Memorable moments of /tg/ - a story thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Memorable moments of /tg/ - a story thread

Post by conrad » #701459

Good vibes only, or else.

I'll go first. My most memorable moment was quite old, actually, when I started back some years ago. I was playing tot, and one of my objectives was to kill Reed Glover and escape alive. I was already not very robust back then, and living in central europe with Sybil (or was it Bagil?) being West Coast I didn't really have much of a chance, but damned if I was gonna let that stop me.

So I break into Medbay, this was before chem factories, and there is Reed powergaming chems. I ask if Reed has a minute, of course he has, draw an e-sword and start swinging. OUTTA EVERY AIRLOCK SOMEONE POPS OUT yelling "HE'S ATTACKING REED" and I get dropped by syringe gun fire and crowbars and toolboxes instantly. My body gets shipped to robotics, I get borged and some sec asks "Now why would you go and attack Reed like that, friend?" I legit felt bad, he was a good bloke.

What was YOUR memorable moment of /tg/?
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Re: Memorable moments of /tg/ - a story thread

Post by dendydoom » #701460

excellent idea for a thread. i have so many memorable rounds that it's honestly impossible to even begin to sort them out in my head.

one of my favourites was when i played lawyer on manuel and saw a heretic being brought in. i immediately jumped to shoving sec away from my client and demanding to be allowed to speak to them so that i could represent them. eventually the hos gets sick of me protecting a crewmember's infallible rights so they throw me out of the brig. i charge into the captain's office and demand that i be allowed to represent an innocent crewmember, to which the captain immediately agrees and tells sec that there will be a trial over the heretic.

the crew gathers and i immediately begin by lying that there was no evidence to convict an innocent person and that sec needed to produce that evidence in order to have any basis for the arrest. the truth is that i stole the evidence and it was all in my briefcase. the detective steps forward and shows the court a print-out from the analyzer showing the heretic's fingerprints on some heretic item (either the heart or the blade, i can't remember.) i ask to see the report and immediately burn it. the hos demands that the captain has me arrested but the captain says they didn't see anything at all.

eventually sec say they have "one more piece of evidence" after huddling for a minute to discuss the trial. me and the heretic are whispering to each other about how great it's going and how dumb everyone is to believe this bullshit, which is being broadcast over the court's intercom. sec immediately whip out lasers and blast the heretic to pieces. the audience are left in shock and i grab the hos's megaphone to tell them to rise up and put an end to this illegal tyranny that's trampling on their rights.

the station explodes into a full riot, with sec locking down the brig, deploying tear gas, using batons and riot shields, the works. the crew in response are throwing molotov cocktails, yelling chants for justice, a scientist turns up and releases sentient space bears to attack sec, and sec begin stunning and cuffing us all to transport us on the shuttle. i'm fireman carried out by the hos, in cuffs, yelling "JUSTICE! JUSTICE!"

and that's how i destroyed an entire station without ever doing anything harmful to anyone.

it was just an incredible round that grew from nothing into this huge story. it was a lot of fun.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #701463

While observing a round in Manuel, I was spawned as Birdboat in the abandoned bar, where a xeno queen had made her nest. My name was changed to "xeno hunter" and I was told by a voice that I was loyal to the queen. After hearing those words I proceeded to fruitlessly defend the nest from the station's counteroffensive, but ultimately the queen was slain. However, all of her eggs were still intact, and one of the crewmembers had accidentally awakened all of the facehuggers. At that moment, my tiny birb brain had a ingenious idea, and so I began to drag around one by one the facehuggers around the station, pushing unsuspecting spacemen towards them and infecting them with xeno larvae. I infected around 4 to 5 people before I was killed by one of the borgs.
Last edited by Fren256 on Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #701467

Fren256 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:50 am While observing a round in Manuel, I was spawned as Birdboat in the abandoned bar, where a xeno queen had made her nest. My name was changed to "xeno hunter" and I was told by a voice that I was loyal to the queen. After hearing those words I proceeded to fruitlessly defend the nest from the station's counteroffensive, but ultimately the queen was slain. However, all of her eggs were still intact, and one of the crewmembers had accidentally awakened all of the facehuggers. At that moment, my tiny birb brain had a ingenious idea, and so I began dragging around one by one the facehuggers around the station, pushing unsuspecting spacemen towards them and infecting them with xeno larvae. I infected around 4 to 5 people before I was killed by one of the borgs.
holy shit i was the badmin that did this LMAO

i'm so glad you had fun!!
NSFW:
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #701468

dendydoom wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:57 am
Fren256 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:50 am While observing a round in Manuel, I was spawned as Birdboat in the abandoned bar, where a xeno queen had made her nest. My name was changed to "xeno hunter" and I was told by a voice that I was loyal to the queen. After hearing those words I proceeded to fruitlessly defend the nest from the station's counteroffensive, but ultimately the queen was slain. However, all of her eggs were still intact, and one of the crewmembers had accidentally awakened all of the facehuggers. At that moment, my tiny birb brain had a ingenious idea, and so I began dragging around one by one the facehuggers around the station, pushing unsuspecting spacemen towards them and infecting them with xeno larvae. I infected around 4 to 5 people before I was killed by one of the borgs.
holy shit i was the badmin that did this LMAO

i'm so glad you had fun!!
It was incredibly funny, I even infected a doctor whom I suspect was removing a larva from another player. Thank you for the wacky experience :lol:
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #701492

