesn't matter whether a headmin is MRP or LRP focused. We're tgstation headmins first and foremost. Fuck server and RP tribalism.

I am an MRP-pilled headmin. 99% of my played shifts are Manuel. People just don't realise it because I don't play, so they can't judge me on which servers I've been on recently.

Did you know the ruling regarding ligger validity brought LRP back into line with MRP, because admins ignoring round removal is how MRP was already handling people saying ligger? I'd already been enforcing it on MRP as such since MSO decided we couldn't ban ligger. Technically LRP got MRP's sloppy policy seconds. It's now more like MRP than it was before due to that ruling.

Also be super careful what you wish for. The codebase sees itself as MRP. Do you want the codebase going "Wow, these LRP headmins are dumb and we're not designing the game around the NRP tgstation they're supporting. We'll design the game around how the MRP headmins are running things, since it's more fun to code for that environment"?

There's a lot MRP and LRP can learn from each other. The sooner we stop wanking ourselves off over whether we're LRP or MRP and which is better (spoiler alert, Manuel and Sybil are identical and the outlier on tgstation server culture is Terry because it genuinely is our NRP server where netspeak is rampant), the sooner we can bring MRP ways of thinking to LRP problems and LRP ways of thinking to MRP problems for the betterment of both servers and tgstation as a whole.
A lot of people just don't understand how the headmin dichotomy works, I get it. Its certainly gotten better though.

Anytime someone starts praising a headmin specifically, they need to keep in mind that whatever that headmin is saying or doing 95% of the time has the backing of the others (or at least one) or may be wordlessly permitted/tolerated without a fuss but it is known about.

Praise terms and the roles themselves, not individuals. No single person enacts change around here, and its an incredibly slow churning machine.

Its why I think the elections fucking suck, because there is zero point in championing a platform you can not guarantee and don't have an action plan laid out for that can for sure happen. Almost everything isn't going to go as intended, there will be plenty of improvision, and some peoples principles may very well get sidelined when the need arises, or they lose a vote on something, or whatever else. In our cases specifically this term we've had a whole lot of life going on and conflicting schedules.

Probably one of the only real ways those running could even begin to make such a guarantee would be if they jointly ran for admin and player elect and only took on the burdens if they both won together. Which would honestly be super funny and I'd actually be interested in that one.
Hugs
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #698828

Misdoubtful wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:18 pm Its why I think the elections fucking suck, because there is zero point in championing a platform you can not guarantee and don't have an action plan laid out for that can for sure happen.
Oh good I thought I was going crazy for thinking platforms don't mean anything.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #698829

conrad wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:35 pm
Misdoubtful wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:18 pm Its why I think the elections fucking suck, because there is zero point in championing a platform you can not guarantee and don't have an action plan laid out for that can for sure happen.
Oh good I thought I was going crazy for thinking platforms don't mean anything.
There is a reason I only posted a platform as a formality for being the host vote and that it had next to nothing in it.

That way if anyone gets disappointed its not because of me failing to keep my promises, its because they set some less than mutual expectations.
Hugs
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #698857

I play every server equally(Besides terry) Do not @ me terry nerds
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #698860

I think we should nuke voting and replace it with sortition
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #698861

I think platforms mean less and less the more familiar you are with the community (or in Misdoubtfuls case it meant nothing, with the host vote secured). An underdog coming in is going to need an all around great election cycle, including the introductions and policy to get initial eyes on you before the debates. Ideally, they will also be nolifing atleast two servers and maybe even the discord to speedrun player connection to go from "lol who is this LRP/MRPmin on my server" to "oh thats mr or ms admin they are my GUY/GIRL/PERSON/MOTH and I will die for them". Unless you're Stereo and you have the charisma of LA KNIGHT yeah, its hard to come back from a bad initial candidate page since you will be written off as a non-competitor

Somebody like goofball though is goofball and can completely troll his policy and he will still have diehard voters because he is funny.
Last edited by TheLoLSwat on Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.