Gauging Interest in Mafia-like Forum Game

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Gauging Interest in Mafia-like Forum Game

Post by NoxVS » #706743

There's a mafia-like game I've played with friends a ton called Blood on the Clocktower that I would be interested in running after seeing the Secret Hitler game. Any interest? I'd explain the rules and all that if we went through with it, probably set up a beginner friendly game. It has some unique mechanics like the ability to continue talking and slightly affecting the game while dead, GM decisions to nudge the game towards more interesting paths, the ability to bluff mechanical abilities. Let me know here if you'd want to play, and I can look into setting it up.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Re: Gauging Interest in Mafia-like Forum Game

Post by iwishforducks » #706744

NoxVS wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:03 am the ability to bluff mechanical abilities
are you telling me that i can just tell people that i win and if they don't call my bluff then i win by default, scrabble style?
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #706751

iwishforducks wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:26 am
are you telling me that i can just tell people that i win and if they don't call my bluff then i win by default, scrabble style?
I am saying that if a role requires acknowledgement from the GM, the GM will give that acknowledgement even if it's false.

So one example from a game I played. One role is the slayer - It's ability is that once per game, during the day, they can publicly choose a player: if they are the Demon (big bad evil that good wants to kill), they die.

I had a game where it was down to me as town, the demon, and a townie I had to convince to go for the demon. I knew who the demon was and just had to get the other player to agree to execute them. The demon, as their defense, claims slayer and declares they are using it. The GM asks who they are using it on, the demon uses it on the other player, and the GM says nothing happens. The other player took this as proof that the demon was definitely slayer - So I bluffed it too just to prove that the GM would respond that way if anyone asked about it.

and then I lost that game anyways which was BULLSHIT I had that game practically in the bag and I was ROBBED
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #706752

id be down to play this
respect (let him do his thing)
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #706756

NoxVS wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:22 am
iwishforducks wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:26 am
I am saying that if a role requires acknowledgement from the GM, the GM will give that acknowledgement even if it's false.

So one example from a game I played. One role is the slayer - It's ability is that once per game, during the day, they can publicly choose a player: if they are the Demon (big bad evil that good wants to kill), they die.

I had a game where it was down to me as town, the demon, and a townie I had to convince to go for the demon. I knew who the demon was and just had to get the other player to agree to execute them. The demon, as their defense, claims slayer and declares they are using it. The GM asks who they are using it on, the demon uses it on the other player, and the GM says nothing happens. The other player took this as proof that the demon was definitely slayer - So I bluffed it too just to prove that the GM would respond that way if anyone asked about it.

and then I lost that game anyways which was BULLSHIT I had that game practically in the bag and I was ROBBED
haha, that sounds great. i suppose i’d be up for it then!
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #706762

I'd play!
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #706763

I would play too if we get enough
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #707036

I’m planning on seeing about setting it up this weekend. I’d like to have 3 more players as a minimum though. So if anyone is interested let me know.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #707102

I was planning on using this for the actual thing so I might as well drop it here as part of the sales pitch

Blood on the Clocktower - Trouble Brewing

Factions
TOWNSFOLK - GOOD
As a TOWNSFOLK, you make up the bulk of the game. It is your job to use your abilities and work with your fellow good teammates to find and kill the demon before they can take you all down.
OUTSIDER - GOOD
As an OUTSIDER, you work with the TOWNSFOLK to ensure good triumphs. However, your abilities are not conducive towards achieving this, and you will need to work around them to win.
Depending on how many players there are and what roles are in play, there may not be any outsiders.
DEMON - EVIL
As the DEMON, you are the key player of the evil team. It is your job to whittle the town down till they do not have enough numbers to stop you.
If there are enough players you will know the identity of any MINIONS, and will be given out of use TOWNSFOLK roles to bluff.
MINION - EVIL
As a MINION, you serve the DEMON. Use your abilities to sabotage the town and sow disinformation to ensure evil wins.
If there are enough players you will know the identity of the DEMON and any fellow MINIONS.
Roles
► Show Spoiler
Phases
Day
During the day, you are able to freely and publicly discuss the game with all other players, even those that are currently dead. Voting and execution occurs during this phase. If a player is executed the day will immediately end, otherwise it will naturally end as time passes. Certain roles have abilities that can be used during this time. Once day ends you shift into night.
Night
During the night, you cannot communicate with other players. Players with an applicable role will be prompted for their actions which will then be carried out according to the night order. In normal games, a player would not be prompted for an action if something earlier in the night would have stopped it (such as death), but to save time you will be informed at the end of night if such a case occurs. Once night ends you shift into day.

FIRST NIGHT ORDER
► Show Spoiler
OTHER NIGHTS ORDER
► Show Spoiler
Voting
At any point during the day, a living player may choose to nominate a player for execution. Give your reasoning for the nomination. While only one player can be nominated at a time, feel free to queue up nominations so the next nomination can begin immediately after the previous one has ended. The nominated player will be prompted to defend themselves. Once the defense has concluded, a vote will proceed in order starting with the player immediately after the nominee until every player has had a chance to publicly vote guilty or abstain. Each dead player has a guilty vote that may be used once per game.

Should a player receive votes equal to at least half of all living players, they will be placed on the block for execution. Further nominations may still occur, and if a player receives more votes they will replace the previous player that was marked for execution. Should two players receive the same amount of votes, they will both go free rather than be executed. The player marked for execution will be killed at the end of the day.

Each player may only nominate and be nominated once a day.

Victory
Some roles introduce special victory conditions. Aside from those, there are two ways in which the game can end.

Good's victory condition is to kill the demon. If the demon dies and does not have a replacement, good wins.

Evil's victory condition is to reduce the town to two living players. If there are only two players alive, evil wins.

If both teams win at the same time, good wins. For example, if the game is down to 3 living players and the demon is killed, good wins.
trexter555
Byond Username: Trexter555

Post by trexter555 » #707104

yeah sure im in
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #707118

I play the hell out of Clocktower with friends on the weekends sometimes. I'll sit out because I'd school you rookies.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later