Metastation, nations
I am tider, ofc
HOS and his security detail begin staffing gulag through force because cargo was allied with science and they weren't sharing with anyone else(this is b4 ore silo killed meaningful interdepartmental politics)
I get caught on charges of not having a job. I get pulled into brig and find an unemployment line of like 20 tiders getting in the gulag van(no ids means its a one way trip)
APC goes dead
HOS pulls me and some other guy out of line, tells us CE is playing hardball with the powerlines, says we've got to infiltrate and murder the CE
We run into engineering and begin tiding it up, we steal an id and hide in cooling array maintenance hallway until the CE locks down the rest of the entrances. We run into the engine room and begin shitting it up until the CE engages us
We try to beat him up but hes got a whole bunch of security gear so its a losing battle
Someone left secure storage open so I crack open the plasma can and light the place on fire
This was before gas was made non viscous so every single tile of engineering was on fire around us
My coconspirator gets a hold of the CE's baton, stuns them, and throws them into the wall of fire
We jump into disposals as the last 5 tiles of engineering surrounding the disposals chute are engulfed in flame
MISSION COMPLETE
We then end up in cargo so we stun a miner and steal his ID to arrive at gulag(old station)
We expect to just hack open the doors and let our fellow tiders free
The security office is a crater with lava pouring in. You can see straight into the gulag in which a royal rumble of tiders and a few officers are fighting
We meet an officer on our side, hes chill even when we tell em we were planning on hacking into gulag.
The shaftminers show up pissed and looking for their id, we(3) fight them but shaftminers have more meds on them than medical does.
Meanwhile, on station, someone blows up escape + chapel + escape hall + south med + south sci as to entirely remove the option of using the shuttle.
Engine delams, cargo had set up a tesla already.
My co conspirator stole the CE's RCD and uses it to bridge over to the tiders in gulag as we get our ass kicked by miners.
The 3 or 4 assistants turn the tide and we go back to the station and use a pod cause the shuttle was fukked!!
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #701501

conrad wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:48 am Good vibes only, or else.

I'll go first. My most memorable moment was quite old, actually, when I started back some years ago. I was playing tot, and one of my objectives was to kill Reed Glover and escape alive. I was already not very robust back then, and living in central europe with Sybil (or was it Bagil?) being West Coast I didn't really have much of a chance, but damned if I was gonna let that stop me.

So I break into Medbay, this was before chem factories, and there is Reed powergaming chems. I ask if Reed has a minute, of course he has, draw an e-sword and start swinging. OUTTA EVERY AIRLOCK SOMEONE POPS OUT yelling "HE'S ATTACKING REED" and I get dropped by syringe gun fire and crowbars and toolboxes instantly. My body gets shipped to robotics, I get borged and some sec asks "Now why would you go and attack Reed like that, friend?" I legit felt bad, he was a good bloke.

What was YOUR memorable moment of /tg/?
I'm playing roboticist on lowpop Sybil. The chaplain has gone with the robotic sect, so we're both messing around in the chapel, trying to become androids. The shift has been completely quiet so far, nothing at all on the radio about anyone dying or being attacked.

Then the clown walks into the chapel with a cult halo. Doesn't even attack us or anything, just sits at one of the pews. The chaplain and I both just stare at the clown for a few moments; At first I'm convinced that its just some kind of fake hat, like the fake singularity toys you can get from arcade machines, but nope. Genuinely just a cult halo.

Definitely a certified Clown™ moment. In retrospect, it was probably one of the funniest things that he could have done.
Sealed101
Byond Username: Sealed101

Post by Sealed101 » #701502

that one time me and another robo made two gygaxes and proceeded on a half-hour+ hunt for a massive cult ultimately dying in a last prolonged battle
we were trying to get the disk in hopes of calling for self-destruct codes but we got overwhelmed in the end, was very epic and remains a dear memory of mine

there was also one round when ssticker died i think and time literally stopped for everyone, nobody could die of fire damage, no vacuum damage, no projectiles hit their target etc. surreal experience
i prefer the term "issue tracker domovenok" for my kind

Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #701503

One time i was an adamantine or diamond golem, i forget, it was the one that was practically immune to physical damage

i had like 5 cultists attacking me with their swords that all just pretty much bounced off of me

then i proceeded to punch them all to death

haha remember golems
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #701504

another time i was captain and Silkie (when they played on sybil) came up to me and starting asking me about a "wierd thing above their head"
almost that second people started screaming about revs so I grabbed them and went to sec to confirm that silkie was indeed, a headrev
2 nearby assistants begged me not to kill her so..
I then took them with me to mining, we hung out for awhile before i snuck back down to the station to ask for a shuttle to extradite them safely

one of my favorite memories
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #701505

Capsandi wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:11 pm Metastation, nations
I am tider, ofc
HOS and his security detail begin staffing gulag through force because cargo was allied with science and they weren't sharing with anyone else(this is b4 ore silo killed meaningful interdepartmental politics)
I get caught on charges of not having a job. I get pulled into brig and find an unemployment line of like 20 tiders getting in the gulag van(no ids means its a one way trip)
APC goes dead
HOS pulls me and some other guy out of line, tells us CE is playing hardball with the powerlines, says we've got to infiltrate and murder the CE
We run into engineering and begin tiding it up, we steal an id and hide in cooling array maintenance hallway until the CE locks down the rest of the entrances. We run into the engine room and begin shitting it up until the CE engages us
We try to beat him up but hes got a whole bunch of security gear so its a losing battle
Someone left secure storage open so I crack open the plasma can and light the place on fire
This was before gas was made non viscous so every single tile of engineering was on fire around us
My coconspirator gets a hold of the CE's baton, stuns them, and throws them into the wall of fire
We jump into disposals as the last 5 tiles of engineering surrounding the disposals chute are engulfed in flame
MISSION COMPLETE
We then end up in cargo so we stun a miner and steal his ID to arrive at gulag(old station)
We expect to just hack open the doors and let our fellow tiders free
The security office is a crater with lava pouring in. You can see straight into the gulag in which a royal rumble of tiders and a few officers are fighting
We meet an officer on our side, hes chill even when we tell em we were planning on hacking into gulag.
The shaftminers show up pissed and looking for their id, we(3) fight them but shaftminers have more meds on them than medical does.
Meanwhile, on station, someone blows up escape + chapel + escape hall + south med + south sci as to entirely remove the option of using the shuttle.
Engine delams, cargo had set up a tesla already.
My co conspirator stole the CE's RCD and uses it to bridge over to the tiders in gulag as we get our ass kicked by miners.
The 3 or 4 assistants turn the tide and we go back to the station and use a pod cause the shuttle was fukked!!
Holy shit what a saga
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #701522

Toolbox tournament 2017. Forcing citrus to lift weights after having his legs cut off. Ricky and I shaking down a traitor for the contents of his surplus crate. Shoe Snatchin' Willy killing bubblegum without taking off the clown shoes. Any round where Gene Ball is moving. Sawrge spamming catastrophic meteors because MSO and oranges pretended to remove catgirls. Toolbox tournament 2019 (clutch). The cheese wizard. Crapper B. Hole's shitty webcomics. Many, many more rounds.

And more recently...

The supermatter conga. and the Mothminds.

You had to be there, anon.
help
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #701530

back when free golems & humans could wage war with each other i remember that without fail, the shuttle would be boh bombed. was pretty funny
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #701531

>playing terry
>ask paramedic to hide me in a body bag to prank mortician
>he puts me in the morgue, leaves
>other doctor comes in, im still in the body bag
>him and the mortician talk, he flashes the mortician and revs him
>STILL IN BODY BAG
>jump out of body bag screaming bloody murder
>singlehandedly end revolution
respect (let him do his thing)
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #701902

Pepper wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:14 am Fond Old Memories
At some point I think you had taken a break, and it was the first time I had seen you in like a year and you were in robotics. We fought, you died. I didn't see you again for a few more months. This isn't a strong story but it stands out.

The time an admin spawned a xeno and named it my wife. We ran around, went into dorms, and they spawned a larva. I eventually died and to my horror had a massive ring of ghosts around me.

Helping someone build a BSA in perma and trying to do it without security noticing. Once we were done the captain was impressed enough to unlock the firing commands for us. The number of close calls with security and cargo was significant.

I had the objective to steal the eyes of a prisoner, and rather than just break in I bought a storage implant and filled it with escape tools. I then committed minor crimes and trash talked until security threw me in perma. It felt difficult to tread the line between "Go to jail while making it seem like it was securities idea" and "get executed".

The haunted house at one of the summer balls.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #701955

One time on tram station me and some guy i grabbed out of the halls became the tackle bros and lived to go on adventures wherein tackling was common. There was a massive plasmafire and so we ducked into lower maintenance wherein we found quest giver greg gene ball, he gave us some quest but i forget what it was. Then we went into the underpass and came across some badass murderboner, this was post progtot so it was escpecially badass when we fought him in a 50% burning underpass and got fuckin murdered after i dove headfirst into a wall and broke my skull.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #701965

Fren256 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:50 am While observing a round in Manuel, I was spawned as Birdboat in the abandoned bar, where a xeno queen had made her nest. My name was changed to "xeno hunter" and I was told by a voice that I was loyal to the queen. After hearing those words I proceeded to fruitlessly defend the nest from the station's counteroffensive, but ultimately the queen was slain. However, all of her eggs were still intact, and one of the crewmembers had accidentally awakened all of the facehuggers. At that moment, my tiny birb brain had a ingenious idea, and so I began to drag around one by one the facehuggers around the station, pushing unsuspecting spacemen towards them and infecting them with xeno larvae. I infected around 4 to 5 people before I was killed by one of the borgs.

i totally forgot i had a pic of it >:)
NSFW: